IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 26: More and More and More

Coconut Flan

46 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Kristin Clark of girl defined had her baby girl on June 14 Carolina Marie Clark. I believe Marie is her middle name and her mom‘s middle name.

its Caroline not Carolina

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guessed Charlotte Marie Clark. Close, but no cigar. 

You got the C theme right!

35 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

its Caroline not Carolina

Yes I know 🤪when I came here I was thinking the middle name was also Maria and I knew that wasn’t right, so I guess I had the letter ‘a’ on my mind.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JMO said:

I knew a family that had this happen accidentally.  They had infertility with the first, had a WHOOPS pair of twins and then I think from sheer exhaustion/denial that it could happen again had a WHOOPS 4th. For nearly 2 yrs they had all the grandparents around all the time.  It was an ALL HANDS ON DECK sort of scenario.  I felt bad, they were so strung out and exhausted.  They made sure that there was not 5th.  

In my town a few years ago a family wanted a second child. The first was around 2 years old at the time, so a completely usual scenario and common age gap. They ended up with (spontaneous) triplets! And it wasn’t just about those first few months/years with 4 babies/toddlers being tough. They basically had to re-think their entire living situation. The car was too small, the apartment was too small, finances were a lot tighter, especially with 3 kids the same age needing everything at the same time, so no hand me downs, 3 balance bikes, 3 bikes, 3 school bags, 3 class trips… And of course they wanted their kids to each have hobbies and friends of their own, go on family vacations etc…

I guess it doesn’t really matter to fundies, because they don’t care about individuals interests or challenges of kids and will just cram however many beds in a room.

But if you really want to take care of your children and treat them as individuals, it gets difficult from around 3-4 kids, and next to impossible with 5 or more (unless it’s like 5 kids evenly spaced over 15-20 years).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I have a friend in a very similar situation. "Number 2" was numbers 2, 3 and 4, born when #1 was about 15 months old. People assumed fertility treatments, especially because the triplets were all fraternal, but nope, just weird luck. It was very tough and there were no more babies after that.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

On 7/17/2024 at 7:14 PM, BensAllergies said:

I remembered that when Karissa announced, I did the math and she found out she was pregnant around when Nurie did, which was the week leading up to Thanksgiving. Thus she should be at least 39 weeks and could be due any day if not already.

IMG_0632.thumb.jpeg.7f5228581befe711d28a9d0cdbc3b1e0.jpeg

Quoting myself to copy/paste this comment that I also just posted to the Karissa Collins thread.

Karissa posted today that she is 36 weeks. This means that her math was off when she posted on February 17th that she told her kids about the baby “three months ago” a few days after finding out she was pregnant. If she is 36 weeks pregnant now, then she would have found out in the days leading up to Christmas, not before Thanksgiving. I bet she was thinking about the date of the false start of her pregnancy, when her cycle began at week 0, not when she found out 4-5 weeks later.

• Thank You 3

Desiree Hope Waller. I had guessed Dorothy Hope Waller. This month I’m getting the middle names right but the first names wrong. 

F6AFFDC0-3482-4D98-B8F1-CFB7586BC621.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Desiree Hope Waller. I had guessed Dorothy Hope Waller. This month I’m getting the middle names right but the first names wrong. 

Well, we finally have the answer to the alternating initials or D for girls, P for boys debate.

I like the name. No really my personal naming style but it is pretty.

Edited by nvmbr02
typo
  • Upvote 15

4 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Well, we finally have the answer to the alternating initials or D for girls, P for boys debate.

I like the name. No really my personally naming style but it is pretty.

I like the Nick name Desi. I hope that’s what they call her. 

• I Agree 2

Desiree has a stripper-name feel to me. I don’t know why, but it evokes a sultry female, not a brand-new baby in an Uber-Christian family. I also think of the 1950s book Desiree (about a historical figure in the age of Napoleon), which I read in high school.  

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

F6AFFDC0-3482-4D98-B8F1-CFB7586BC621.jpeg

I guessed Dorothy Hope as well. Desi will always make me think of Desi Arnez and I Love Lucy. Lucille Ball's middle name was Desiree too. Wonder if the Wallers would make that connection.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, postscript said:

Desiree has a stripper-name feel to me. I don’t know why, but it evokes a sultry female, not a brand-new baby in an Uber-Christian family. I also think of the 1950s book Desiree (about a historical figure in the age of Napoleon), which I read in high school.  

Honestly if you look at Davia, Destiny, and Deseree, they all have the same feel. Deborah is the odd one out. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 11

If you discount the first daughter that was named after both parents, all the other girls have long three syllables names with virtue middle names.

• Upvote 3

I like Desiree. Best of their girl nes so far.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

They care so much about the meaning of names I really thought they would choose Dorothy. Since it means gift from god. I wonder if they know a Dorothy they can’t stand and there’s no way they will use it. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, postscript said:

I find their definition of “desired one” to be un-Christlike. Shouldn’t they be more complacent rather than just desiring more and more children? I think of desire as more sexual or just a greedy type of want, an attribute that you really shouldn’t be proud of.

I also think the name Desiree is too close sounding to Destiny. The three sisters in a row are Des, Deb and Des. Calling a Dorothy “Dori” would have been cute, had a good meaning and have been more different sounding than her sisters’ names.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Wrong thread again…

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Every time I read Desiree’s name I hear U2 crooning “Desire.”

• Upvote 1

Chris Pratt is expecting his fourth child.

• Thank You 2

I’m never going to remember the Waller newest is Desiree and not Dorothy.  Dorothy just seems to go with the other names and Desiree seems like a stretch to make work.   Sometimes I wonder if fundies find a name first and then stretch the meaning to make it work for their purpose.   

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 7/20/2024 at 4:43 AM, GreenBeans said:

But if you really want to take care of your children and treat them as individuals, it gets difficult from around 3-4 kids, and next to impossible with 5 or more (unless it’s like 5 kids evenly spaced over 15-20 years).

I'm the middle of three with five years on either side. It was good and we're all close, but personally I think I'd prefer a smidge of a smaller gap. I think three years is probably ideal, but five years is definitely better as it comes to diapers and preschool costs.

Sarah Shearer had her baby - a girl named Maranatha (but they might call her Mary)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Lawson and Tiff's baby is William Daniel.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

23 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Lawson and Tiff's baby is William Daniel.

William is obviously a Bates family name and Daniel is for Tiffany's dad.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

William is obviously a Bates family and Daniel is for Tiffany's dad.

Honestly.. actually like it. They can call him Will. Or Liam. Or even Daniel

• Upvote 3