IGNORED

Recent Wheel of Fortune Episode Took A Turn For The X-Rated

47of74

A recent Wheel of Fortune took a somewhat NSFW turn

Things got X-rated on the family-friendly game show when a contestant named Tavaris misidentified a popular phrase.

Vanna White, as always, was on hand to reveal part of the phrase. The board read: _ _ _ _ /I _ /T _ E /B _ _ T!

"Right in the butt," he said with confidence, until fellow contestant Tyra, on the opposite side of the stage, audibly expressed her bewilderment. The audience collectively guffawed at the awkward moment.

The correct answer, which contestant Beth guessed, was "T H I S / I S / T H E / B E S T !"

Here's a YouTube clip of Tavaris getting it completely wrong

I wonder how my grandparents would've reacted if they were still here as they watched Wheel of Fortune Daily.

• Haha 4

Why wouldn't the t in "this" have been revealed with the other "t"s? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/29/2024 at 11:49 AM, Maggie Mae said:

Not necessarily not when they're doing the toss-ups. Letters just show up randomnly not necessarily in the letter groups. Also they all play against each other and the first one to ring in and solve gets to solve.

• Thank You 1

On 5/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Maggie Mae said:

Bigger question is what was going on in this guy's head at the time?  Right is a five letter word and they already had S identified as the last letter of the first word.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2024 at 2:05 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Not necessarily not when they're doing the toss-ups. Letters just show up randomnly not necessarily in the letter groups. Also they all play against each other and the first one to ring in and solve gets to solve.

Oh I didn't watch the video, and really never cared much for Wheel, it was just on while I waited for jeopardy back in the day. Now they are on way earlier and Jeopardy comes before wheel (at least at my gym) and I don't like the change, lol.