IGNORED

Bates 33: More of the Same, Beige, Greige, Muted, and Washed Out

Coconut Flan

52 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

Apparently there was a The Knot website and Kelly and Gil and a bunch of the kids at home went except for Isaiah. Nathan and Esther went. Jackson and Emmy. Josie and Kelton and the kids were there. I'm trying to remember the rest that went. 

The Caldwells were invited but Lauren Caldwell said no. Amy and Deanna weren't invited. Bobby and Meagan Ballinger and their kids were there. Dwain and Lana Swanson and some of the kids were there

Amy and Deana weren’t invited? The Duggars are so dysfunctional. Do they follow the same Jesus that I do? Do they not self identify as Christian? Grandma Duggar must have flipped over in her grave.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Amy and Deana weren’t invited? The Duggars are so dysfunctional. Do they follow the same Jesus that I do? Do they not self identify as Christian? Grandma Duggar must have flipped over in her grave.

Oh I think Mary Duggar knew exactly how dysfunctional her family was. And she was literally the only person likely keeping it together. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Any evidence that any Bates went to Jana Duggar's wedding yesterday?  It is funny how the TV shows wanted us to believe that their families were best friends forever.

[yes, I know that Carlin and Joy are tight]

@JermajestyDuggar posted in Jana’s thread that Warden attended with Elijah, looking very hip.

• Upvote 7

Warden and Elijah were indeed the very definition of hip. I got a Hillsong youth pastor vibe from Warden.

• Upvote 8

Nathan and Esther live on the Duggar compound in their camper, so they probably have gotten to know Jana rather well, so it was obvious that they would be there.  Jackson and Emerson was expected, too. Jackson is tight with Nathan Wissman, since they were in each other's weddings. And I think Jackson works for Andrew Wissman in FL.

• Upvote 7

When I was thinking of Bateses that might attend, I had totally forgotten that they would have known the Wissmans  too. Now it makes sense why so many of the Bateses attended.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

When I was thinking of Bateses that might attend, I had totally forgotten that they would have known the Wissmans  too. Now it makes sense why so many of the Bateses attended.

plus this isn't just another Duggar wedding, this is the Duggar wedding of the century, who cares is Jed, jere or Justin getting married, this is Jana.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

I found all the Bates siblings on the RSVP list for Jana&Stephens wedding, even though several of them declined. The only one I couldn't find was Isaiah. Seems like some kind of glitch. I find it hard to believe that Isaiah would have done something so horrible that they wouldn't invite him :) 

Spoiler

Gil, Kelly

Warden, Addalee, Ellie, Callie, Judson, Jeb

Zach&Whitney + 5 kids - declined

Michela&Brandon

Erin&Chad - invited without kids, declined

Lawson&Tiffany - declined

Nathan&Esther + 1 kid 

Alyssa&John + 5 kids - declined

Tori&Bobby  + 5 kids - declined

Trace&Lydia + 1 kid - declined

Carlin&Evan + 2 kids

Josie&Kelton + 3 kids

Katie&Travis + 1 kid

Jackson&Emerson

Isaiah..not invited? 

= 27 Bates in attendance

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

43 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I found all the Bates siblings on the RSVP list for Jana&Stephens wedding, even though several of them declined. The only one I couldn't find was Isaiah. Seems like some kind of glitch. I find it hard to believe that Isaiah would have done something so horrible that they wouldn't invite him :) 

Hide contents

Gil, Kelly

Michela&Brandon

Nathan&Esther + 1 kid 

Carlin&Evan + 2 kids

Josie&Kelton + 3 kids

Katie&Travis + 1 kid

Jackson&Emerson

Isaiah..not invited? 

= 27 Bates in attendance

So Erin’s kids were the only children excluded? Now that is weird.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Maybe Jana knew they'd only show up with one or two and thought bring them all or bring none?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So Erin’s kids were the only children excluded? Now that is weird.

Erin might have said that she’s not coming, but they had them on the list already. So, Jana just entered them and marked them declined. It might have just been for record keeping purposes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

It was Lily's 1st birthday so understandably Zach and Whitney chose to decline.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, xenobia said:

Hide contents

Gil, Kelly

Michela&Brandon

Nathan&Esther + 1 kid 

Carlin&Evan + 2 kids

Josie&Kelton + 3 kids

Katie&Travis + 1 kid

Jackson&Emerson

Isaiah..not invited? 

= 27 Bates in attendance

Maybe Isaiah has a piece of Hannie’s heart and is person non grata lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

I don't understand why 1st birthdays have become such events in America. The kid isn't even going to remember. 

I guess when Influencing is your profession you have to constantly perform, and attending someone else's wedding means you don't get to be the main character. 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I don't understand why 1st birthdays have become such events in America. The kid isn't even going to remember. 

I guess when Influencing is your profession you have to constantly perform, and attending someone else's wedding means you don't get to be the main character. 🙄

they didn't have. party just the 7 of them, made her a cake decorated. its just their family tradition, plus they probably didn't go because its a lot to travel with 5 kids. plus Zach in age is closest to josh, so he was probably closer to josh and John since jana was a girl and since marrying Whitney who didn't grow up fundie she hasn't really made friends with the Duggar girls and he has probably gotten further away from the duggers as wells unlike Nathan who moved out their and worked with John David.

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Jinger and Jeremy got married on Spurgeon’s first birthday and Jessa was the MoH-

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I would never do a huge party like influencers do. Probably just a cake and have some family for lunch but that's it. But my Mom always said that the first birthday is important, but not for the kid, for the parents. Surviving these first 12 months has a couple is an important feat in itself! Don't need to do it on the kid's exact birthday, but it's good to stop and take the time to just realize ''Hey we did it! A year passed and we made it through!'' ;)

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jinger and Jeremy got married on Spurgeon’s first birthday and Jessa was the MoH-

That's different. They are in the same family, and I bet Jinger and Jessa didn't have a choice about the date  We are talking about Zach & Whitney choosing to stay home for their daughter's birthday vs. a wedding of people that they probably rarely see.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

On 8/18/2024 at 9:01 AM, HereticHick said:

They've been events for decades in certain circles.  My grandmother held a side show extravaganza for mine decades ago. I enjoy the photos.  I think it was a grandma competition in the neighborhood where we lived.  I had a foot tall lamb cake  -- it was almost a life size lamb.  ALL the relatives and neighbors were invited.  Grandma's entire backyard had streamers and lights.  A barbecue for all was running.  Games were set up for kids and there I was in pride of place near her chair, which had been carried out of the house, in a playpen most of the time unless she took me out to carry me around and show me off in a huge ruffles and lace dress.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

We just had a cake with my parents and brother for our daughter's first birthday, but I had to argue to get the day switched at work (a Saturday). It was her first time eating cake and I was not about to miss that!

• Upvote 4

Regarding Erin and Chad not being there. Chad's grandfather passed away earlier last week or the week before. Not to mention, they traveled that way to OK for Chad's brother's wedding last month.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

• 1 month later...

With the birth of Nathan and Esther’s baby, it appears that this is a time of no known Bates pregnancies. I guess it’s time for Carlin, Lydia or Emerson.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

With the birth of Nathan and Esther’s baby, it appears that this is a time of no known Bates pregnancies. I guess it’s time for Carlin, Lydia or Emerson.

No known Bates pregnancies, only one known Duggar pregnancy (Jed and Katey's twin girls)...what is the fundie-verse coming to😱

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

No known Bates pregnancies, only one known Duggar pregnancy (Jed and Katey's twin girls)...what is the fundie-verse coming to😱

Fear not. The Rodrigues clan is still following God’s way. I’m sure they’ll have an announcement soon.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

There are a few newly weds, right? So no need to fear, more babies will come along 😂
Erin is a possibility too.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2