IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 24

Coconut Flan

23 minutes ago, HeavyTesting said:

Gwen's divorce was stamped 6/21/18, and she was remarried less than two months later on 8/18/18. However, I want to say her super spontaneous, surprise engagement/party was held either the next day or the next week after the divorce.

Yes, that's what I remember as well.  Remarriage nearly a couple of months after the divorce was final, but wasted no time announcing her engagement along with that OTT party immediately after.   I thought that was somewhere around days to a week.

Never forget that wedding though.  That a 60-ish yo woman went down the aisle in that unbelievable floofy dress.  OK, so while on one hand I think that a woman can wear what she wants but tbh seeing Gwen posed a bit of a, um, challenge to that idea.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

New photos of Elizabeth added to her Remnant leadership profile.  Holy filler, brows and thigh gap. Also, she has a whole mansion but uses a bathroom as the main photo backdrop?

Elizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-04.jpg.67b67e99b2fb678a90702a73b4c6fe6f.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-01.jpg.f6fc564fdaa505585ea29d8a7233fc9f.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-02.jpg.ba7ca76bf5e1de2173557fbdba18c94b.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-03.jpg.b67e054c491b5af01eda061057e83fdd.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-06.thumb.jpg.02394888a56cd7556c92d7334c471ee8.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, HeavyTesting said:

New photos of Elizabeth added to her Remnant leadership profile.  Holy filler, brows and thigh gap. Also, she has a whole mansion but uses a bathroom as the main photo backdrop?

Elizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-04.jpg.67b67e99b2fb678a90702a73b4c6fe6f.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-01.jpg.f6fc564fdaa505585ea29d8a7233fc9f.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-02.jpg.ba7ca76bf5e1de2173557fbdba18c94b.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-03.jpg.b67e054c491b5af01eda061057e83fdd.jpgElizabeth-Hannah-with-Daughter-2024-06.thumb.jpg.02394888a56cd7556c92d7334c471ee8.jpg

So sad. Elizabeth doesn’t even look real. There’s so much filler in her face. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

Holy platform shoes batman! 

And wow, her legs are very skinny.  I've only seen her in dresses or skirts. The leggings really show how skinny she is. 

I know, I know we aren't supposed to comment on body shapes but she does run the eating disorder church.  Makes me wonder why the congregation doesn't notice how unhealthy she lis and nobody should try to obtain her level of thinness. Maybe it is normal to them because of Gwen 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

17 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And wow, her legs are very skinny.  I've only seen her in dresses or skirts. The leggings really show how skinny she is. 

I know, I know we aren't supposed to comment on body shapes but she does run the eating disorder church.  Makes me wonder why the congregation doesn't notice how unhealthy she lis and nobody should try to obtain her level of thinness. Maybe it is normal to them because of Gwen 🤷‍♀️

Maybe it was worse after I left, but I don’t ever remember Gwen looking sickly skinny. Nothing like Elizabeth does currently. I also noticed that there are only recent pictures of her…almost like having older pictures for a comparison would be bad. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The thing is most of the time you can’t tell by looking at someone if they have an eating disorder or are dealing with disordered eating. We can see that Elizabeth is thinner than average but I can promise there are many many people in that cult with an eating disorder or disordered eating that are not extremely thin. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 5/21/2024 at 6:08 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

I don't think your comment is out of line at all. She's the very picture of anorexia.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

• 4 weeks later...

The Stites’ daughter Caroline — Grace Hannah’s best friend — got married yesterday. Is mother of the bride Amy Stites going to the same Remnant brow person as Elizabeth, and did she maybe spring for an eye lift too?

IMG_1432.jpeg

9 minutes ago, HeavyTesting said:

The Stites’ daughter Caroline — Grace Hannah’s best friend — got married yesterday. Is mother of the bride Amy Stites going to the same Remnant brow person as Elizabeth, and did she maybe spring for an eye lift too?

IMG_1432.jpeg

It does look like she’s had an eye lift. At least it doesn’t look too tight like a constant surprised look. It seems like pretty good plastic surgery to me. I’m sure they have the money for a good surgeon. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/20/2024 at 4:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

So sad. Elizabeth doesn’t even look real. There’s so much filler in her face. 

The second photo when she’s in the Beatles shirt the thigh gap is obviously photoshopped. You should see the fireplace opening, not the color of the stone framework. Compare to the later photo in front of the fireplace and it makes it even more obvious. So while not as immediately identifiable on my phone, I’d say the others are all manipulated to make her legs resemble toothpicks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, Rowan said:

The second photo when she’s in the Beatles shirt the thigh gap is obviously photoshopped. You should see the fireplace opening, not the color of the stone framework. Compare to the later photo in front of the fireplace and it makes it even more obvious. So while not as immediately identifiable on my phone, I’d say the others are all manipulated to make her legs resemble toothpicks. 

Even if the firepace opening wasn't wide enough to show that far to the right we'd be seeing lines in the stone. So I agree that it's been doctored. That's maybe even sadder than her "just" being that thin.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Before Gwen died, Elizabeth wore much looser bigger clothing. I wonder why she wears tighter clothing now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Before Gwen died, Elizabeth wore much looser bigger clothing. I wonder why she wears tighter clothing now. 

Good question. Is she trying to prove how she's not overeating — "sinning" — despite the grief she has been through?

She also wears more bold colors/patterns now, as do some other followers. Gwen was big on solids and not wearing too many colors/patterns. Gwen would (proudly) say how she instructed Elizabeth as a child (then Michelle) that she couldn't wear more than three colors. I think it's Elizabeth's rebellious way of wanting to be seen as "different" or "fun."

Elizabeth-Hannah-2024-02.jpg

Edited by HeavyTesting
  • Upvote 4

Maybe Gwen was aware that Elizabeth's level of thinness wasn't good publicity so she got her to "hide" while in public. If this is a shred of personality asserting itself I'm all for it. And I hope any level of self acceptance will ultimately lead to a more nutritious diet. I doubt it though: coming back from undereating after this long is next to impossible.

• Upvote 3

First public picture of the Baker Family 2.0.

Danie Bakerl, who plays in the church band (and did so with Michael Shamblin), was married to former church leader Amanda Baker. And is/was father to two *other* teen girls who seem to have disappeared.

Erin Frisby Baker was married to Michael Shamblin (and still appears as Erin Shamblin) on the leadership page.

448535971_10228896707595157_8652634464226164609_n.jpg

• Thank You 2

Does anyone have the tea on how RF forced Daniel to divorce Amanda Baker?

• Upvote 2

On 6/16/2024 at 9:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It does look like she’s had an eye lift. At least it doesn’t look too tight like a constant surprised look. It seems like pretty good plastic surgery to me. I’m sure they have the money for a good surgeon. 

I learned not to judge eye-lifts, especially since those hooded eyes would have impeded vision. Insurance even covers it because they are so necessary.

Now, plastic surgery in general is a difficult one. I have recently had liposuction for some breast reconstruction following a breast cancer scare and a double mastectomy. My god! This has hurt so, so much! So I have actually grown more concerned for people who pursue and pursue and purse plastic surgery. The level of pain is intellectualised away--not healthy!

• Love 3

Wow, it’s crazy how much that blepharoplasty (I’m assuming) changed Amy Stites. Almost looks like a different person. Congrats to her surgeon for a job well done. 

Does anyone know what Remnant teaches about all the new weight loss drugs like Ozempic? My assumption is that their stance would be similar to what they used to teach about eating disorders.

For bullemia, you are overeating but then either purging or overexercising to stay skinny; it doesnt matter that you aren’t fat because you still have the sin of greed for food in your heart and are on a path to hell. For anorexia, you are controlling when and how much you eat instead of obeying god’s will regarding when you should eat and when you should stop eating; again, it doesn’t matter that you aren’t fat because you still have the sin of control in your heart and are on the path to hell unless you start following god’s will for you instead. I assume Remnant’s current teachings about the new weight loss drugs would be similar to these prior teachings, but I’m curious if anyone has heard anything directly so that I can know for sure.

And does anyone know if people in Remnant are secretly taking these new weight loss drugs under the supervision of their doctor but then hiding it from other Remnant members or Remnant leaders so that they can fit in with the popular crowd or reap other benefits?

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Does anyone know what Remnant teaches about all the new weight loss drugs like Ozempic? My assumption is that their stance would be similar to what they used to teach about eating disorders.

For bullemia, you are overeating but then either purging or overexercising to stay skinny; it doesnt matter that you aren’t fat because you still have the sin of greed for food in your heart and are on a path to hell. For anorexia, you are controlling when and how much you eat instead of obeying god’s will regarding when you should eat and when you should stop eating; again, it doesn’t matter that you aren’t fat because you still have the sin of control in your heart and are on the path to hell unless you start following god’s will for you instead. I assume Remnant’s current teachings about the new weight loss drugs would be similar to these prior teachings, but I’m curious if anyone has heard anything directly so that I can know for sure.

And does anyone know if people in Remnant are secretly taking these new weight loss drugs under the supervision of their doctor but then hiding it from other Remnant members or Remnant leaders so that they can fit in with the popular crowd or reap other benefits?

I’m sure they are publicly opposed to the  weightloss shots, just like they were previous drugs, surgeries, diets, etc. Because they consider greed  — sin — the sole cause of obesity. And the only true “weigh” to freedom is following God’s will/Gwen’s plan.

But secretly? I imagine more than a few are using the shots, losing weight and praising Gwod! Just like plenty of those I knew who were popping antidepressants (another Remnant taboo).

It was always interesting to me how Gwen would be for and against certain things. Most medical advancements = bad. But fertility treatments that could potentially grow her flock = good.

Edited by HeavyTesting
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does anyone have the tea on how RF forced Daniel to divorce Amanda Baker?

Short answer, no.

But in March of 2023, Daniel posted lovey photos of him, Amanda and his daughters in NY. All seemed good, and they looked like a happy family. I want to say Amanda filed for divorce maybe a month after (and he would later file a counter claim). They divorced this winter, and he married Erin days after.

While Daniel and Amanda weren’t leaders at this time, they had been previously and always kept a high profile. They were besties with the Days. Both were performers and were involved with music, various church productions, day camp, etc. They had marital trouble in the past — they even went on the Dr. Phil show! — but they claimed they had a “healed” marriage upon following Gwen’s  teachings. Amanda was even a realtor for Brandon Hannah Properties after Brandon’s death.

Not sure exactly what happened. If it was work, church, marriage or all of the above. Amanda is gone, and Daniel has moved up in the ranks of Remnant royalty. Strangely, Daniel still has his page — and all his old family pics —  public, but can’t find anything on Amanda.

Edited by HeavyTesting
  • Thank You 4

37 minutes ago, SerenitybyJan said:

Grace Hannah appears to be engaged to one of the Fischer kids. 

Completely unsurprising. I’m betting they were pushed together when she and her last boyfriend broke up. They marry them so young in RF. And Grace won’t get to be in a position of power in the church until she’s married. 

I looked and it’s Timothy Fischer. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

How young old are these children? 

I think 21? That's the best I can guess. I know Grace and Caroline are supposedly besties...Caroline appears to be finishing college.