IGNORED

Trump 67: Why Does He Never Suffer Any Significant Consequences?

GreyhoundFan

(Rhetorical question) How in the world is it even a possibility that this ************** (insert word of your choice) could be returned to the White House?

You know the questions that "they" ask you when you encounter medical or law enforcement personnel, for them to get a sense of whether you are in your "right mind"? Those answers are fully on display with him, yet he's still in contention.

I don't get it. I really don't.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t get it. He presents as a total buffoon; has the temperament and intellect of a below average 3rd grader. He’s an old, out of shape, gas bag- Smart and strong are nowhere on his radar.

He is a con man who uses thug tactics. 

He gets away with it all, somehow. I think that is one of the main things, with him. He lives a wealthy life, never has to do any work, has a former model wife, and gets basically whatever he wants - and never seems to have any consequences for anything he does. I think a lot of his fanbase are people who consider him the pinnacle of success, and if he's more successful than them, then he MUST be smarter than them, right? And they consider themselves intelligent, so they have to believe he is more intelligent than - or at least AS intelligent as - they are. 

Because otherwise it means this dumb as rocks buffoon has more "success" than they do, and that's not fair.

Also these are many of the same people who fully believe that without religion guiding people on how to act, everyone on earth would be out raping and stealing and killing all the time. Implying that the only reason they don't do those things is because they'll be punished for it by God. They have no sense of decency of their own, some of them don't at least, and if they could get away with the crap Trump has they would have. 

They think he's "smart" for cheating people and making money off the presidency and taking money from foreign interests. Because they'd do the same thing. They have no problem with Trump putting himself first, because they'd do the same thing.

Yet simultaneously they've managed to convince themselves, despite Trump telling them to their faces he doesn't care about them, that he has their best interests in mind and wants the best for them. Despite all evidence to the contrary.

I think a lot of them vote for Trump because they want to be Trump. Powerful, rich, gets away with anything, lives a life of luxury... that's them - they're just inconvenienced. Temporarily. Just for now. If he gets back in power, they'll get their share. One day their ship will come in. If they were rich they wouldn't want to have to pay their fair share to help others...

12 minutes ago, apple1 said:

(Rhetorical question) How in the world is it even a possibility that this ************** (insert word of your choice) could be returned to the White House?

You know the questions that "they" ask you when you encounter medical or law enforcement personnel, for them to get a sense of whether you are in your "right mind"? Those answers are fully on display with him, yet he's still in contention.

He's clearly delulu and psychotic and has shown signs of dementia for years and years. I think for the base it's seeing what they want to see.

I think for the powerful - including Putin and his buddies, and probably others - he's useful. A bit of a wild card, but too lazy and stupid to do much of note, and entirely vulnerable to praise and money. He splits the sensible Republicans from the nuts, keeps everyone on edge and angry, prevents the Ds from getting much done that they'd prefer, and since he lives in opposite world where lies are truth, he's made his followers very easy to fool. He'll do whatever you want if you stroke his ego and slip him some money, his followers will believe whatever he says, the rest of the Republicans are stuck between agreeing with him and being made pariahs, and the right wing media will lap it up and enforce it.

I keep hoping Putin will decide he's no longer useful, really.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Uh-oh, the BTs are going to have a hissy fit:

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

I don't know which is weirder: the obsession with Hannibal Lecter or sharks?

Oh, for fuck's sake:

• Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

He couldn't be nice to save his life:

• Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 3

yet again I was like - I have to watch this clip because surely he's not suggesting that nascar drivers should run the military. There's some parallel he's drawing or analogy?

Nope. for those of you like me who don't want to watch him talk. He literally said if these nascar racers can win so many races then they should advise the military.

"let me use these guys to guide our military"

WTF.

I think our military is out of control, way to powerful, way too secretive - and too much of our budget and societal resources go to the military....

but...I also really don't think that guys who drive cars fast in a circle have any particular skill set to "guide" the military.

I don't understand why every military aligned person - be it veterans, current military, or military families - aren't deeply concerned about him for comments like this but also the lawlessness but also the attacking the attacking the capital part...the dictator for a day part....the flag disrespecting.

I think Americans are weirdly hung up about our flag but I don't care that much about it. I used to work with a bunch of military guys and they had a religious reverence about the flag. Somebody I follow on instagram - her husband retired from the military. They got him a cake with flag icing covering the top and he couldn't cut into it.  How are all these guys not appalled at how trump monetizes flag stuff? I just don't get it. I cannot understand and I'm trying. Even if you're that racist (which is my working theory) - at some point, surely - you would say to yourself: Well ya know....I'm not into these liberals and women and minorities getting power.....but this guy is making a mockery of everything else I hold dear. 

How do people not see that you're trading one thing for another. You're not getting both.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He couldn't be nice to save his life:

So much word salad! How anyone could think that this man is fit to run a country is beyond me.

• I Agree 7

52 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

yet again I was like - I have to watch this clip because surely he's not suggesting that nascar drivers should run the military. There's some parallel he's drawing or analogy?

Nope. for those of you like me who don't want to watch him talk. He literally said if these nascar racers can win so many races then they should advise the military.

"let me use these guys to guide our military"

WTF.

I think our military is out of control, way to powerful, way too secretive - and too much of our budget and societal resources go to the military....

but...I also really don't think that guys who drive cars fast in a circle have any particular skill set to "guide" the military.

I don't understand why every military aligned person - be it veterans, current military, or military families - aren't deeply concerned about him for comments like this but also the lawlessness but also the attacking the attacking the capital part...the dictator for a day part....the flag disrespecting.

I think Americans are weirdly hung up about our flag but I don't care that much about it. I used to work with a bunch of military guys and they had a religious reverence about the flag. Somebody I follow on instagram - her husband retired from the military. They got him a cake with flag icing covering the top and he couldn't cut into it.  How are all these guys not appalled at how trump monetizes flag stuff? I just don't get it. I cannot understand and I'm trying. Even if you're that racist (which is my working theory) - at some point, surely - you would say to yourself: Well ya know....I'm not into these liberals and women and minorities getting power.....but this guy is making a mockery of everything else I hold dear. 

How do people not see that you're trading one thing for another. You're not getting both.

The NASCAR drivers? Not the team with the actual brains? The thrill seeking guys who have quick reactions and less self preservation impulses than most people? Well of course!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

The NASCAR drivers? Not the team with the actual brains? The thrill seeking guys who have quick reactions and less self preservation impulses than most people? Well of course!

of course!

and the football coaches too. 

I mean - do you *REALLY* need to know anything about international policy? history? differences in people and cultures within the united states and abroad as well?

In actuality, I guess not if all you answer to is rich people who back you and their profits. But it's a disturbing idea to the rest of us.

Why the rich people aren't more concerned about him destabilizing the world power balance is beyond me.  Cuz I really don't think a more powerful putin and china is going to benefit american capitalists. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

But they'd be able to drive rings around the enemy! 

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

Good grief, it’s like “the bright lights and bleach in the body to kill Covid” all over again. What disrespect and lack of concern for our military. I, for one, don’t want my family members in the military having to follow orders from someone with zero military knowledge or experience, even if they know how to win at NASCAR. He is nuts. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

His "reasoning" for saying he should hire Nascar drivers to run the military? Because "they win" so much.

Let me explain something about Nascar races. A Nascar cup race can have up to 40 cars/drivers. One of them is the winner when the race ends. 39 of them are losers of each race. That's a lot more losing than it is winning.

This analogy falls into what I was saying in my previous post. His mental status is not right.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

of course!

and the football coaches too. 

I mean - do you *REALLY* need to know anything about international policy? history? differences in people and cultures within the united states and abroad as well?

In actuality, I guess not if all you answer to is rich people who back you and their profits. But it's a disturbing idea to the rest of us.

Why the rich people aren't more concerned about him destabilizing the world power balance is beyond me.  Cuz I really don't think a more powerful putin and china is going to benefit american capitalists. 

All you have to do is look at Tuberville to see that being a football coach isn’t transferable to politics 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

He is selling autographed photo books (the fist pump photo) signed $499, unsigned $99. I am not surprised. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He is selling autographed phot books (the fist pump phot) signed $499, unsigned $99. I am not surprised. 

How appropriate that they are photo books, since a large swath of his supporters seem to be functionally illiterate.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I’m guessing his handlers said something like, “The people in the audience out there  love them some NASCAR and football.  Maybe see if you can mention both of those.” , and that’s what he came up with.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

On 7/23/2024 at 8:27 AM, Alisamer said:

And I think some of them are literally so stupid that they think Trump is smart, and assume they don't understand his word salad because he's so much smarter than them.

I've met people (even in my own family) who firmly believe this. They're convinced because of his arrogance. They see it as him being so smart, not just him being an asshole. 
eta they take his arrogance and bragging as appropriate confidence. It's baffling!

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

I’ve read there are people who actually believe he sends messages to his followers through his social media posts. 
The way he capitalizes some letters in words is supposedly a secret message. 
Scary what delusional people there are out there. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I’ve read there are people who actually believe he sends messages to his followers through his social media posts. 
The way he capitalizes some letters in words is supposedly a secret message. 
Scary what delusional people there are out there. 

The first time I saw a YouTube video on it I thought it was a parody. Idr what made me realize he was serious. I was blown away. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 7/24/2024 at 10:06 AM, apple1 said:

As I've mentioned before, I'm glad I was not asked who the President was following my surgeries during fuck face's term.  Because I had a number of colorful metaphors at the ready if they asked me who the President was.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

LOL, the orange snowflake is refusing to debate. No big surprise.

image.png.b8aacd6367e4a487dd4e5c5ca9a9eca4.png

• Eyeroll 11
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

So much for the nicer, gentler TFG:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Aw, poor thin-skinned baby...

• Upvote 7

Let the ketchup fly!

image.png.8dc59c9dc668aeff221cbb1fac15ef29.png

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

LOL, the orange snowflake is refusing to debate. No big surprise.

image.png.b8aacd6367e4a487dd4e5c5ca9a9eca4.png

Well, both Obamas just endorsed Harris on social media, so eat dung, Trump campaign, and stop it with the racist middle-name-dropping. 🖕

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic