IGNORED

M is for Mama 18

Coconut Flan

I wonder when Braggie will finally admit she’s not a homeschooling SAHM like she wants everyone to think. Her kids are in a co-op. She pays her mom to homeschool the kids. She has written multiple books. She has a podcast. She writes a blog. She does lots of brand deals and advertisements. She’s been an exercise instructor for many years. She’s admitted to having a mother’s helper in the past. She has a nanny for 6 week long European vacations. And now she admits to having an assistant. You are a working mom Braggie. Just like millions of other moms. It’s ok to admit. 

C7049102-7F39-42FC-8395-298E49FAA9B8.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder when Braggie will finally admit she’s not a homeschooling SAHM like she wants everyone to think. Her kids are in a co-op. She pays her mom to homeschool the kids. She has written multiple books. She has a podcast. She writes a blog. She does lots of brand deals and advertisements. She’s been an exercise instructor for many years. She’s admitted to having a mother’s helper in the past. She has a nanny for 6 week long European vacations. And now she admits to having an assistant. You are a working mom Braggie. Just like millions of other moms. It’s ok to admit. 

What does her table have to do with being a working mom?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

What does her table have to do with being a working mom?

I think it had to do with Braggie admitting that she had an assistant.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Xan said:

I think it had to do with Braggie admitting that she had an assistant.

Yes, it’s the fact that she admitted to having an assistant. She admits a lot of little tidbits here and there on social media. Sometimes just in passing. Like in this bit.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And another new stuff for the house. Since the kitchen is new, she needs a new dining table and benches so that everything fits together. I wonder how much the commissioned table with benches cost since it's solid wood. And lets see how long she can last before she gets the next remodel project.

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

And another new stuff for the house. Since the kitchen is new, she needs a new dining table and benches so that everything fits together. I wonder how much the commissioned table with benches cost since it's solid wood. And lets see how long she can last before she gets the next remodel project.

She really does seem to have a shopping obsession. New new new. All the time. The furniture in my living room is a mix of trash picked, Facebook marketplace, given to me by my mom, and stuff we bought new many years ago. Our cars are 21 and 11 years old. I just can’t imagine buying all this stuff new all the time. It’s crazy to me. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

What this post actually says:

Braggie was posting for years and didn’t get as much attention as she was craving. So she started posting shit stirring topics about mediocre mothers and how she’s so much better than everyone else. This got her clicks and attention she wanted. Which gave her Christian book deals, more attention, and more money. It’s great to be shit stirring princess Braggie!

E97B30DA-719C-4324-86EB-69F1852FA7ED.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Who has their own custom built pickle ball court? Overprivileged white people that’s who. 

5FDA6248-C155-4114-BB94-51D389954D9A.jpeg

• Eyeroll 12

Who wants to bet that the pickleball fad will be over by the time that court is finished?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Hane said:

Who wants to bet that the pickleball fad will be over by the time that court is finished?

If it hasn't waned already. They have the money to fix it quickly if they wanted to. 

• Upvote 3

At least near me, pickleball is still very popular. I don’t have the strength or coordination to play tennis, but I’m pretty sure I could handle pickleball. I haven’t tried yet because it’s still somewhat intimidating since most players seem to be kind of competitive.

I think a lot of people with money and land build sports courts. Near me, a lot of people probably could afford them and would want them, but don’t have enough land to build them.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

At least near me, pickleball is still very popular. I don’t have the strength or coordination to play tennis, but I’m pretty sure I could handle pickleball. I haven’t tried yet because it’s still somewhat intimidating since most players seem to be kind of competitive.

I think a lot of people with money and land build sports courts. Near me, a lot of people probably could afford them and would want them, but don’t have enough land to build them.

With them it's probably a status symbol more than anything. I'm not saying they don't play, just that she's called Braggie for a reason. 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Hane said:

I learned to play pickleball in junior high long before it became popular. It's been around for a while. It probably won't be as trendy as it is now, but it might surprise you how many people know how to play it.  Hopefully her kids enjoy playing it, and they can still use it after it's trendy.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I’m planning on trying pickle ball at some point. I just don’t know when. 

• Upvote 2

Braggie and Lindsey went on their biannual trip to Dallas. She says they always go for Braggie’s birthday and then they go for Lindsey’s birthday every year. Because Braggie doesn’t travel enough! They went out to eat, they bought makeup at Sephora, went shopping at Anthropologie and Aerie and got a milkshake at CFA.  I know moms who work full time 40 hours a week jobs in the office and they seem to spend more time at home than Braggie. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Baggie and fam are getting a puppy. Poor dog. 

Will she breed this one too for content? 

• Upvote 5

On 7/30/2024 at 4:45 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m planning on trying pickle ball at some point. I just don’t know when. 

Don't do it! 

I had Achilles tendon surgery in January after injuring it 18 months before (non-athletic injury, lunging for a 19yo cat who remained entirely uncaught) and the surgeon said that the injuries to Achilles tendons from people playing pickleball keeps him VERY busy. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Baggie and fam are getting a puppy. Poor dog. 

Didn’t they have a puppy that went missing? And if IIRC, Abbie was very nonchalant about the whole affair and chalked it up to “country life.” No doubt this is an expensive dog, hope they have better safety measures in place for this puppy.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, bea said:

the surgeon said that the injuries to Achilles tendons from people playing pickleball keeps him VERY busy. 

I did an introductory pickleball class two summers ago.  The instructors were very clear, adamant really, that the first purchase (after a good paddle) is to get court-specific and maybe even pickleball-specific shoes.  Regular running shoes can slip or catch unexpectedly, causing ankle and knee injuries. 

Pickleball isn't losing popularity anytime soon. There's a Del Webb 55+ community not too far from my city.  Hundreds of people play pickleball, they are building new courts (with night lights!) and the process of playing is extremely organized, as players advance through the ranks from beginner (with coaching) to whatever level they get to. 

The court expansion is a fraught process.  People living adjacent don't want to listen to the twock of pickleballs hitting a paddle from 6 am until 10 pm and don't want court lights shining into their windows. 

The town of 10,000 where we are right now has 8 pickleball courts that are kept in perfect condition.  Players are eyeing the two ratty  adjacent tennis courts for conversion to pickleball.  This is not a fancy town; it's politically conservative and has ranching origins, but a lot of people still turn out to play.  When it gets too cold/snowy to  play outdoors, the town rec center has indoor courts. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

The court expansion is a fraught process.  People living adjacent don't want to listen to the twock of pickleballs hitting a paddle from 6 am until 10 pm and don't want court lights shining into their windows. 

I just read an article in our local newspaper about a woman who works a night shift and has to sleep during the day. She lives close enough to a pickleball court that she can't sleep because of the constant noise of people playing all day. She's actually suing the town. In their defense, the town council is trying to work out solutions: quieter pickle balls, some kind of fabric barrier to muffle noise, etc. It would drive me crazy too to hear that all day, and I'm not trying to sleep.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

12 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I just read an article in our local newspaper about a woman who works a night shift and has to sleep during the day. She lives close enough to a pickleball court that she can't sleep because of the constant noise of people playing all day. She's actually suing the town. In their defense, the town council is trying to work out solutions: quieter pickle balls, some kind of fabric barrier to muffle noise, etc. It would drive me crazy too to hear that all day, and I'm not trying to sleep.

I know this may sound silly but why doesn’t she just get a white noise machine or a big box fan on high. I’ve slept with a box fan for about 3 decades now and it makes life so much easier. When there’s a thunderstorm in the middle of the night, I don’t wake up. When it’s 4th of July and people set off fireworks at midnight for y two weeks straight, I don’t wake up. When people rev their engines like jackasses, I don’t wake up, when there are sirens blasting from an ambulance or fire truck, I don’t wake up. I figured everyone who works third shift had some sort of noise machine along with their mandatory black out curtains. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know this may sound silly but why doesn’t she just get a white noise machine or a big box fan on high. I’ve slept with a box fan for about 3 decades now and it makes life so much easier. When there’s a thunderstorm in the middle of the night, I don’t wake up. When it’s 4th of July and people set off fireworks at midnight for y two weeks straight, I don’t wake up. When people rev their engines like jackasses, I don’t wake up, when there are sirens blasting from an ambulance or fire truck, I don’t wake up. I figured everyone who works third shift had some sort of noise machine along with their mandatory black out curtains. 

Some people cannot sleep with white noise.  It would drive me up the wall.  I also cannot have a fan in the room when I am sleeping.  People have different noise tolerances.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

Some people cannot sleep with white noise.  It would drive me up the wall.  I also cannot have a fan in the room when I am sleeping.  People have different noise tolerances.

Then honestly, those people are going to have a very hard time trying to sleep all day if they live in a city. Because it life can be loud. Especially during the day time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1

1 hour ago, zeebaneighba said:

I can't stand white noise either or fans. I don't live in an urban area and at night, especially in summer, we hear owls, and peeping frogs in the spring. That's about it. I love quiet and sleep best that way. I've lived in more urban areas and got used to the noise, but it's definitely not my preference.

I think the woman's problem with the pickleball players is the repetitive sound of the ball(s). That kind of noise drives me a little crazy too. I don't know if she's tried white noise.

• Upvote 3