IGNORED

RIP Shelley Duvall

47of74

RIP Shelley Duvall.

Shelley Duvall, best known for her roles in “The Shining” and several acclaimed Robert Altman films, has died, according to reports, citing a family spokesperson and her longtime partner.

Duvall died in her sleep at their home in Blanco, Texas of complications of diabetes, Dan Gilroy, her life partner of more than 30 years, told The Hollywood Reporter.

“My dear, sweet, wonderful life partner and friend left us,” Gilroy said. “Too much suffering lately, now she’s free. Fly away, beautiful Shelley.”

Known for her thin physique, large expressive eyes and powerful performances, Duvall was a standout playing opposite Jack Nicholson in the iconic 1980 horror film “The Shining” and Robin Williams in the comedy “Popeye” that same year.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

• 47of74 changed the title to RIP Shelley Duvall

Faerie Tale Theater is a core childhood memory for me. And the live action Popeye movie.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I was watching something about conspiracy theories about The Shining when the news of her death came up on my phone. Which seemed oddly Stephen King like - especially since I do not think it was anywhere near her favorite movie to film. I hate this - more and more of the actors I grew up with are dying. I mean, time marches on and all, but damn.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2