IGNORED

Seriously Steve 5: He Never Changes

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It is bigoted against non-Christians.

Steve is the most self-righteous, sanctimonious, BORING person I've ever heard of. 

I wish Steve, Lori Alexander, and the Anderson parents (among others) would go live all together on "godliest of all" island so they can squabble amongst themselves about who is God's favorite while leaving the rest of the world alone. The Rods and Bro. Gary can come by every couple weeks to annoy them. 

Like a fundie version of Survivor. 

No challenges, though. That would be too much like a sports event, and that would be FUN. Can't be having that, now.:naughty:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

No challenges, though. That would be too much like a sports event, and that would be FUN. Can't be having that, now.:naughty:

I think the challenges ARE Bro Gary and the Rods. Sit through their drivel and caterwauling without going mad, attacking them, or otherwise causing chaos and you win that one.

• Haha 11

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think the challenges ARE Bro Gary and the Rods. Sit through their drivel and caterwauling without going mad, attacking them, or otherwise causing chaos and you win that one.

Good point! And I guess throw in the occasional Bible Bee and mountain hike in long skirts (it would have to be an island with a dead volcano on it or something, obviously!), and we've got a show here!:laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

So I'm back just for a minute (lots of stuff going on and peeking my head up from the pile) and I've got to say that if Steve wants to win friends and influence people he's going to fail. 

His pointed attack on sports and kids playing sports makes him look like Grandpa Simpson hollering at the kids in the yard. I hope that Sarah and Corey ignore him. He's so blatant about his hate for sports. I wonder if one of the boys put a child in Tball? 

Back to the unpacking. 

• Upvote 5

I don’t know… I think Steve’s lack of wanting kids to play sports is very well received in large families. Sports take time and money and that multiplies the more kids you have. I imagine that a lot of these large families don’t have enough of either to involve their kids in sports. But now they can get away with not involving their kids in sports AND they get to feel smug about this choice. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/2/2024 at 10:11 AM, Loveday said:

Nah, we don't need to see it. If they just stay off the Internet and leave everyone else alone that's the important part. Yes, watching them would be fun, but we can have more fun telling each other to have fun when we go pack, take a shower, go to the bathroom, and so on. Sooooooo.........have fun

With Fundie Survivor, people are still voted off the island, but only the men get to vote. Challenges include staying on a small blanket on the sand that you have to stay on for a set length of time.

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2024 at 4:33 PM, Howl said:

I was my mom's hospice carer at her home when she was dying of cancer and very near the end.  A neighbor offered to do respite care to give me a break to exercise every day.  This went on for a few days when my mom asked me to not let her in the house again.  The seemingly kind offer of respite care was to get her foot in the door to attempt a last-ditch effort to "save" my mom, who wasn't having it. 

This is so disgusting! Preying at someone who’s dying. I wonder how these Christians would feel if someone of Buddhist or Muslim faith tried converting their parents at hospital or hospice care.

I will never understand why people need to push their religion on others. I’m not sure if I believe in God, but I can’t understand how people do not realize that EVERYONE believes THEIR religion is the only right one, and how they can be convinced that they are the only ones who ACTUALLY got it right. I mean what are the chances?