IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 61

Coconut Flan

I am not sure about Jinger, but I do remember both said that they’d never been to NE, and if Jer’s wedding was in NE, I guess neither one attended.

I think I did see Kenna Bates in photos, so she did attend. Were there any photos of the Stewart or Balka kids? Maybe the no kids thing was why the Paines, Websters, Smiths and Zach’s family declined. That’s an additional 20+ more people to seat and feed.

Jinger also mentioned that a meal was served to all the guests vs at all the other girls’ weddings, only family members were invited to share a meal back at the TTH. From the way she talked about that, I assumed both the bride’s and groom’s families were invited. It makes sense, and makes the cake, sweet tea and parking lot ice cream a little more understandable. It is not reasonable to feed 1200 people a full meal, but it’s also not reasonable to invite 1200 people to your wedding either-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

I don’t follow J&Js antics but on here, but I came about a snippet from an interview or their podcast, where he stated that the moment you get together with someone they become your standard of beauty. Not that you can’t find others beautiful but that the standard they get measured against will be your significant other. As crazy and dangerous I think those hardcore Christians are, I will say that I was surprised get such a reasonable and realistic quote from him. I hope that Jinger finds this perspective comforting and uplifting- those woman deserve to feel that they don’t have to go crazy over their husbands attraction to them.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 8/25/2024 at 6:16 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I mean I guess I hope she's happy with her life, but I skimmed that video of the beach vacation she and Ben took when Jessa was pregnant with her most recent baby.  They looked so over each other.  I don't really care that much about her feelings but I don't actively hope she's miserable or anything...

I’m a bit behind in this thread, but wanted to say I have the same reaction to any recent Jessa video. I haven’t watched them all, but in everything I’ve seen from the past year or two, Ben comes across as very checked out. He doesn’t seem to be around much, and when he is, he and Jessa barely seem to communicate. I get the impression they are staying together mostly for the kids. Hopefully I’m way off base, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they separated or even divorced. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, postscript said:

I’m a bit behind in this thread, but wanted to say I have the same reaction to any recent Jessa video. I haven’t watched them all, but in everything I’ve seen from the past year or two, Ben comes across as very checked out. He doesn’t seem to be around much, and when he is, he and Jessa barely seem to communicate. I get the impression they are staying together mostly for the kids. Hopefully I’m way off base, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they separated or even divorced. 

I don’t think I’ve seen an online presence of Ben in a long, long time. I have seen generational Seewald or Duggar family photos and maybe an IG post of Ben and Jessa on a date night, but beyond that I have not seen Ben’s presence in years. I have not heard him speak in years either. Maybe his role at the church requires a limited online presence?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think I’ve seen an online presence of Ben in a long, long time. I have seen generational Seewald or Duggar family photos and maybe an IG post of Ben and Jessa on a date night, but beyond that I have not seen Ben’s presence in years. I have not heard him speak in years either. Maybe his role at the church requires a limited online presence?

He pops up from time to time, particularly as a guest on people's podcasts and Youtube videos. Here's an appearance from a Youtube podcast called Now That We're A Family (link). The episode is from earlier this year, and was probably already discussed. It seems to be his most recent appearance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

9 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

According to this website, the buddy teams were:

Jana > Jason, Jackson, Josie

Jill > Joy, James, Jenni

Jessa > Jer, Justin, Jordyn

Jinger > Jed, Johannah

Josh, JD, Joe, and Josiah were not on a buddy team. 

James is a year older than Justin, although Justin is married and James is not. Jer and Hannah did get married in Nebraska, but I can't find any family photos that show which Duggars were at the wedding. Jed, Jason, James and Joe were groomsmen, and Gideon and Ivy were ring bearer and flower girl, so Joy and Jessa were most likely there. 

Thank you-I’m shocked that Jill, Jessa and Jinger were only 6 or 5 ( in Jinger‘s case) years older than their first buddy. So after the baby was weaned-at 1?-the 6 or 7 year old was responsible for helping. 

• Sad 3

I think Ben just has big stoner boy energy, always has. According to Jessa he's very involved at home. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

On 9/5/2024 at 12:21 AM, SassyPants said:

I just assumed Jer wouldn’t make those trips (the ones not associated with a wedding or other life altering event). I just cannot see Jer wanting to hang out anywhere near the Duggar clan or in Arkansas.

I am rather sure that Jeremy and Jinger made a trip to Arkansas a few years back. They stayed with Joy and Austin. Might have been Joy's gender reveal, or something similar. Not a wedding or anything major. I remember being surprised that Jeremy and Austin seemed to get along well. They seem so different to me. It is telling though, that they did nog stay at the TTH.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I think Ben just has big stoner boy energy, always has. According to Jessa he's very involved at home. 

can totally see that for him in another life!

I think in the early days he did seem really involved with Spurgeon and Henry, but back then he was studying I think, and was in the house a lot... in general I get the sense his employment used to be quite casual since he went on to tutor the Duggar kids still in the big house. And bear in mind they still had the TV show then so he may have been under less pressure to be a breadwinner.

Maybe since he started pastoring he is less present/hands on and the videos reflect that as a reality, or maybe they see it as the social media being Jessa's job and the pastoring as his, and since both are essentially work (even if they would prefer to claim that Jessa as SAHM doesn't work) they keep them quite separate. All we know of them is from what gets onto social media so I'm conscious we don't have the full picture.

Edited by AprilQuilt
  • Upvote 3

On 9/5/2024 at 6:16 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

He (Ben) pops up from time to time, particularly as a guest on people's podcasts and Youtube videos.

Does any.bod.ee here bee-leeeeeve it?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

I have never seen someone presumably not high look so baked like an apple in its jacket.

• Haha 5

Do you guys think that if Ben visited a state where weed is legal, he would pop a couple gummies? Because I kinda think he would. 

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kiki03910 said:

I have never seen someone presumably not high look so baked like an apple in its jacket.

The only fundie who comes close is the husband of Kimberly (Mueller) Palazollo (sp?) whose name I can’t remember. Though in his case it is more of the squinty smile and laugh. Having never watched a video of him I don’t know if it’s 24/7 with him too…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do you guys think that if Ben visited a state where weed is legal, he would pop a couple gummies? Because I kinda think he would. 

Ben- looking through his bible for anything forbidding the ole THC gummy- 

Hope he wouldn’t take 1 too many- Recently, I accidentally did that. It was like being really drunk, spinning room and all. I cut mine in half, and because there was only 1/2 left, I just took it with a higher strength 1/2- never combine, never-

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Bobology said:

I believe, I believe!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1