IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 10: Grifting for Children's Toys on the Newborn Registry

Coconut Flan

My parents LOVE my daughter like crazy but we had some very no-nonsense conversations about how my husband and I parent and how it was going to go if they watched her, and have continued to have them as she's grown and changed.  My in-laws live halfway across the USA so they don't watch her but we don't consider them trustworthy anyway.  Luckily, since my parents raised me they are able to hear our conversations without being offended and they respect us.  The first one I had - because I was spanked as a kid - was to tell them if they ever hit her that would be the last time they saw her.  Not one more word about recommending spanking has passed their lips in 3 years.

We're generally lucky that they consider our relationship with them far more important than their egos in all aspects of life.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

In the latest video, Lawson and Tiffany show that they are obsessed with the new child. Tiffany, still recovering from birth, spends a lot of time just lying in bed staring at her sleeping child. I have a hard time snarking on them for that; they have a right to find every little thing he does fascinating. They're clearly going to show us every detail, at least until the newness wears off. 

For those who dislike Lawson's singing, be warned that he sings twice during this video, once while bare-chested with the sleeping baby lying atop his guitar. I don't find his singing horrendous. I don't particularly care for his style or choice of material, though. William yawns several times during Lawson's singing, prompting "isn't he cute!" from Tiffany. 

Lawson also tells us multiple times during the video about his son's pooping habits. Apparently Lawson is changing all the diapers. We also get to see Lawson get peed on. Unfortunately, this involves more shots of bare-chested Lawson. Lawson, please keep your shirt on. 

They say William mostly sleeps during the day and is awake from midnight to 8 am. Tiffany says "his eyes are open!" every time he shows signs of waking. He mostly sleeps during this video, including during a visit by multiple relatives in which he's passed from person to person. 

Tiffany's brother meets William. Then Gil, Kelly, Zach, Whitney, Bradley, Trace, Lydia, Ryker and Jeb come over for Lawson's birthday. Lawson asks if Bradley wants another baby and he says yes, he wants a boy. Babble about Zach naming Lawson and Lawson says Will can name their second son. My first reaction is what if they have baby #2 before William is old enough to understand the concept of names. My second is what if toddler William wants to name baby #2 Poop or some other inappropriate name. 

Some of the party goes to Top Golf while Tiffany's mother stays with Tiffany and William. The Bateses should just buy a Top Golf franchise, given the amount of time they spend there. 

They then take William for his one-week checkup (spoiler alert: he's fine). Tiffany is still walking very gingerly. She's using the stroller as a walker. She says something about her stitches, leading to the conclusion she had a tear. She also says she's more comfortable standing up. 

We end with - what else? - William's one-week photoshoot. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

19 minutes ago, postscript said:

In the latest video, Lawson and Tiffany show that they are obsessed with the new child. Tiffany, still recovering from birth, spends a lot of time just lying in bed staring at her sleeping child. I have a hard time snarking on them for that; they have a right to find every little thing he does fascinating. They're clearly going to show us every detail, at least until the newness wears off. 

For those who dislike Lawson's singing, be warned that he sings twice during this video, once while bare-chested with the sleeping baby lying atop his guitar. I don't find his singing horrendous. I don't particularly care for his style or choice of material, though. William yawns several times during Lawson's singing, prompting "isn't he cute!" from Tiffany. 

Lawson also tells us multiple times during the video about his son's pooping habits. Apparently Lawson is changing all the diapers. We also get to see Lawson get peed on. Unfortunately, this involves more shots of bare-chested Lawson. Lawson, please keep your shirt on. 

They say William mostly sleeps during the day and is awake from midnight to 8 am. Tiffany says "his eyes are open!" every time he shows signs of waking. He mostly sleeps during this video, including during a visit by multiple relatives in which he's passed from person to person. 

Tiffany's brother meets William. Then Gil, Kelly, Zach, Whitney, Bradley, Trace, Lydia, Ryker and Jeb come over for Lawson's birthday. Lawson asks if Bradley wants another baby and he says yes, he wants a boy. Babble about Zach naming Lawson and Lawson says Will can name their second son. My first reaction is what if they have baby #2 before William is old enough to understand the concept of names. My second is what if toddler William wants to name baby #2 Poop or some other inappropriate name. 

Some of the party goes to Top Golf while Tiffany's mother stays with Tiffany and William. The Bateses should just buy a Top Golf franchise, given the amount of time they spend there. 

They then take William for his one-week checkup (spoiler alert: he's fine). Tiffany is still walking very gingerly. She's using the stroller as a walker. She says something about her stitches, leading to the conclusion she had a tear. She also says she's more comfortable standing up. 

We end with - what else? - William's one-week photoshoot. 

The 2-year-old Will will be brainwashed enough the new baby might be named Jesus. Let's just hope that the baby's name isn't Donald Trump.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

The 2-year-old Will will be brainwashed enough the new baby might be named Jesus. Let's just hope that the baby's name isn't Donald Trump.

Those didn’t occur to me, but either could be a possibility. I suppose we should be thankful none of the many Bates or Duggar offspring have been given the names Donald or Melania. 

Bradley suggested Levi as the name of his hypothetical baby brother. Lawson said it was on their list. I could see them using Levi down the road. 

• Upvote 2

Letting William pick the name might mean selecting from a tiny list. My former colleague let her kids pick the youngest child’s name from a list of two (Alexandra or Alexandria. Technically, the kids picked the name but it was still the parents’ choice). 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Letting William pick the name might mean selecting from a tiny list. My former colleague let her kids pick the youngest child’s name from a list of two (Alexandra or Alexandria. Technically, the kids picked the name but it was still the parents’ choice). 

when my youngest cousin was born her older brother Alexander got to pick her middle name. so her middle name was Alexandra. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/9/2024 at 5:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never left my children with a babysitter and they are 9 and 11. My youngest was never away from me for more than 8 hours until he was 5. He never spent a night without me until he was 5. And it was hard as hell. I look back and wish I had hired someone just occasionally because it was very rare for a family member to watch my kids for a few hours. But I think I was overwhelmed by the prospect of hiring someone and felt some sort of ridiculous guilt for possibly paying $15 an hour just so I could get a little time to myself. 

Conservatives shit all over women who are child free by choice (JD Vance and his childless cat lady insult). Yet they won’t ask them WHY. Here’s a hint, many might actually want a kid if housing prices were not through the roof, had universal healthcare, had paid maternity leave longer than 6 weeks, and affordable childcare. Motherhood is HARD in the US and the government could make it much easier. But they constantly vote not to. And then get pissed when no one wants kids. 

My latest tank top:

catlady.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 10

I saw a woman wearing this shirt this weekend which kind of surprised me because it was in a little more conservative area although it was at a historical site. Then I'll pop back over to the politics threads. 

image.png.a622b692d97cc99954eab05797d010cd.png

• Upvote 1
  • Love 19

• 2 weeks later...

Last week’s video was a Q&A. I could not make it through. Watching Lawson talk for half an hour without action in the background is more than I can take. 

This week, the bulk of the video is taken up with Baby’s First Photoshoot. First, they are at home, where Addallee is visiting. I’m betting she’s there as a mother’s helper, though Lawson seems to be doing most of the day to day care. His enthusiasm is refreshing after so many hands-off fundy men. However, it’s obsessive enough to border on creepy. I can’t help wondering if he’ll be this involved with a second son or a daughter. 

Katie and Travis arrive. They try to get Haley to say “baby William,” but she hides her face and doesn’t want to touch the baby. Like Kenna, she appears a bit jealous when Katie holds him. Get used to it, kid. You’ve got a baby brother arriving in a few weeks. Travis tells us he and Lawson will be recording a song they co-wrote the following day. We don’t see the recording session (despite Lawson’s promise they’ll take us along), so I guess that’s for a different video. 

Tiffany’s parents are still there. Tiffany’s dad makes lobster tail with asparagus, which looks yummy.

They bathe William for the first time at home. Tiffany laments he’s no longer a newborn (he’s two weeks old!). Lawson swaddles him, informing us that Will peed on Tiffany. Then they head to Knoxville, where they do a photoshoot with Taryn.

Will apparently slept the entire car ride, so I assume he’ll be fussy. But he does very well, sleeping through most of the session. Taryn is very good with him, calming him whenever he seems likely to cry and posing him in all the typical newborn shots. They do several outfit and what Lawson refers to as “set” changes. I could have done with less time on this, but it was interesting to see Taryn direct them (“move your thumb closer to your pointy finger” “kiss the top of his head” etc.). Of course there’s a code for a discount with Taryn. 

Lawson wants to use one of the photos as his next album cover. He’s apparently written a song for Will. 

Tiffany says she doesn’t consider herself an experienced mom yet. Also refreshing when so many of these couples set themselves up as experts on marriage and parenting after ten minutes of experience. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Travis showed the recording session in their vlog... however long ago. LOL! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, postscript said:

Last week’s video was a Q&A. I could not make it through. Watching Lawson talk for half an hour without action in the background is more than I can take. 

This week, the bulk of the video is taken up with Baby’s First Photoshoot. First, they are at home, where Addallee is visiting. I’m betting she’s there as a mother’s helper, though Lawson seems to be doing most of the day to day care. His enthusiasm is refreshing after so many hands-off fundy men. However, it’s obsessive enough to border on creepy. I can’t help wondering if he’ll be this involved with a second son or a daughter. 

Katie and Travis arrive. They try to get Haley to say “baby William,” but she hides her face and doesn’t want to touch the baby. Like Kenna, she appears a bit jealous when Katie holds him. Get used to it, kid. You’ve got a baby brother arriving in a few weeks. Travis tells us he and Lawson will be recording a song they co-wrote the following day. We don’t see the recording session (despite Lawson’s promise they’ll take us along), so I guess that’s for a different video. 

Tiffany’s parents are still there. Tiffany’s dad makes lobster tail with asparagus, which looks yummy.

They bathe William for the first time at home. Tiffany laments he’s no longer a newborn (he’s two weeks old!). Lawson swaddles him, informing us that Will peed on Tiffany. Then they head to Knoxville, where they do a photoshoot with Taryn.

Will apparently slept the entire car ride, so I assume he’ll be fussy. But he does very well, sleeping through most of the session. Taryn is very good with him, calming him whenever he seems likely to cry and posing him in all the typical newborn shots. They do several outfit and what Lawson refers to as “set” changes. I could have done with less time on this, but it was interesting to see Taryn direct them (“move your thumb closer to your pointy finger” “kiss the top of his head” etc.). Of course there’s a code for a discount with Taryn. 

Lawson wants to use one of the photos as his next album cover. He’s apparently written a song for Will. 

Tiffany says she doesn’t consider herself an experienced mom yet. Also refreshing when so many of these couples set themselves up as experts on marriage and parenting after ten minutes of experience. 

Shall the holy blur make a reappearance? One must wonder. 
I wonder why Lydia didn’t take them 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone watched season 2 of The Traitors Australia? There is a contestant (Sam) that reminded me so much of someone and I could not put my finger on it, and then in the last episode I watched, he wore a cowboy hat, and it hit me. He's the Aussie Lawson. And in something I didn't think was possible, he might be smarmier and more self-important than Lawson. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

Has anyone watched season 2 of The Traitors Australia? There is a contestant (Sam) that reminded me so much of someone and I could not put my finger on it, and then in the last episode I watched, he wore a cowboy hat, and it hit me. He's the Aussie Lawson. And in something I didn't think was possible, he might be smarmier and more self-important than Lawson. 

Googled it, yep I can see it 

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-05093046.thumb.png.1a4d2c08b47d8b6ffc3daaa83167db76.pngScreenshot2024-09-05093409.thumb.png.0e33e70c06e6baac024eb6f001b94e32.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I'm cackling that the Dr. Ben Carson book on their baby registry remains unpurchased.  image.png.7fe83005febdbf0d1ebacf88e7d0f349.png

• Haha 6

Just leaving these Spotify statistics right here, Lawson:

image.thumb.png.ba0aa34f7f15c8693e38c2aa9a095261.pngimage.thumb.png.8bf89f6d73f34decd08d568e5e6c50cf.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Lawson would make a LOT more money writing songs for Travis than he ever will as a solo artist. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1