IGNORED

Lauren Bobert 2: It Appears We Are Stuck With Her

GreyhoundFan

I had put off making a new thread about her, hoping against hope that she'd lose the primary and go the hell away. Since it appears we will be stuck with her for at least two more years on the national stage,  here's a new thread.

Continued from here:

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

The party of law and order...

• Upvote 5

She can always be counted on for stupidity. 
image.thumb.png.2112f9079bde9f0c6ae19cf6b9b9843a.png

• Eyeroll 8

• 2 weeks later...

Bobo is a dodo, part 8,103,724,666:

image.png.cb752d8e051d80317cf3d120fc8ed71d.png

• Eyeroll 11

So this happened.  Bobo was at the RNC, and happened by a table set up by Native America Calling.  This is a noon time call-in show with a new topic each day of interest/relevance to Native people anywhere in the US.  People call in and talk about their opininions/experiences.  I used to listen to it every day when I lived in SW Colorado; it was carried by the local PBS affiliate. 

From Source New Mexico:  Boebert looks to replace Haaland at Interior Department if Trump wins

Anyway, Bobo states to Native America Calling that she wants to replace the awesome Deb Haaland (Laguna Pueblo Tribe) as head of Interior Dept. if Trump wins, because "Drill, baby, drill."  You can listen to the full interview by linking to the article. 

Excepts:  "As Boebert walked by the Native America Calling radio show booth during its live broadcast Wednesday afternoon, she was quickly asked if she supports tribal sovereignty and her thoughts on the Interior Department’s policies.

Boebert said she would reverse Haaland-led efforts, like expanding Bears Ears National Monument, and she spoke in favor of expanding coal and “drilling” projects...

...Boebert said she supports tribal sovereignty. And she wants to move Bureau of Land Management offices out of Washington, D.C., and into other states...

She did not directly address any type of support for tribal nations that would want to work on land conservation projects or environmental protections measures. Instead she tried to argue that “drilling” on tribal lands is a means of environmental land management for tribes.

I believe that that is a cleaner way to take care of the environment and extract those resources that we have been blessed with to use what’s given to us by the earth to produce this energy in a clean and efficient way, rather than just covering it up with solar panels and wind turbines.”

When she was asked about the Antiquities Act, an executive action that created the expansion of Bears Ears and other national monuments, she said “Ugh, the Antiquities Act, nope..."

...“There’s been a lot of things through the Antiquities Act where we have had land grabs by the federal government. I do not want any land grabs. I do not want more wilderness areas. I don’t want these, these areas where we are unable to actually manage the land,” Boebert said.

“I am pro fossil fuels, oil and gas, and I especially want to explore nuclear,” she said during the interview. “But I think that our tribal lands are impacted severely when we are shutting down our coal-fired energy plants.”

From where I am sitting this very moment, there are no dark bands of pollution from a coal fired power plant -- one of the very ones shes talking about. 

By the way, "land grabs" is a buzz word for reich-wing conservatives going back to the Sage Brush Rebellion mentality. 

Bobo's new district is not dominated by oil and gas that I'm aware of, but she's certainly sucking up to the industry for donations. 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 7

• 3 weeks later...

Bobo is a dodo, part 666

image.png.846e8cfecd856261158beddbf2f88421.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 8

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Bobo is a dodo, part 666

image.png.846e8cfecd856261158beddbf2f88421.png

Oh Lauren, bless your heart.

But then you probably also think that Melania Trump deserved to come here on an Einstein visa.

I also sense a little bit of racism, since Kamala did her undergrad at Howard University. 

(For those of you and other countries Howard University is a HBCU (historically black colleges and universities). Howard, along with Morehouse and Spellman is one of the most well known HBCUs and one of the most prestigious.)

• Upvote 10

image.png.8dc61973a78110f8a98216c405a579bb.png

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

This outfit is ... a choice.

image.png.3d32563c45fdf54a3dc4a8ff7adff523.png

• Eyeroll 7

On 8/15/2024 at 12:22 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Bobo is a dodo, part 666

I see what you did there! :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I see what you did there! :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

I just couldn’t resist!

• Haha 3

My eyes hurt from rolling...

image.png.3ef0fe48555b8ef692142f6eb58a691f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

"Beetlejuice" Boebert debated  Dist. 4 opponent Trisha Calvarese yesterday (Sept. 3, 2024). 

Twitter made it sound like she flailed trying to explain voting against funding for veterans and other topics; this article sounds like she had the sound bites ready. 

Sadly, I don't think Calvarese stands a chance; Dist. 4 voters will ignore Bobo's track record and bad acts and reflexively vote against their own best interests (MAGA!) as long as a Republican says the things they want to hear. 

Lauren Boebert, Trisha Calvarese discuss economy, veterans' issues during first debate in CD-4

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

She was stupid and annoying all the way back in 2018.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1