IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 61

Coconut Flan

I'm mind blown. I don't understand how Jinger would be worth that to them. But then I don't understand the trump love either.  Nobody ever gave me a nice free place to live. When I stayed with my grandma (helping her because of her health issues) she suggested I live in the garage (not a nice garage to be very clear). She did eventually stop suggesting it and allowed me stay in the corner of a room. I have now finally moved on from my "you must help your family even if they don't appreciate it era"

• Love 17

I wonder if she was rebaptized because it was suggested to Jeremy that it might be worth some of these tradeoffs to MacArthur.  It was discussed how odd it was that she did that at the time.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 7/18/2024 at 3:44 PM, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

I'm reading her new book, People Pleaser, and it's more insufferable than the last one.

How are you reading it, I thought it wasn’t released until 2025.

On 7/20/2024 at 11:52 AM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I'm mind blown. I don't understand how Jinger would be worth that to them. But then I don't understand the trump love either.  Nobody ever gave me a nice free place to live. 

The Feds gave Josh a free place to live.

• Haha 13

Jinger and Jeremy are kicking off their podcast again, per Jinger’s Instagram.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Jinger and Jeremy are kicking off their podcast again, per Jinger’s Instagram.

They've already put out two videos. One about the move, and the other about keeping their kids off social media.

• Upvote 2

On 7/18/2024 at 3:44 PM, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

I'm reading her new book, People Pleaser, and it's more insufferable than the last one.

I gather you have a review copy? Since this won't be released until January. I'm surprised ARCs are even available yet.

• Upvote 1

has Jeremy secured himself a job in his field? Is he still in school? Is Jinger supporter all of them?

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2024 at 11:56 PM, marmalade said:

They've already put out two videos. One about the move, and the other about keeping their kids off social media.

Um their kids are really young. I certainly hope that at three and six they aren’t on social media. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Um their kids are really young. I certainly hope that at three and six they aren’t on social media. 

Props for them to not exploiting the girls for $$$$. Unlike, say, Carlin. 

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Props for them to not exploiting the girls for $$$$. Unlike, say, Carlin. 

Or Jim Bob and Michelle

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Or Jim Bob and Michelle

You win! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Jinger and Jeremy keeping their children off their social media is the only thing I like about them. 

• Upvote 14
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • I Agree 8

A couple loose ends...first, their house has sold. Interesngly, the new place also shows a new buyer. Can the Vuolos really afford this place or did another church faction buy it (and they're renting at low cost)? Hmmmm....

Also, a new podcast dropped today regarding purity culture. Their stance: purity itself is godly. The culture, and all its arbitrary rules, is garbage. I believe Jer referenced the 50 page questionnaire. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

Spoiler

IMG_4421.thumb.png.b369ff25e337075a6f5cc0be7eb8cac1.pngIMG_4422.thumb.png.236cdd52bcf5ba179683e7d73ed95375.png

Anyone wanna take one for the team and listen to this drivel. I may have been more tempted if it was called “the dangers of purity culture.” But ya know they won’t address any of that. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I  listened to their newest podcasts and I hate to say this, but they are coherent and do make some decent points in terms of rules, Gothard and legalism and how many of the arbitrary things she was taught as a child were not biblically based. Jinger, for a person who has had a very, very limited traditional education, does present herself well in front of the camera. I am glad that her work on the show left her with some tangible skills. My bar for Jeremy is much higher though because he was never denied an education. I still do not support their beliefs though. Good on them for the changes they have made. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

Spoiler

IMG_4450.thumb.jpeg.bdaf4f3b6350abeea373459012286f8b.jpeg

I saw this on Insta with no further context does anyone know it?

• Upvote 4

On 8/10/2024 at 10:28 AM, xenobia said:

Jeremy had a PR-company make a short film about him as a soccer player who became a preacher. He's linked to it on his IG. Here's the original website: https://www.jbondmedia.com/clients/jeremy-vuolo

I watched this (partly because I'm a keen amateur soccer player and sometimes goalkeeper who wanted to see footage of the match) and it's pretty boring. The description sounds like an enthusiastic eighth-grader trying to meet the minimum word count for a book review when all they can think to say is "I liked it". "The narrative vividly captures his profound experiences" lol. They put a fair bit of effort into the camera work to show him as a dad without showing the girls' faces, followed immediately by footage of him taking pictures with other kids or signing shirts for them, and I wonder if anyone got permission from their parents for that.

"I really wrestled, I would tell myself 'you can't focus on ministry, you've gotta focus on the field'" sounds like the exact opposite of how evangelicals are raised to think. That would have been called 'making an idol of sport' in some churches I have attended. I suspect Jerm is rewriting his moderate football career into something he could have been world-famous at but chose to 'give up' so he would have a story of sacrifice.

As for the game itself, looks like possibly modified rules on a smaller field? Similar to futsal. That's not a full size pitch or goal. There's a lot of empty seats in the stand, I noticed.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

Has Gothard ever said why families can’t accept help from food banks etc? I get that he doesn’t want anyone receiving government help but NGO food banks would be a literal life saver for families with umpteen kids

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

A few weeks old and a tabloid, https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-says-her-siblings-feared-they-didnt-have-enough-food-as-kids/

The noteworthy thing is Jinger recognizes it was gross to eat in the bathroom and that it wasn’t normal to have enough food for a brood of growing kids. 

She also did a podcast where she spoke about how horrible it is for families to have unfettered reproduction. She spoke about the families she knew in which the mothers were sick for months on end, the dads were always working to earn more money, and the older kids had to do much of the parenting and household chores. She stated how unhealthy those family were and how it went on for 20+ years with baby after baby. She said the Bible never directs families to live in such a way.

Derick in one of the Dillard’s podcasts talks about how Gothardism robs children of a true education, and therefore hampers their overall ability to earn money as adults or contribute to society.

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Has Gothard ever said why families can’t accept help from food banks etc? I get that he doesn’t want anyone receiving government help but NGO food banks would be a literal life saver for families with umpteen kids

I would guess it’s because of economic judgement and race. If you are being fed by charity then people can say you shouldn’t have more children and if you accept aid you’re no better than those no good [insert chosen stereotype or group here]. 

It also doesn’t look good, having so many kids you’re driven into poverty isn’t a good face for a movement. 

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She also did a podcast where she spoke about how horrible it is for families to have unfettered reproduction. She spoke about the families she knew in which the mothers were sick for months on end, the dads were always working to earn more money, and the older kids had to do much of the parenting and household chores. She stated how unhealthy those family were and how it went on for 20+ years with baby after baby. She said the Bible never directs families to live in such a way.

Which episode was that? I actually find Jinger and Jeremy's podcast interesting. I think I've listened to the one with purity culture, the one with growing up on TV and why they keep their kids private.

• Upvote 4

I haven't listened to their podcast and probably won't any time soon, as I have a huge backlog of podcasts to work through... but when she was promoting her first book I was so impressed with how articulate she had become.  She must have had coaching, but it was very natural-sounding.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Which episode was that? I actually find Jinger and Jeremy's podcast interesting. I think I've listened to the one with purity culture, the one with growing up on TV and why they keep their kids private.

I wish I could remember the exact episode. I watched all the current episodes on YouTube, and if you are familiar with that platform, there will be pop ups on the side for other recordings relating to the topic you are viewing, so I clicked on and watched a couple of those too. Also, the episodes seem to meander, especially at the beginnings. Was the purity culture one episode 4? They might have talked about this in this current series of podcasts which I think this week’s was number 5. They always drop on Wednesdays. 

I was shocked at how well spoken Jinger is- Jeremy too. I do not agree with many of their theological views, but I could see how they could make money on this type of venture. They both love the Bible. I can appreciate their efforts, even if I disagree with their assessments of the contents.

39 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I haven't listened to their podcast and probably won't any time soon, as I have a huge backlog of podcasts to work through... but when she was promoting her first book I was so impressed with how articulate she had become.  She must have had coaching, but it was very natural-sounding.

I agree on Jinger and her presentation. She has worked to secure her knowledge base and improve her delivery. I might not agree on their theology, but I do enjoy listening to them talk about it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1