IGNORED

RIP Donald Sutherland

Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing

Actor Donald Sutherland passed away today at the age of 88. 

• Thank You 1

Rest in peace, Donald Sutherland

Donald Sutherland, the Canadian actor whose wry, arrestingly off-kilter screen presence spanned more than half a century of films from “M.A.S.H.” to “The Hunger Games,” has died. He was 88.

Son Kiefer Sutherland confirmed the death Thursday. No details were immediately available.

“I personally think one of the most important actors in the history of film,” Kiefer Sutherland said on X. “Never daunted by a role, good, bad or ugly. He loved what he did and did what he loved, and one can never ask for more than that.”

The tall and gaunt Sutherland, who flashed a grin that could be sweet or diabolical, was known for offbeat characters like Hawkeye Pierce in Robert Altman’s “M.A.S.H.,” the hippie tank commander in “Kelly’s Heroes” and the stoned professor in “Animal House.”

23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Rest in peace, Donald Sutherland

If you can, check out the video Cloudbusting from Kate Bush. He plays her father. He had some nice things to say about filming it. 

On 6/21/2024 at 2:18 PM, libgirl2 said:

If you can, check out the video Cloudbusting from Kate Bush. He plays her father. He had some nice things to say about filming it. 

I liked him in Space Cowboys as the crusty old man who had ten on Frank when it came time for Frank and Hawk to get their sagging backsides out into that parking lot.

I’ll always remember seeing his ass in Animal House.

ETA:  the story I’ve heard is that Karen Allen(Katy)was hesitant about baring her ass, so Sutherland said “I’ll bare mine if you bare yours,”

Edited by smittykins
  • Haha 3

On 6/22/2024 at 5:23 PM, smittykins said:

I’ll always remember seeing his ass in Animal House.

ETA:  the story I’ve heard is that Karen Allen(Katy)was hesitant about baring her ass, so Sutherland said “I’ll bare mine if you bare yours,”

This is the role I remember him best in. In all of his Winnie the Pooh (or is shirtcocking the better term?) glory in the kitchen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2