IGNORED

Richard Simmons Has Passed Away

47of74

RIP Richard Simmons

Richard Simmons, the fitness guru who devoted his life to making people sweat with his "Sweatin' to the Oldies" workout videos, has died early Saturday morning, his representative confirmed to CBS News. He was 76. 

Simmons died a day after his birthday. He had posted a message on his social media accounts on Friday writing "Thank you…I never got so many messages about my birthday in my life! I am sitting here writing emails." On Saturday fans posted message after message saying they will miss him and thanking him for his positivity and encouragement. 

At 9:57 a.m. Saturday, the Los Angeles Police Department responded to a radio call of a death investigation in the Hollywood Hills West neighborhood, the LAPD told CBS News. Authorities said the fire department joined police on the 1300 block of Belfast Drive, where Simmons' house is located.

In his shimmering tank tops and short shorts, Simmons was always full of energy and smiling. His aerobic videos in the 1980s and '90s transformed the home into a gym, teaching the world to get in shape.

• Thank You 2

The episode of "Whose Line is it anyway"the he is on is beyond hysterical.  I have watched it numerous times and it always makes me laugh. 

Edited by TN-peach
to add some words