IGNORED

M is for Mama 18

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I would say this is not her not handling being in 40s well and being close to grandmotherhood.

I sincerely hope she's not close to grandmotherhood, she's barely into her 40s. I hope her oldest children have some time to work out who they are, establish themselves and then decide if they want to have children.

7 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I don't think it's wrong for women to be ambivalent and/or sad about the end of their fertile years or pregnancy loss, regardless of how many children they have. But for Abbie to claim a badge of secondary infertility puts such a sour taste in my mouth. She has 10 children. She hasn't ever experienced what 99.9% of people going through infertility have. She's not out here taking BBT temps or peeing on ovulation strips. She's not cancelling work trips so that she hits intercourse timing windows. 

All of that. She's not grateful for the children she has, she was shitty about the timing with the youngest twins and she checks out of parenting all the time. She didn't spend years and a huge amount of money to have one child. I get being sad that she's moving to a new stage of life (particularly when your entire identity is built on fertility- not so much on actually being an involved parent) but seriously Abbie, sit the fuck down and shut up.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I hope she loses followers for that comment. She cares about those numbers far more than another baby anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

People asked her what dental insurance she uses. She’s showing her privilege again by saying they have none because her family member is a dentist. How nice to have a brother who can give your 10 kids free dental care. Braggie and her brother were allowed to go to college. But Braggie won’t allow her kids. Unless it’s some tiny Bible college near them that they have to pay for themselves. I hate when fundies do this. They will be doctors, dentists, lawyers, and refuse to allow their kids higher education. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3