IGNORED

Taylor Swift & Fundie Christians

clueliss

Jordan and McKay did the deep dive on Taylor Swift and Fundy Christians.  And I didn’t look at the timestamp, but Jinger Dugger was actually referenced in the video, that was Laurie Anderson. Ginger in a positive manner by the way.  

Spoiler

Such lunacy from some of these people.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 3:30 AM, clueliss said:

Jordan and McKay did the deep dive on Taylor Swift and Fundy Christians.  And I didn’t look at the timestamp, but Jinger Dugger was actually referenced in the video, that was Laurie Anderson. Ginger in a positive manner by the way.  

Reveal hidden contents

Such lunacy from some of these people.  

Watch more Japanese girl on phima1

I'm definitely more of a casual listener of Swift's music rather than a dedicated Swiftie. However, the more people criticize her, the more I feel inclined to defend her. Interestingly, these critics aren't even particularly religious; they just seem to dislike how she's becoming influential in the NFL too, which I find amusing.

Edited by ingridguerci94
  • I Agree 4

I honestly didn’t get any Taylor Swift music until one of the music streaming services I was using started throwing the 10 minute version of all too well at me. As well as some other selections from Taylor’s version of red. And then midnights released, and some of those songs spoke to me. And then before tortured poets released, SiriusXM turned channel 13 into Taylor’s version, and I started listening to a lot of Taylor Swift music on there and in particular evermore and folklore spoke to me. And I am now because of tortured poets, and the anthology a on full on Swifty.  

And yes, the NFL owes Taylor Swift a huge thank you.

• Upvote 3

A couple months ago (days after the Superbowl, I think) an older co-worker of mine looked up from his phone to ask me as I was stopping by the kitchen for a drink "who is Taylor Swift and why are people so mad about her?"

I told him she was a young singer and songwriter, who had started out in country and transitioned over to pop, and who was a very very successful mostly self-made young woman. To which he interjected "that's enough to scare some people!" I told him one of the things that made people mad was that she encouraged her fans to vote - not necessarily who to vote for, but to register and vote. And of course since her fans are largely young women...

He got it. 

I also told him that I'm not a huge fan of her music though it is good (my fave song of hers is Tim McGraw, even though I'm not really into country) but that she writes her music and plays guitar and puts in the work to be successful, and I admire that.

She was already getting pushback before she started dating whatever sportsball guy she's dating, for daring to encourage young people to vote and for occasionally tweeting her own opinions on some political issues. This NFL connection has just broadened the number of people finding a reason to be mad about her, I think. 

She can't win with some people. When she's single and happy, people get snarky and make fun of her being happy to hang out with her cats. When she's dating someone, people go on about how she's a slut. When she expresses her opinion, people get mad and want her to shut up. She's a young woman with lots of money she made herself off of her own talents, and she's made it clear she doesn't need a man propping her up, if she dates someone it's because she likes them, not because she needs a man in her life. She dresses how she likes and sings about her life, and lots of girls look up to her. And that's SUPER scary to people who would prefer women stay silent and submissive and secondary to men.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8