IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 26: More and More and More

Coconut Flan

Yay I finally got a first and middle name right!

80D39EBD-9100-48E4-8875-29FCD7A76CA0.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

I think a lot of people picked William Daniel, after both grandfathers (and also Lawson). 

William Daniel is one of fhe best Bates baby names. I like it better than William Gage. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

A lot better than Kolter Grey or Westin Slade. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 5

On 7/26/2024 at 1:57 AM, RebeccaRay said:

Honestly.. actually like it. They can call him Will. Or Liam. Or even Daniel

Calling him Daniel would be genius! It would make Tiffany’s dad feel good after “only” being chosen as middle name. AND it ties into the Bates tradition of calling children by their middle names! Win-win!

We did something similar actually. Our son has a first name that’s not a family name, but that we just liked. It’s more common in the region where we live (and where my husband is from), not so much where my family is from. The middle name is my dad’s first name (such a proud granddad moment when we told him!), but it’s also the middle name of my husband (so his side of the family is covered, too). Since our son has my last name, it’s also nice that he is connected to my husband through the middle name. And we just liked the name, it’s a very classic middle name here.

Thankfully, there were no naming expectations in either of our families, so we could choose what WE were happy with. My brother’s two kids only have first names (no middles at all), and those are not family names. So I think my parents didn’t really expect any family names from us either (so using my dad’s first name as middle was a happy surprise for them, but not an expectation).

My husband’s sister’s kids have no family names either, and my father in law hates his own names (all three of them!) with a passion, so wouldn’t have wished those on our son. 😂

I always feel sorry about people whose families have naming traditions (and all the expectations that come with it). I’m really picky with names and LOVED choosing one for our child together with my husband. I would have hated it if we had had to go for a family name just because of a naming tradition.

You can tell people try to get out of it without offending their families, like with “Carson” or “Kade”.

• Upvote 3

Thankfully like many very old names, William has multiple nicknames. Bill is already taken. So I don’t think they will go with Billy or Bill. William is also taken by Erin. The fact that she made it clear he would always be William make me think stuff and Lawson will use a nickname. Will and Liam are both possibilities. There are a ton of Johns in my family. So things get confusing. Johnny as a nickname helps. But there are a few that just prefer John.

• Upvote 2

Lydia Helferich Hardy just had her 3rd baby. Another boy. July 28th 2024

• Upvote 6

Grace Wikstrom Etbeaur had a miscarriage in Jan. Baby would have been due around this week

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Tiffany Bates has had the baby. Lawson is irritating. Maybe he thinks he’s funny but it just comes across as silly and annoying. 

• Thank You 2

I actually thought Lawson seemed more supportive than a lot of husbands, especially during the pushing. It looks like William Daniel was born either July 19th or 20th.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I actually thought Lawson seemed more supportive than a lot of husbands, especially during the pushing. It looks like William Daniel was born either July 19th or 20th.

That's the timing I was thinking. G&K weren't at the cash and carry on the 20th. That was the biggest giveaway. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, marmalade said:

That's the timing I was thinking. G&K weren't at the cash and carry on the 20th. That was the biggest giveaway. 

Yeah. And I knew she’d had the baby before Lawson’s birthday because Tiffany’s family was in town, but only her father and brother went to Top a golf while she and her mom stayed at the house and Tiffany was only shown in pictures above the chest in the birthday reel. 

• Upvote 1

William shares his birthday with Josie and Kelton's daughter, Willow. She was born the same day back in 2019.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

William Daniel was 7lbs, 2 oz and born on July 19th. Based on a comment by Esther Bates, it appears they are calling him Will. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Based on their new video of family meeting the baby, they are calling him Will.

32 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Based on their new video of family meeting the baby, they are calling him Will.

Yep. Bill, Gil, Will and Lawson 😂 one of these things is not like the others. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yep. Bill, Gil, Will and Lawson 😂 one of these things is not like the others. 

Gil has nothing to do with William. His full name is William Gilvin. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Gil has nothing to do with William. His full name is William Gilvin. 

I know that, I was just making a joke that the other three nicknames rhyme and Lawson’s (also his middle name) does not 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

And for the others future Williams in the family, they could go by Billy, Willy and Gilly (ok, I miss Liam 😉)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Lise Marie Kendall Morton is pregnant and due probably in Sept based on a family photo shoot video

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Lise's sister Christianna is also pregnant expecting her 4th. And lise can't math unless someone is expecting twins. The video says 35 grandkids and counting. But lise said in a little bubble over the video that there will be 38 by the end of the year/by when Christiana baby is born. Sister in law Emily confirmed only the 2 of them (lise and christianna) are expecting so someone can't do math or one of them is having twins

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

Lise Marie Kendall Morton is pregnant and due probably in Sept based on a family photo shoot video

Isn't she in her 40's? Also, I think we already mentioned this, but Alyssa Morton looks pregnant in a pic posted by Sarah D. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

Isn't she in her 40's? Also, I think we already mentioned this, but Alyssa Morton looks pregnant in a pic posted by Sarah D. 

She will be 43 in December. This is probably her last. I’m assuming they are hoping for another girl since they already have 5 boys and one girl. They only have even year babies. 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022, 2024. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

40 minutes ago, JMO said:

I saw the Pic by Sarah and Alyssa doesn't look pregnant to me

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JMO said:

Also, I think we already mentioned this, but Alyssa Morton looks pregnant in a pic posted by Sarah D. 

If you're talking about the picture posted on July 14th, Alyssa definitely looks like she's at least in her second trimester.

• Upvote 2