IGNORED

CarVan 15: Exposed Bras Make Baby Jesus Cry, Carlin.

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

I reacted with the eyeroll because who the fuck needs a PUTTING GREEN AND BUNKER in a moderate, suburban backyard? The pool isn't enough? Where will the swing set go, or will that be a causality of CarVan's idiotic playscape. 

Apparently in one corner of the backyard. I'm going to sound very much my nearly 50 years old right now and say, "why can't the children just run and play outside in the backyard with their imagination? Why must it all be so curated that each space and zone has some exact purpose? I remember when we were just sent outside to do whatever." Sounds like a lot of concrete. So now their dog, Izzy, gets to go poop and potty in the front yard?

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

why Ould you put this much money into a house your going to move from within 5 years. They keep talking about wanting to move and build on some land. these "upgrades" are not going to upgrade the house financially. 

I wouldn't touch their house with a ten foot pole. They aren't upgrading it with any regard for market value. If I want a yard, I want a yard not some redneck, fixer upper amusement zone. I'm not kidding about the neighbors. I can just picture sitting in my backyard with my grill going and my kids playing only to have to duck when Evan decides to lob some ball over the fence in my direction. 

I'm not a huge fan of Home Owners Associations (I'm at war with mine right now). But in this case, if they had one, I'd side with the HOA on this mess. 

• Upvote 10

They are like teenagers with money living the great life. Maybe they work a lot, but I don't get this feeling. I know they are young, but they act very juvenile for their age. It's like they never could be kids and now they buy all their whims, which would explain Carlin's behaviour (raised poor with no parental attention) but Evan had a normal childhood. 

I know, to each their own, they can spend their money, their kids are well treated etc. They don't do anything bad. But the BEC me thinks they are wasting money and not maturing.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They are like teenagers with money living the great life. Maybe they work a lot, but I don't get this feeling. I know they are young, but they act very juvenile for their age. It's like they never could be kids and now they buy all their whims, which would explain Carlin's behaviour (raised poor with no parental attention) but Evan had a normal childhood. 

I know, to each their own, they can spend their money, their kids are well treated etc. They don't do anything bad. But the BEC me thinks they are wasting money and not maturing.

I think you’ve hit it. The Bates kids had very little growing up (at least until the show hit), and Gil negotiated for everything, so what they did have was grifted or thrifted. Thus, so many of them seem fixated on acquiring mounds of useless stuff. Nearly all of the Bates kids come across as materialistic and superficial.

Theyre putting in a putting green? Is this Evan’s trade off for Carlin’s pool? Evan already spends a lot of time golfing and at Top Golf. He ought to just join a club. Which would be another money drain, but would give him fresh vlog material. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Just popping in to give a heads up. There’s an interesting documentary on Max right now called Brandy Hellville.  Well, it focuses on the store and brand-name Brandy Melville. It’s a very fascinating deep dive into the world of fast fashion.  Which is the world that bates Sisters boutique operates in.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

In the documentary about David Beckham, he said that when he started his career (late teens, early 20s?), he spent his whole paycheck as soon as he got it: sports cars, designer clothes, watches. Evan seems to have that same personality on a much smaller financial scale. All the nice things he’s ever dreamed about: a Tesla, a putting green in his own backyard, are within his grasp and by god he’s going to get them.

It makes sense to me for their influencer lifestyle that they have to do things just a step up from their followers. A lot of people have swimming pools and take vacations, but not many people have a putting green! I envision the women who follow the Stewarts sharing the backyard putting green videos with golf crazy husbands. This backyard is all about content.

I also think that they shouldn’t make every home project decision based on resale value. They should use their home and space in a way that brings them happiness. Although I also hope they have real financial advisors who are helping them plan for the future.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Although I also hope they have real financial advisors who are helping them plan for the future.

Hopefully they aren’t spending it all but are putting some money away for when the influencer income stream dries up. Their “career” isn’t sustainable. And Carlin had major health issues before (the cause of which was never really determined if I remember correctly).

I get that they want to enjoy life and splurge on things they couldn’t afford when they were younger, especially Carlin. But they have kids, they should think ahead and build a nest egg for later on!

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Hopefully they aren’t spending it all but are putting some money away for when the influencer income stream dries up. Their “career” isn’t sustainable. And Carlin had major health issues before (the cause of which was never really determined if I remember correctly).

One thing that bothers me about the Bates (and Duggars) is they never talk about savings or investments--OTHER than property (and RVs). Or life insurance, for that matter. We know they don't believe in real health insurance, but I would love to know if they have IRAs or mutual funds or anything like that. I assume they don't believe in 529s (educational savings accounts) for their kids.

And I can see Bates bros/BILs getting sucked into stupid crypto scams.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

At one point Jim Bob made sure to have real health insurance including pregnancy and birth.  I don't know how the breakout goes with his offspring.

• Upvote 5

I'd guess most of them either have scamaritan or nothing.  Jill & Derick probably have real health insurance through his work.

• Upvote 5

On 8/11/2024 at 5:25 PM, Coconut Flan said:

At one point Jim Bob made sure to have real health insurance including pregnancy and birth.  I don't know how the breakout goes with his offspring.

During his political years he was covered, as was Michelle. I would bet after that it was some of those scam things where you sort of have coverage if everyone pays. Coverage by the time the show came about was iffy. I don't think he has a legit bone or intention in his body.

• Upvote 5

On 8/12/2024 at 10:05 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I'd guess most of them either have scamaritan or nothing.  Jill & Derick probably have real health insurance through his work.

I actually used the word “SCAMaritan” in a social setting. My husband looked at me like WTH- It just slipped out.

• Haha 10

Carlin posted a reel of her getting her hair cut. She went to a salon this time and a guy cut it. I think she has been going to get it cut by that Preacher's wife. The one that has that little salon in their house.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Carlin posted a reel of her getting her hair cut. She went to a salon this time and a guy cut it. I think she has been going to get it cut by that Preacher's wife. The one that has that little salon in their house.

That must have been riveting lol. She and Evan seem like garden variety Christians now.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

In this week video Q&A they got a question about how many Bates grandchildren total they think there will be. Evan said 93 and Carlin said even less. Carlin said she doesnt see any of the younger kids having more than 2 or 3 kids each. Evan joked that Tori may have 12 and up the average.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

When they were guessing how many grandkids they will have total in the Bates family, they said Alyssa is done having kids and that Zach and Whitney might be done as well.  This tracks with what we have heard from Alyssa and the person that overheard Whitney at a cash and carry.  Someone asked if they were in their forever home with the pool and putting green. Evan said definitely for a while and Carlin said she feels as though they will keep it even if they move (mentioning the backyard shenanigans would be good for VRBO). They said "maybe next year" for baby #3.

Edited by gobucks
another thought
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, gobucks said:

When they were guessing how many grandkids they will have total in the Bates family, they said Alyssa is done having kids and that Zach and Whitney might be done as well. 

Alyssa said she was done after Maci and then came Rhett so who knows. Someone on Reddit who was at the Cash-n-Carry last month overheard Whitney telling someone she was done having kids.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6

I bet Alyssa wanted to be DONE before Rhett but John either didn't want to abstain during her fertile window or didn't feel like wearing a condom, so they risked it. Hence the death stare she gave him when he said "you never know" in that recent video.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
Before isn't the same as after
  • Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I bet Alyssa wanted to be DONE before Rhet

It may very well be that Alyssa wanted that boy just as much as John.

• Upvote 3

I'm sure she's thrilled to have a boy, as much as she can be with as burned out on parenting as she seems to be.  But she sure didn't seem like she was happy about that pregnancy.  I didn't get "trying for a boy at any cost" vibes from her announcements, more misery and finality.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

Before she became pregnant with Rhett, she once said that John didn’t care and that she was the one that really wanted a son. He probably did care but just didn’t want to admit it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I clearly am not a very nice person because if I had Hyperemesis and already had 5, healthy children, there is no way I’d ever be PG again. I would have had a tubal after Rhett.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 10

I made it through 3.  We planned to stop after 2.  Although the HG was the least troublesome with number 2.  I did make sure there would not be a 4.  It simply was not in me.  I can't imagine suffereing through five, six, or more pregnancies with true HG.  Mine lasts the entire pregnancy from just days after conception until after delivery.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 10

According to Carlin, the "best day of her life" was not when she was "saved by Jesus" or met her spouse or birthed her children, it was the day the pool was finished. LMAO! 

Edited by gobucks
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 17

On 8/24/2024 at 3:44 PM, gobucks said:

According to Carlin, the "best day of her life" was not when she was "saved by Jesus" or met her spouse or birthed her children, it was the day the pool was finished. LMAO! 

Lolol. Bless her heart. I always felt really bad for Carlin (well, all the kids, but her especially) when I watched BUB. She was so emotional and so desperate for affirmation and attention. Gil and Kelly fucking suck in all their smug narcissism.

• Upvote 8

Interesting that Carlin is shilling an app that tracks your fertility and the example is ‘you’re fertile and should use another form of protection or abstain’ and not ‘you’re fertile and you should work on your quiver’.

Of course it is no surprise that they do family planning but it would have been easy to turn this advertisement around while keeping the same message.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1