IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 18: Faux Royals

Coconut Flan

Archewell has been declated delinquent by the State of California for failing to submit registration fees and an annual report. 

From Page Six

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 3

I’m not surprised. Charities like that are not usually laudable in any sense of the word and Meghan and Harry seem to struggle with the basics of well… everything. So of course their charity would be a bit of a clusterfuck. 

• Upvote 5

How the Hell are they paying for McMansion and the many assorted expenses that go with their lifestyle at this point  is my question.

• Upvote 4

RE the trip to Nigeria. It is very interesting how local Nigerian press covered the visit versus western press. This was definitely a headache for the British High Commission which, of course, had to clarify that it was a private visit. (Which amuses me.) I suspect this was also tricky for high level Nigerian government officials because there are strong negative feelings around the colonial past and the British royal family in general, but the public does seem "softer" to certain individuals. Also, Nigeria is still part of the Commonwealth so there is a need to follow diplomatic protocol.

One of the speeches given hints at all this complexity: https://fmino.gov.ng/gov-sani-hosts-prince-harry-in-kaduna-says-hes-an-inspiration-to-youths-epitome-of-patriotism/

I feel like if Harry was invited, Harry can go. It may seem weird and awkward given his royal but not-working-royal status, but so be it. We have a long history in the US of former politicians continuing to involve themselves in international non-profit work and even diplomacy (shadow or otherwise), and it just is what it is. Nigerians are perfectly capable of deciding whether they want to use him or not to raise awareness around veteran issues.

• Upvote 6

And of course, she is reveling in being called Princess Meghan.  What a train wreck,'

• Upvote 3

I read somewhere that Harry asked to see Charles, but Charles' schedule was too tight (and then he had a one-one meeting with David Beckham).  But also read that he had offered Harry a stay at a Royal residence.  I guess those could both be true; there are enough Royal residences scattered around.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

My gut says it’s really a mix of both.Charles could not see him at that particular time for whatever reason maybe there was an event or person was just to important to cancel who knows, and offered Harry a  place so they could catch up later And then Harry was not willing/ able to do that. 

Also I am actually not trying to be snarky but Charles  has significantly more people wanting to see him, speak write him, have his endorsement then Harry can even dream of and also many of the people he see’s at those Garden Parties people poo poo are  really very deserving of honor of being invited and even  ill children.  So he can’t just not turn up or cancel because of his wayward kid. 

• Upvote 4

Well, and it's important to remember that Charles is battling cancer. The few engagements he does book, I can see why he wouldn't want to cancel them. 

If he cancelled the garden party to meet with Harry, the headlines would all read "DYING KING SPENDS FINAL MOMENTS WITH HARRY!" or something like that. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

Well, and it's important to remember that Charles is battling cancer. The few engagements he does book, I can see why he wouldn't want to cancel them. 

If he cancelled the garden party to meet with Harry, the headlines would all read "DYING KING SPENDS FINAL MOMENTS WITH HARRY!" or something like that. 

That's a good point.  That was pretty much on of the interpretations of Harry's super quick trip to visit Charles.  "OMG Charles must be sicker than they are telling us because Harry is dropping everything to visit."   

Thanks to everyone that pointed out the problem with commercial DNA testing results. I find that this is such an oversight and should be talked about more. Because those results, taken at face value, can really point you in the wrong direction. People often get a bit prissy when you tell them. Don’t know why. Most of us are aware we are a mix and that 95% will never really know what is all in there. If you are not aristocracy and even they don’t know everything but only what was actually written down (and oh boy did they tweak their stuff to fit the narrative).

About M and her possible Nigerian heritage. If that was her result and she wants to run with it, that’s up to her. But with my knowledge about the process and what I have seen from them I kind of think she overplayed this because it was a fitting match. I think she most definitely understands how those results come about. I think she is intelligent. I also think she is opportunistic. Not necessarily a bad thing. But they had to many 180s at that point. Contradicting themselves or having to backtrack. So I wouldn’t be surprised to hear she is actually more ____________ (fill in the blank) when it suits her.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Hah! So maybe if Lapland became a trendy cause celeb they or she would suddenly discover her amazing!Heritage! And pose with reindeer? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

And, since they are not working royals, they get to keep ALL the gifts themselves!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

I find it interesting how the media and public went nuclear on Kate for photoshopping a picture, but Archwell being found delinquent is just a matter of a missing check. Ummm, there’s also a little matter of not filing reports for 2 years in a row, and a charity being delinquent is kind of a big deal. Especially since that’s kind of their only actual job right now. They are not allowed to solicit or distribute charitable donations right now.  The difference in coverage is nuts. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Because Kate is one of the hottest names in world. Everything she does, wears, says, Etc  will either be a huge  controversy, a huge success, a huge over blown mystery or all that all at once.

The Sussexes have become a joke or punchline only of real fascination/interest anymore to the goofy ass Squatties, blindly adoring Sugars( almost wrote Duggars..)and the odd tabloid  And internet yahoo articles.

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Thanks to everyone that pointed out the problem with commercial DNA testing results. I find that this is such an oversight and should be talked about more. Because those results, taken at face value, can really point you in the wrong direction. People often get a bit prissy when you tell them. Don’t know why. Most of us are aware we are a mix and that 95% will never really know what is all in there. If you are not aristocracy and even they don’t know everything but only what was actually written down (and oh boy did they tweak their stuff to fit the narrative).

About M and her possible Nigerian heritage. If that was her result and she wants to run with it, that’s up to her. But with my knowledge about the process and what I have seen from them I kind of think she overplayed this because it was a fitting match. I think she most definitely understands how those results come about. I think she is intelligent. I also think she is opportunistic. Not necessarily a bad thing. But they had to many 180s at that point. Contradicting themselves or having to backtrack. So I wouldn’t be surprised to hear she is actually more ____________ (fill in the blank) when it suits her.

Before she met Harry, she somehow got herself an all expense paid trip to Malta claiming that she has Maltese heritage. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

The Sussexes have become a joke or punchline only of real fascination/interest anymore to the goofy ass Squatties, blindly adoring Sugars( almost wrote Duggars..)and the odd tabloid  And internet yahoo articles.

They also seem fascinating to a lot of people here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

I'd love to know what People paid them for exclusives. 

• Upvote 2

People's usual statement is they don't pay for the stories, but they "license the photos."  I'd love to know, too.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Does People have to license the photos when their photographer, who was exclusively traveling with them, takes the photos?

"Licensing the photos" translates to paying people for their participation, but allows People to say they don't pay for articles with a straight face.  They pay people for the use of their image and the value attached to that is quite flexible. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

Ah, gotcha!  Thank you, I feel rather ignorant but that makes perfect sense in the grand scheme of the celebrity world.

• Upvote 1

Don't feel ignorant.  Most of my family lives in LA and know people in the business.

• Thank You 4

On 5/14/2024 at 1:33 PM, treehugger said:

I find it interesting how the media and public went nuclear on Kate for photoshopping a picture, but Archwell being found delinquent is just a matter of a missing check. Ummm, there’s also a little matter of not filing reports for 2 years in a row, and a charity being delinquent is kind of a big deal. Especially since that’s kind of their only actual job right now. They are not allowed to solicit or distribute charitable donations right now.  The difference in coverage is nuts. 

The Governor, as part of a speech, commented on how great the Archwell foundation is, how the work they do helps tons of people, and then scolded the media for turning a minor technical issue, that was the States fault,  into a big scandal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1