IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 24

Coconut Flan

The Sniders seem....snide. Not the brightest bulbs. I'm sure Elizabeth will come forward to strongly condemn this kind of behavior (sarcasm). 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SerenitybyJan said:

The Sniders seem....snide. Not the brightest bulbs. I'm sure Elizabeth will come forward to strongly condemn this kind of behavior (sarcasm). 

What’s especially upsetting: The Sniders, leaders in the church, have a younger daughter who is Black/bi-racial. And this is how her brother regards non-Caucasian people? 

IMG_2791.jpeg

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

What was wrong with her original face? I love aging faces. To me, it means wisdom. What does it mean to the Shamblin women? 

She definitely looked prettier in the "before." Now she just looks weird.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

This just makes me sad as hell. It reminds me of Laura Loomer. I think Laura Loomer is a horrible person but I can’t help but have empathy for anyone who likely has body dysmorphia. They just don’t see what we do. And they are obviously trying to fix something they see as a defect when they look in the mirror. While everyone else says the “fix” is making them look bad. Which in turn just causes them more stress and probably more cosmetic procedures. It’s our culture that I think is to blame for a lot of it. But I put Elizabeth’s issues squarely at Gwen’s stilettoed feet.  

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This just makes me sad as hell. It reminds me of Laura Loomer. I think Laura Loomer is a horrible person but I can’t help but have empathy for anyone who likely has body dysmorphia. They just don’t see what we do. And they are obviously trying to fix something they see as a defect when they look in the mirror. While everyone else says the “fix” is making them look bad. Which in turn just causes them more stress and probably more cosmetic procedures. It’s our culture that I think is to blame for a lot of it. But I put Elizabeth’s issues squarely at Gwen’s stilettoed feet.  

Michael Jackson is another extreme example of this, so it isn't just women who chase plastic surgery in an attempt to fix what isn't broken.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The contrast between Elizabeth then and now is startling.

Her current picture looks AI generated, not a real person  -- super shiny stretched forehead, the exaggerated cheek implants, the overfilled lips, very thick eyebrows, what appears to be a new nose shape and a chin implant, possibly an eye lift or reshaping. 

I'm hard pressed to see any vestige of Elizabeth at all in the 2024 photo.

I sincerely hope that her daughters don't follow her example.  

• Upvote 2

I mentioned Laura Loomer before. She’s a very right wing conspiracy trump humper. I can’t help but think that there’s a really high standard for beauty in the Alt-right trump sphere. I assume she felt like she had to look perfect because the alt-right focuses on the looks of women so heavily. Here is a picture. It’s a lot of filler, Botox, tanning, and makeup.

C26A170E-8323-47DB-BCF6-AD5A15A62846.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Eyeroll 2

I had a touch of body dysphoria—even a bit of gender dysphoria—after a double mastectomy. You guys. It is terrible! During this thread, this may be helpful.

Morals of the story:

1) Believe trans people, and work to support them. Even my slight experience makes me cry still—and it was a baby experience. The hurt goes deep, and they need and deserve appropriate healthcare. Go VOTE!

2) Plastic surgery hurts. And I hate Gwen for making her daughter believe it necessary. There is no judgment against plastic surgery for medical or personal reasons. But I will judge the hell out of people who make it necessary for spiritual reasons.

• I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Just in general, I’m not against elective plastic surgery. If you can afford it, you see a reputable plastic surgeon, and your doctor doesn’t believe you are dealing with body dysmorphia, I say go for it. I’m much more against the standards of beauty our culture perpetuates. 

• I Agree 1