IGNORED

JD Vance: TFG's VP Candidate

GreyhoundFan

He is definitely dumb enough for TFG...

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 2

I deeply truly wish I could stop reading this stuff. Things are bad at work. My favorite youtube cat died. My favorite youtube dog isn't doing well. there's no good comfortable snark......just a scary, sad world right now. This guy seems so extra horrible. how can that even be? how does it keep getting worse with each new development? 

• Love 9

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I deeply truly wish I could stop reading this stuff. Things are bad at work. My favorite youtube cat died. My favorite youtube dog isn't doing well. there's no good comfortable snark......just a scary, sad world right now. This guy seems so extra horrible. how can that even be? how does it keep getting worse with each new development? 

I hear ya. Things aren’t so great here. When I just can’t take it anymore, I rebel in my favorite trashy TV shows. I’ll make a couple of suggestions that make me laugh. 90 Day Fiancé: Before The 90 Days season four. The whole season is a train wreck. My favorite moment, when disgusting Ed is forced to shower in an outdoor shower with his prospective father-in-law and freaks out at the diseased rat that wanders through. 

My other guilty pleasure is Bridezillas. Those women are crazy. The first few seasons, there were some almost normal women, but the crazy gets ramped up around season five. Peak insanity was in season nine, with Jeanine, whose husband ends up tossing his wedding ring on the table at the reception and walking out. Not to be outdone, Jeanine storms to a nearby bus stop in her wedding dress to check bus schedules. 

over the top drama makes me laugh and takes my mind off the dystopia we now have. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

The dog dad posted today that he had to put the doggo to sleep (widespread tumors). I'm totally wrecked. fuck these republicans for making the world a worse place. 

• Sad 11

JD Vance and wife scare the crap out of me.  They come across as 100% palatable.  Vance is all, "I was raised poor and understand the working class. I'll work for you!" which is just bullshit.  He has stated that women should stay home with the kid(s), but his wife clerked for Brett Kavanaugh. Interestingly, the wife was a registered Democrat until last year. People are likely thinking, yeah, Trump is in decline, he's a ramling nut case and he could die soon,  but here's this guy who will carry forth the agenda and he can string together a coherent sentence and he's YOUNG.  He'll bring Republicans who defected from Trump back into the fold.  

I don't know what he's been up to in Ohio, but presumably nothing good.  

Meanwhile, Biden has Covid at the worst possible moment, and there are even more calls for him to step down, people whose voices I respect!  I don't know why, but I don't think Kamala Harris is electable.  Her voice and presentation drive me nuts; we need an absolute firebrand at this point. Don't know who Dems have in mind for VP if Biden resigns. 

Hubs is a huge Gavin Newsome fan.

Anyway, I'm going to try to step away from following politics on a daily basis. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

23 minutes ago, Howl said:

JD Vance and wife scare the crap out of me.  They come across as 100% palatable.  Vance is all, "I was raised poor and understand the working class. I'll work for you!" which is just bullshit.  He has stated that women should stay home with the kid(s), but his wife clerked for Brett Kavanaugh. Interestingly, the wife was a registered Democrat until last year. People are likely thinking, yeah, Trump is in decline, he's a ramling nut case and he could die soon,  but here's this guy who will carry forth the agenda and he can string together a coherent sentence and he's YOUNG.  He'll bring Republicans who defected from Trump back into the fold.  

Meanwhile, Biden has Covid at the worst possible moment, and there are even more calls for him to step down, people whose voices I respect!  I don't know why, but I don't think Kamala Harris is electable.  Her voice and presentation drive me nuts; we need an absolute firebrand at this point. Don't know who Dems have in mind for VP if Biden resigns. 

Agree about Vance. He is a shit but he is a presentable shit. And trump could drop at any minute. Vance could be around for a long time. Ugh. 

My husband says the same thing about Harris, that people don't like her. 

I try to stay away from as much of politics as possible. I'm so tired of it. As a friend of an author I follow on FB said that he misses the days when you didn't really care that much about politics and found it boring. so the person you liked didn't get elected, "eh" life goes on and you just move forward. Not this time. 

• Upvote 7

I am seeing people starting to throw the name of Mark Kelly around for a replacement if President Biden decides not to run kind of last minute. He is a former astronaut and has been a senator from Arizona since 2020. I don't feel that he has enough experience, but he is married to Gabby Gifford, the congresswoman who was shot like around 2008,-2009-2010ish.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Howl said:

JD Vance and wife scare the crap out of me.

Same here. I don't recall who the three rumored VP candidates were. I read a little about Vance and was convinced he would be it. He was the most extreme of the three by a long shot. His age alone will attract people. Imo Trump brought in voters he wouldn't have otherwise. It will be people who adore what Vance represents, even if they hate Trump. 

• Upvote 4

Add me to the list of people that Vance terrifies. I agree with what everyone has posted above, that he's young and extreme.

To me the role of vice president is kind of like the role of a mother-in-law- keep your mouth shut and wear beige. It's good to have a good relationship with the president and have the president bounce ideas off of them but I feel and fear that Vance is going to take a much more visible and more vocal view of the vice presidency.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

To me the role of vice president is kind of like the role of a mother-in-law- keep your mouth shut and wear beige. It's good to have a good relationship with the president and have the president bounce ideas off of them but I feel and fear that Vance is going to take a much more visible and more vocal view of the vice presidency.

Absolutely. And in this case his next move will be president, whether because it's 2028 or because Trump died in office. I can only imagine how many anti- (or even never-) Trumpers are now going to vote for him because he chose Vance. They'll turn their nose up at as they vote but they'll do it because of the potential future Vance has. And that scares me more than Trump. And he'll be Trump's yes man until Trump dies.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I live about 20 miles south of Middletown, OH. I guess my community would be considered somewhat of a suburb of Cincinnati. I have an adult daughter who lives in Middletown, where she found an affordable apartment.

Without a doubt, Middletown has its share of problems. That said, Vance hasn't done a single positive thing for Middletown or its residents. He used Middletown for stereotypes to earn himself money, fame, and opportunities.

I can't think of one good thing - my opinion - to say about him. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

My husband has said the same thing about Kamala Harris.  He will vote for her, of course, but absolutely can't stand her voice.  I just now told him someone else just concurred with his opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

JD Vance also did a 180 on Trump.  At one point he referred to Trump as "cultural heroin".  Now he's into (as Rick Wilson would say) the performative ball washing stage.  

• Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

JD Vance also did a 180 on Trump.  At one point he referred to Trump as "cultural heroin".  Now he's into (as Rick Wilson would say) the performative ball washing stage.  

JD Vance is a survivor and he's only in this for himself. I have read Hillbilly Elegy, and if his facts are accurate it really was a rough upbringing. I've seen kids come out of that who are absolute survivors, who will do and say anything to give themselves a better life. His views might be his own on abortion, but I think he will appear to believe anything that Peter Thiel and Donald Trump and others from the Heritage Foundation tell him to believe.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Same here. I don't recall who the three rumored VP candidates were. I read a little about Vance and was convinced he would be it. He was the most extreme of the three by a long shot. His age alone will attract people. Imo Trump brought in voters he wouldn't have otherwise. It will be people who adore what Vance represents, even if they hate Trump. 

Marco Rubio and Doug Burgum. Marco wasn't going to happen because either he or TFG would have to formally move out of FL. Burgum is the governor of ND, but I don't think he's enough of a firebrand for the MAGA set.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

He's disgusting.

image.png.605586f9d8279fc94c16de28c497ae82.png

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 6

More from the disgusting Vance:

• WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

this guy is so gross. I have nothing to add to that.

I'm (pleasantly?) surprised to hear the same thing about k.harris. There's something about not exactly her voice but her speaking mannerisms that just rubs me the wrong way every time I hear it/watch her. I have to read her comments.

• I Agree 3

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More from the disgusting Vance:

So much for dialing it down after Saturday. 

Vance is absolutely terrifying.

• I Agree 8

16 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So much for dialing it down after Saturday. 

Vance is absolutely terrifying.

I think they gave it the good old college try for about five minutes, and then Ron Johnson went off the “wrong” script (accidentally on purpose?), and they all decided “Oh well! May as well chuck it!” 

I don’t think they would’ve been able to keep the crazy in check for long anyway. 

• I Agree 5

It's fake infrastructure?

• WTF 6

I guess they're only legitimate when they side with his orange lord and master.

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 4

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It's fake infrastructure?

The infrastructure bill is fake news unless Trump becomes president. Then it's the greatest thing Trump has ever done.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I guess they're only legitimate when they side with his orange lord and master.

Republicans don't believe in sexual defamation or assault. It's always the woman fault and the woman's problem.

• Upvote 9

Vance lies as easily as TFG.

• Upvote 5

He seems to be establishing a reputation as a boring, uninspiring, awkward speaker - keep it up, JD!

J.D. Vance’s weird, anti-woke punchline fell flat at his own sleepy speaking event on Monday.

Vance held a rally at his former high school in Middletown, Ohio, where hundreds gathered to hear the missives of Donald Trump’s newly-minted vice presidential candidate. But, even as a hometown hero, the Ohio senator suffered some brutally awkward moments.

“It is the weirdest thing to me: Democrats say that it is racist to believe—well, they say it’s racist to do anything,” said Vance. “I had a diet Mountain Dew yesterday, and one today. I’m sure they’re probably gonna call that racist, too.” Around the room there were some scattered laughs.

“It’s good,” he said after a beat, drawing more polite laughter from the rally attendees. Vance let out his own breathy laugh at his comment, slapping the podium in front of him. “I love you guys,” he said, smiling and laughing.

https://newrepublic.com/post/184127/jd-vance-weird-low-energy-speech-diet-mountain-dew

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4