IGNORED

M is for Mama 18

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Doesn’t it get really expensive too? How much does enough candy for 3,000-5,000 kids cost?

No full bars in that neighborhood. In our very busy neighborhood, if someone is giving out full bars, word travels so fast amongst the kids. It’s kind of hilarious to watch. 

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I told you Shaun did not do everything himself! She always does this. First she said Shaun or she did everything. Then later on she throws in that they had a tiny bit of help. But it’s not tiny. We built this whole house ourselves! Except we didn’t. I homeschool my kids myself! Except she doesn’t. 

02EC0C45-76FC-4AAC-BAF8-C757990A455F.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I told you Shaun did not do everything himself! She always does this. First she said Shaun or she did everything. Then later on she throws in that they had a tiny bit of help. But it’s not tiny. We built this whole house ourselves! Except we didn’t. I homeschool my kids myself! Except she doesn’t. 

02EC0C45-76FC-4AAC-BAF8-C757990A455F.jpeg

Considering that photo shows only concrete floors and a roof with only bracing as walls… 🤣

I stand corrected as I only just recognised the back wall behind the writing. So a staircase, a room, a back wall and a balcony. 

Edited by Mrs Ms
Look at pictures with glasses on!
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Considering that photo shows only concrete floors and a roof with only bracing as walls… 🤣

There’s an observation deck. So basically Shaun, his dad, and their sons did the woodwork. And the rest was done by professionals. For the past few weeks she’s acted like Shaun did everything. Just say he did all the wood framing and decking Braggie. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s an observation deck. So basically Shaun, his dad, and their sons did the woodwork. And the rest was done by professionals. For the past few weeks she’s acted like Shaun did everything. Just say he did all the wood framing and decking Braggie. 

Just noticed that as well. With basic wooden structures like that you save all that money by doing it yourself and not paying for labour (where I live) so yes, they would have “saved” a lot of money vs a quoted job with a paid crew.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Doesn’t it get really expensive too? How much does enough candy for 3,000-5,000 kids cost?

A lot. But we try to buy in bulk and we are not giving whole candy bars!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

A absolutely hate how she talks about them like a unit. I’m sure they don’t have the exact same personality so why not describe each twin instead of lumping them together as a unit? I hate when people do that with twins. 

873FFE66-D318-4B37-B519-27FA32D6DF33.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A absolutely hate how she talks about them like a unit. I’m sure they don’t have the exact same personality so why not describe each twin instead of lumping them together as a unit? I hate when people do that with twins. 

My bar for her is so low that I'm surprised she has even a single photo of them not matching. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She doesn't mention personality at all. Quiet voices, "spunk", blond hair, blue eyes, play together. 

• Upvote 9

Annnnddddd she did the same damn thing to her twin daughters. They are both units of two. And Braggie made sure each set of twins couldn’t even have their own birthday. 

076A76AA-3249-4F56-BD78-AE0C8D142810.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 2

So the girls got to go out for the traditional birthday lunch with the parents, but not the little boys?

If this is the case, I hope the parents are planning something fun for the boys too! Because if not, may infertility befall them both (A and S).

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So the girls got to go out for the traditional birthday lunch with the parents, but not the little boys?

If this is the case, I hope the parents are planning something fun for the boys too! Because if not, may infertility befall them both (A and S).

She’s my age so I’m hoping she’s done having kids. But if not, let’s hope it’s only one more. Because 11 is an uneven number and I think she probably likes having an even 10.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Her last line about the girl twins

"I hope I'm as kind as you when I grow up." 

I know people post that as a joke, but it's really not funny especially when it's from the mother of a large family. Maybe you should have grown up and become kind before you had kids. 

I know she celebrated it earlier, but isn't her real birthday about now?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Annnnddddd she did the same damn thing to her twin daughters. They are both units of two. And Braggie made sure each set of twins couldn’t even have their own birthday. 

076A76AA-3249-4F56-BD78-AE0C8D142810.jpeg

So much to look at here. 12 years old and no individual tastes, according to their mother. Lots of description of looks. Does she have any idea of who her children are as individuals? Given the singular gift at the end I'd say not.

"Whole-face smiles and enforcing in between" - so you've subcontracted the childcare to your daughters then?

"Thank you for sharing your birthday" - none of these kids had a choice about that, unlike Abbie who picked the induction date. 

"I hope I'm as kind as you when I grow up" - joke, yeah, sure. When/if Abbie grows up.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s my age so I’m hoping she’s done having kids. But if not, let’s hope it’s only one more. Because 11 is an uneven number and I think she probably likes having an even 10.

One of my real-life fundies (Catholic) is your age and pregnant. She has fewer kids than Abbie, but it's still a big family and they never had twins. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

6 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

One of my real-life fundies (Catholic) is your age and pregnant. She has fewer kids than Abbie, but it's still a big family and they never had twins. 

Abbie could definitely get pregnant still at 42. I just hope she’s one of those women who aren’t able to get pregnant at this age. Because that’s the last thing she needs is another baby to resent. 

• Upvote 2

Because that’s the last thing she needs is another baby to resent. 

The last thing Ezra, Simon, Evy, and Nola need is another child to raise -- and maybe resent because they have to raise another child.

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The last thing Ezra, Simon, Evy, and Nola need is another child to raise -- and maybe resent because they have to raise another child.

I bet the 3 girls do all of the raising these days. Now that they are old enough. I think Braggie only made Ezra the brother dad because he was oldest and she needed a child to parentify. I think nowadays the oldest two boys are used to fox manly things only. Like helping Shaun with all of his “handiwork.” I think Ezra probably works too. Braggie won’t want to spend money on him once she considers him an adult 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet the 3 girls do all of the raising these days. Now that they are old enough. I think Braggie only made Ezra the brother dad because he was oldest and she needed a child to parentify. I think nowadays the oldest two boys are used to fox manly things only. Like helping Shaun with all of his “handiwork.” I think Ezra probably works too. Braggie won’t want to spend money on him once she considers him an adult 

Isn't Ezra working for Shaun? I think he's the oldest. He's already 18 (or older?), out of high school and working. What more does he need to be an adult? She's as bad Jill R with adult sons. She needs a plan for them, especially when the five youngest are adults.  I think like the Duggars she has brand based on having a lot of kids and like the Duggars is reluctant to let the older ones go as the family starts to shrink to a more normal size.

10 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Isn't Ezra working for Shaun? I think he's the oldest. He's already 18 (or older?), out of high school and working. What more does he need to be an adult? She's as bad Jill R with adult sons. She needs a plan for them, especially when the five youngest are adults.  I think like the Duggars she has brand based on having a lot of kids and like the Duggars is reluctant to let the older ones go as the family starts to shrink to a more normal size.

She and Shaun went to college but I bet most of her kids don’t attend at 18. Maybe when they are older and have moved out and realized their mom was wrong and they actually want to go to college instead of working for dad. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She and Shaun went to college but I bet most of her kids don’t attend at 18. Maybe when they are older and have moved out and realized their mom was wrong and they actually want to go to college instead of working for dad. 

I agree with this, but it doesn't my question: what does Ezra need to do to be considered grown up?

14 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree with this, but it doesn't my question: what does Ezra need to do to be considered grown up?

That’s always the real question with fundies. They heave adult responsibilities onto their 8 year olds and then when they are actually 18, they still treat them like little kids. They always try to have it both ways. I would love for Ezra to move out and go to college but Braggie won’t allow that. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Braggie is using her children to make money. Yet again. What if she had 3 kids? She would have barely any followers. The only reason she wrote books and has so many followers is because she has ten kids, a giant house, and Anthropologie shit cluttering it up. 

BEFABAB7-7C68-4351-BD94-D0B8FF72CFBC.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie is using her children to make money. Yet again. What if she had 3 kids? She would have barely any followers. The only reason she wrote books and has so many followers is because she has ten kids, a giant house, and Anthropologie shit cluttering it up. 

BEFABAB7-7C68-4351-BD94-D0B8FF72CFBC.jpeg

A woman who's youngest kids are 4 and oldest are young adults needs to find something to talk about besides her birth stories🙄

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure non-traditional birthing experiences are covered by private insurance. I know mine covers doulas and birth centers, and I know the alaska native medical center has midwives available in addition to doctors. 

Just wondering why she has to be so weird and super special.