IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 61

Coconut Flan

In the People article, Jeremy says that it was expected but also a shock. That tells me it was planned with maybe a hint of infertility preceding it. Or maybe they thought it would take longer like the average of 6 months and it only happened in 2 or something. But regardless, he claims it was planned and I believe him on that.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Wow, they dragged out that blood test at the end. The rest of it was sweet. Funny part where she’s telling her mom and sisters who had come to visit for Jana’s bachelorette party. They all are gathering that night in her hot tub, she decides to tell them by saying she can’t get in because she has a baby in her belly. General squeals, congratulations etc. They make a joke about Jessa and still unmarried Jana not being in the hot tub. (they just happened to not be in the tub) The LOOK Michelle gave Jana 😆

That was epic! LOL 

Is it just me, or did the ultrasound/blood test place look kinda janky? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Their spacing allows them to likely have only one in diapers and only the newborn needing care in the middle of the night. 

This was basically my mom's thought process. Essentially, as soon as one of us was starting to potty train, she'd go for the next one. The three of us are all spaced approximately 3.5 years apart. 

I think if my little brother wasn't a boy, they'd have both gone for 4. As it is, my mom told my dad once my brother was out of diapers that she would be fine if they had another and didn't want to deal with birth control pills anymore, so if he didn't want another he needed to handle it. He made a doctor's appointment post haste

• Upvote 7

In the announcement video, Jinger says that today's culture hates kids a lot of times, and people who don't have kids are selfish.

To that, I say fuck you Jinger. Childless people don't "hate kids" or are " selfish." Old childless me spent my career in service to kids, ranging from kindergarten to college. I'm sure there are many such stories here. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 26
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, marmalade said:

In the announcement video, Jinger says that today's culture hates kids a lot of times, and people who don't have kids are selfish.

To that, I say fuck you Jinger. Childless people don't "hate kids" or are " selfish." Old childless me spent my career in service to kids, ranging from kindergarten to college. I'm sure there are many such stories here. 

In the YouTube video that was posted? Or somewhere else? There’s nothing like that in the posted video, so I’m confused. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Considering they were friends with both the Maxwells and the Bates, she should know that some women just aren't lucky enough to have kids even if they want them (thinking of Michael Bates Keilan and Sarah Maxwell Bollinger). There are probably a few other fundie women who fit this criteria. I also understand that some women don't want kids and that should be okay too.

I hope the comments are vicious. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Ok so I thought before that it was a boy, now I am thinking girl 
I guess time will tell 

I am usually right but this one is stumping me 

I thought I could see a little nub of a penis angled in the right direction but who knows it could be the feet 

I also thought the head shape was more to the boy like but turns out according to google, no lol 

Anyway as soon as I get ultrasound pics this is what I hit up to make my guesses 

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-10-17094702.thumb.png.62c78c5fcfadb7dec73b62fa5a5423b3.pngScreenshot2024-10-17095029.thumb.png.863e01b808dbd6ac4c75b28f38e6f605.png

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Confirmed VD follower then (we knew that ofc), w that BS rhetoric. Yes, kindly fuck off.. 'oh, but pants, drinking, and eye rolls' ... Doesn't mean shit. Facade. 

Edited by LongTimeLurkerOG
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I’ll take your word for it. 40 minutes is way too long to listen to them. He’s so boring and arrogant at the same time. 

Five seconds too long for me. Not touching the poo but there's a handy icon there one might accidentally click on. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

THANK YOU. Man, the self-righteous idiocy of these sanctimonious assholes. I don't have kids either. I do pay taxes. My taxes help fund public schools. I vote for politicians who support education, child care, assistance programs, libraries, medical care, and works for the COMMON FUCKING GOOD. Because I want the best for everyone, even vile assholes like these grifters. I'd happily pay MORE taxes to create a more just society. Jinger and her headship can fuck off down the road with their bullshit.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

Imo, that statement just shows her lack of logical and critical thinking skills, sadly. If it were selfish to not have kids, it would – obviously – be also selfish to limit the number of kids you have, a little bit less so, but still. If there were some sort of moral obligation for people to have kids, the quiverfull lifestyle would be the only consistent and logical conclusion.

Jinger wants to live her life like she wants it to but still wants to get the cookies for being morally perfect and shame other people for being less so.

This does not come as a surprise because that is how she was raised and probably the only way she knows how to cope with self-doubt and a lack of self-worth instilled in her. But it still is sad to see.

That being said, I believe Jeremy wants a boy and they will have one, sooner or later.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

NO Jinger! 

Having more kids than you can emotionally and financially care for adequately is selfish!! And that number varies for every person!! 

And also continuing to poop out babies, whilst being incapable of protecting your daughters from their perverted oldest brother is the hight of selfish!! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I don't care that Jinger wears pants, considers herself "free", or has moved to LA and is independent from her parents. I don't even care that she is clearly limiting the size of her family. At the end of the day, Jinger has proven that she believes you are worthless as a woman unless you are a mother, and so to her - the greatest of fuck yous. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Unfortunately, I have known a few non-fundies that believe this as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

THANK YOU. Man, the self-righteous idiocy of these sanctimonious assholes. I don't have kids either. I do pay taxes. My taxes help fund public schools. I vote for politicians who support education, child care, assistance programs, libraries, medical care, and works for the COMMON FUCKING GOOD. Because I want the best for everyone, even vile assholes like these grifters. I'd happily pay MORE taxes to create a more just society. Jinger and her headship can fuck off down the road with their bullshit.

But why waste your money like that? Education, childcare, assistance, libraries, medical care, all the child needs is Jebus, he will provide! You don’t need any of that when you have sister moms. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

So is it completely selfLESS to have a bucket of kids that leads you to have sister moms and a melt down in a laundry room because you're so overwhelmed? Because I think that would be rather SELFISH to have more kids than you can handle without a melt down. 

Also - like - go away with this line of thinking. Do not assume that every PERSON who doesn't have a child has chosen this life. Some have - some haven't - so mind yer beeswax about people's PERSONAL decisions about which you know nothing, Jinger. Phew. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

But why waste your money like that? Education, childcare, assistance, libraries, medical care, all the child needs is Jebus, he will provide! You don’t need any of that when you have sister moms. 

Wonder if Felicity will be sister-momming this new sibling?   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Wonder if Felicity will be sister-momming this new sibling?   

She's praying for a brother, so I imagine she'll be doing lots of sister momming, given she's aware of what's going on. 

• Upvote 1