IGNORED

Lori Alexander 84: Stay Away from the Pool

11 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I haven't been here in awhile because Lori makes my blood boil and she absolutely says nothing new. 

Scrolling through IG this am and imagine my suprise when Lori's face pops up on my for you. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_oo802qqN5/?igsh=MTY0ajRpa3hqODNubQ==

Now I know why because I follow him.😂 Proud ro be a feral woman! 

I just followed him. I watched one reel where he talked about a daughter who “rage cleans”.  BINGO. He just described OneKid.
 When she is in a bad mood she’ll scrub, polish, and shine the kitchen until it sparkles (With banging, shouting at the air and mumbling)

I often think I should piss her off every time she comes back home from campus.  

• Haha 11

20 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I often think I should piss her off every time she comes back home from campus.  

And then send her to my house! 

She doesn’t rage cook too by any chance?

• Haha 11

One of Lori's recent posts is about raising her children:

Screenshot(19386).png.9ba1c223beb92d4ae3ab0dbc1be8d8ea.png

I have to say that I raised three children and I don't recall ever sitting around and thinking that my greatest desire would be that they would walk in Truth.  What does that even mean?  I guess Lori thinks they choose the cult beliefs every time and never do anything naughty or question her authority.  What a stifled bunch of individuals.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

...... that they would grow up to walk in Truth......

Exactly whose Truth were they supposed to walk in?  Ken's truth? Biblical truth? Jesus's truth or Paul's? Old Testament truth? New Testament truth?

Or could it be ....... Lori's truth?  Lori's twisted reading of 5 Bible verses to support her extremely twisted version of what Lori God commands?

Yeah ... I think it's Lori's "truth".

• Upvote 8

I cannot diagnose because I don’t work in the medical field, but the difference between Lori in the 90s (thanks for the photo, @Xan) and Lori now doesn’t seem to only be due to natural aging. There must be psychological issues at play (as we have suspected here since a while) but the way she deteriorated isn’t normal. She doesn’t look like a healthy older woman today, though she was very attractive in the past. Maybe it’s the lack of self-care she displays now or the unhappiness that becomes visible nowadays. But Lori would have greatly benefited from medical intervention many years ago. She is a deeply bitter and resentful woman and it’s damaging for her and likely also her family. 

• I Agree 9

19 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Exactly whose Truth were they supposed to walk in?  Ken's truth? Biblical truth? Jesus's truth or Paul's? Old Testament truth? New Testament truth?

Or could it be ....... Lori's truth?  Lori's twisted reading of 5 Bible verses to support her extremely twisted version of what Lori God commands?

Yeah ... I think it's Lori's "truth".

Ruby and Jodi talked about walking in truth and look how well that turned out.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Hemant Mehta has a new video about Lori. He gives some background for anyone who isn't caught up on Lori, then on to why she is angry at him, starting at about 17 minutes in.

She was pissed that he showed edited bits of a video in which she did her routine about not being attracted to Ken. Hoisted by her own petard, and unwilling to admit it. What else is new?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Thanks, @thoughtful, I never saw this YouTuber before. I really enjoyed this.   

The part where Lori told a writer that her predator father should have been allowed to visit the kids under the supervision of the mother or other adult so they could have a relationship with him , that was directly from Michael Pearl’s “teachings”.

• I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Thanks, @thoughtful, I never saw this YouTuber before. I really enjoyed this.   

I like Mehta (aka The Friendly Atheist), among other reasons, because he will cover stories that nobody else seems to be covering, about people trying to shove religion into government at local levels.

Going back to the sunscreen/suntan lotion discussion - my Mom and aunts used Bain de Soleil, which had a smell so distinctive that I can easily mind-smell it 60 years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_de_Soleil

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

oing back to the sunscreen/suntan lotion discussion - my Mom and aunts used Bain de Soleil, which had a smell so distinctive that I can easily mind-smell it 60 years later.

i remember that. I think it was a little more expensive than the regular brands. I remember buying it just once and feeling so extravagant!

• Upvote 2

My MIL used it exclusively - but only for herself.  The kids had Coppertone.  :mouse-shock:  I think MIL was the first person I heard someone call a narcissist.  :shocked: