IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 61

Coconut Flan

On 10/18/2024 at 4:37 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she went to school, but had to do some degree of sister-momming when home. If it's less than what Jana was doing, Jinger will think she's totally different than her mother. 

I bet it’s really hard for any of those older daughters to be able to gauge how much sibling help and chores are appropriate. There is such a vast difference between a 6 1/2 year old Felicity being sometimes asked to grab a diaper, or amuse the baby if she starts to fuss while mom is making dinner, or can she please help Evy find her shoes  —and being handed the general responsibility of daily caring for an actual small human. When is it normal helping, and when is it too much? They had such an extreme upbringing — way too sheltered and too little independence in some ways- way too many adult responsibilities in others, that sorting out what feels right for their family will be hard . It’s tough and with a wide spectrum of views even if you didn’t grow up like that. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 10/18/2024 at 8:16 AM, GreenBeans said:

I’d bet there was a lot of resentment between “team leaders” and the “buddies” on their team (and guilt about feeling resentment towards your siblings). Not having time to yourself, always dragging a little sibling along, being blamed for little siblings noch being dressed right / not behaving right / not doing chores right… and then for the buddies, always having an older sibling tell them what to do, possibly even disciplining/beating them…

I feel for all those Duggar kids. No matter how they turned out and how fundie they are today as adults, they were dealt a pretty awful hand in childhood.

It’s almost as if *checks notes* the system didn’t set them up to be each other’s best friends, as was the stated goal. 

I hope if Felicity is roped into sister momming she’s a smart ass about it. When I was 4 and asked to watch my sister, I’d stare unblinking at her and yell any update, “Mom, she moved her leg!” “Mom she sneezed!” “Mooom, there’s boogers all over her face!” “I can’t get a tissue I have to watch the baby!”

Even as a preschooler, I understood malicious compliance. 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2