IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 24

Coconut Flan

Elizabeth want her cake and eat it too. I know a terrible saying for an eating disorder cult. But Elizabeth wants to run the church and have all the perks that come with it. But she doesn’t want to do any of the stuff her mom did to actually build the cult. Things like showing up, speaking at events, making sermons, leading holiday gatherings, attending endless weddings. Attending endless parties. 

• Upvote 8

Not only was it invitation only, but even if you are invited, it is an “evening reception” only that you are invited to, not the actual ceremony. I wonder who was invited to the ceremony?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tibby said:

Not only was it invitation only, but even if you are invited, it is an “evening reception” only that you are invited to, not the actual ceremony. I wonder who was invited to the ceremony?

Probably only close family. Because Elizabeth would be there. I could see her not d en wanting to go to the reception for long. 

• Upvote 3

Sorry my last post was filled with mistakes. I swear my phone has gone nuts lately with my keyboard feature. Typos and bad autocorrect everywhere. 

Anyway I want to say that I think Elizabeth has become a recluse. I doubt she leaves the house much. And if she does, it’s to go down to their vacation home in Destin with only her immediate family. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 8/11/2024 at 1:59 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

The divorce is whatever, typical Christian hypocrites. But the partner shuffling and erasing is downright weird.

Do they ever let both spouses stay in Remnant, or does one of them always leave after a divorce?

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Do they ever let both spouses stay in Remnant, or does one of them always leave after a divorce?

Good question, and I hope someone has more updated answer. In the past, it’s safe to say most divorces in Remnant have ultimately been because of the church — one wanting in and the other wanting nothing to do with it. I’m not aware of a couple that divorced and then continued to attend church separately. I think such members would be expected to stick it out, subject themselves to lots of Remnant counsel/guidance and stay together — and then give a testimony about the message healing their marriage.

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably only close family. Because Elizabeth would be there. I could see her not d en wanting to go to the reception for long. 

I really really hope that Timothy's bio-mom was invited. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Any pictures of the royal wedding yet?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Any pictures of the royal wedding yet?

I haven’t seen anything yet… I’m expecting another full blown wedding video. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

No photos spotted.

Wondering if she’ll go by Grace Fischer or Grace Hannah Fischer. I’d think the second to keep the Hannah association with her mother, and out of remembrance of her father.

Only thing is, her good friend  — the Dunns’ daughter — married into the Fischer family a year ago, so now she’s Hannah Fischer. That could be confusing.

Through marriage, the Fischers are now linked with several other leadership families — the Martins, Quinns, Hamiltons, Dunns and Hannahs — as well as the (Lily) Peters and the VanZantes. I suspect these family trees are going to get gnarled and knotty within the next generation or so.

Edited by HeavyTesting
  • Upvote 5

23 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

I haven’t seen anything yet… I’m expecting another full blown wedding video. 

My guess is that phones were confiscated at the door. I'm sure Elizabeth (Michelle) wouldn't want any pictures out there without her approval. Kate Tran will likely make a video but her turn around is like a month, and I'm sure Elizabeth will have editing rights and veto power, so it will likely be longer. 

Lisa Bamford Peters is usually good for a slew of pictures of random church events, but her FB is silent on this one. 

Poor Grace. I'm sure she doesn't even realize how messed up it is that her wedding is controlled by her mother's agoraphobia and body image issues. 

• Upvote 10

Grace has changed her name on social media to Grace Fischer. I'm a bit surprised...I thought maybe she'd hang on to the Hannah surname. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, SerenitybyJan said:

Grace has changed her name on social media to Grace Fischer. I'm a bit surprised...I thought maybe she'd hang on to the Hannah surname. 

Her mom doesn’t go by Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah so she’s just doing what everyone else does in the cult except for the perfect Gwent Shamblin Lara. 

• Upvote 2

Is going to weddings without an invitation a thing at Remnant? I have always thought that weddings are invitation only by default. Nobody wants to cater for random passersby

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is going to weddings without an invitation a thing at Remnant? I have always thought that weddings are invitation only by default. Nobody wants to cater for random passersby

I just think that this was an extremely exclusive event. And only the top people in RF were invited. And they wanted to make that extremely clear. Because Elizabeth would be there. I’m sure Gwen’s second wedding was the opposite of this. Where basically everyone in the cult was expected to come no matter what. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

There are a few categories of weddings

1) small private invitation only ones

2) midsize private invitation only

3) full church weddings, for these the invite is emailed to the whole church.

The full church wedding used to be the most common option. For a while, Option 1&2 were not common and normally were reserved for second weddings. Overtime, options 1&2 gained popularity and were more accepted for any couple. My partner and I had to push to have option 2 as our wedding because weddings were seen as an evangelical opportunity of the “fruits of the church” and “don’t you want your family to see the love of the church”?

If a wedding was option #3, it was totally acceptable to invite people like you would to any other service. 

While it has been a while since I left, it does look like options 1&2 have continued to grow in popularity and I hope that the couples are getting more and more say in their wedding decisions. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

According to etiquette, which has mostly disappeared, any wedding in the church is an open wedding.  The reception has always been by invitation only which could be as simple as an announcement at the church wedding.  My MIL took her etiquette seriously and attended any wedding she wanted that was held in the main church.  Home, chapel, garden, destination weddings are considered private not public events.  Weddings in the main church by being in the church are considered public events by traditional etiquette.  Of course, traditional etiquette is known by few these days.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

They've kicked off the "40 Days of Awe". What does this lead up to? Festival of Harvest? What is one supposed to due during 40 Days of Awe? What probably super sacred Jewish tradition is this Costco-brand travesty? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SerenitybyJan said:

They've kicked off the "40 Days of Awe". What does this lead up to? Festival of Harvest? What is one supposed to due during 40 Days of Awe? What probably super sacred Jewish tradition is this Costco-brand travesty? 

You’re supposed to “look inward,” and “go all in,” and “stay in the middle of the pack,” and “be pure before God” … which translates to lose about 10 pounds before Feast of Harvest/Tabernacles to look good in your fall frock and avoid additional guidance/correction.

I always wondered, if Weigh Down was about permanent weightloss and Remnant was about permanent change, why did everyone always have further to go and need gimmicks like these concentrated focus periods? 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

On 9/3/2024 at 12:11 AM, HeavyTesting said:

You’re supposed to “look inward,” and “go all in,” and “stay in the middle of the pack,” and “be pure before God” … which translates to lose about 10 pounds before Feast of Harvest/Tabernacles to look good in your fall frock and avoid additional guidance/correction.

I always wondered, if Weigh Down was about permanent weightloss and Remnant was about permanent change, why did everyone always have further to go and need gimmicks like these concentrated focus periods? 

I feel like it's a very 80s/early 90s dieting mindset. Like, a cleanse or a "The Grapefruit Diet" or whatever, like these short term calorie restrictions that used to be in all of the women's magazines back in the day. This tracks with Gwod and her schooling and history, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 9/4/2024 at 8:02 PM, SerenitybyJan said:

I feel like it's a very 80s/early 90s dieting mindset. Like, a cleanse or a "The Grapefruit Diet" or whatever, like these short term calorie restrictions that used to be in all of the women's magazines back in the day. This tracks with Gwod and her schooling and history, in my opinion. 

Good observation. For all her anti-dieting  and spirit-following claims, Gwen was super legalistic: eat only when your stomach growls; cut your food in half; sip and pause between bites; take tiny bites; use multiple bites to eat one French fry or one tortilla chip; use a saucer as a plate and even tiny silverware; eat sweets only after a meal, and only 4 M&Ms should do it; drink only noncaloric beverages; and fast regularly.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

Still no public photos/coverage of Grace’s wedding.

BUT … this couple got married in May. Like months ago. Yet the Remnant Weddings Facebook page has been posting a bunch of stuff about it NOW? 

Maybe because members of the groom’s extended family recently left the church amid mistreatment/racism accusations?

IMG_2685.jpeg

• Thank You 5

I could be remembering wrong, but I think Gwen’s wedding photos and video came out sooner than Grace’s. But it’s Gwen. So I imagine everyone worked overtime to get it out quickly.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, HeavyTesting said:

Still no public photos/coverage of Grace’s wedding.

BUT … this couple got married in May. Like months ago. Yet the Remnant Weddings Facebook page has been posting a bunch of stuff about it NOW? 

Maybe because members of the groom’s extended family recently left the church amid mistreatment/racism accusations?

IMG_2685.jpeg

I might be late but….

racism accusations?!?!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1