IGNORED

Artemis (Cynthia Jeub) 4: Plotting The Grift for the New Location

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Art lists manual labour and call centres. And that's it. Not any jobs they could look at involving writing, from editing to writing student essays for money (yes it's dodgy but people do it).

I know they've mentioned freelance writing and editing a fair amount in the past. Last I remember it was in the context of struggling with deadlines due to untreated/unmedicated ADHD and PTSD. No idea if they've kept it up. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Willowfer said:

I know they've mentioned freelance writing and editing a fair amount in the past. Last I remember it was in the context of struggling with deadlines due to untreated/unmedicated ADHD and PTSD. No idea if they've kept it up. 

That would be a no, I assume, because once they find a problem with something that automatically means they never have to do it again. Problem solving is for capitalists, I guess.

• Upvote 13

12 hours ago, MargieB said:

I worked in state government and we had disabled people working for us.  They wanted to work.  There is no reason why Artemis could not do office work.  They are literate and know how to use a computer.  Artemis could do transcribing work from home.  The fact is, Artemis just does not want to work.  

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. 

It's absolutely ridiculous. And they keep using this "capitalists make money off the poor man's back" argument, as if them being "disabled" wouldn't be reason enough not to be able to work. So which one is it? 

Most of the people sending them money is being "exploited" by the evil capitalist. Most of us are. But until there is some wild revolution and the system completely changes, this is the way it is. I have bills to pay, a mortgage to pay, and I'd like to enjoy a few things and invest money for retirement. So I wake up each morning, deal with five hungry cats, and get on my computer and work five days a week. 

How's that "not being exploited" working out for you these days, ArtStar? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

At this point wealthy capitalists aren’t the only ones making money off of the poor man’s back. Art and their partner are too.  In fact, on a scale of exploitative capitalist to exploited working people they are definitely closer to the exploitative capitalist than the working person. I mean, they spend all their time exploiting the working person for their personal gain. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

On 7/27/2024 at 12:59 PM, Willowfer said:

Are they not able to take meds for the ADHD? I wonder if they could access low cost therapy for the PTSD. I know when I was finishing my Masters, I saw clients free and very low cost ($20/hour). The money went into the clinic as I couldn’t be paid. If they were to see a student therapist biweekly, they could get 12 free sessions so 24 weeks. Then see a new student and get another free 12 sessions. As long as they sign a release, the therapists can talk and they could continue working towards their goals. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

they could get 12 free sessions so 24 weeks. Then see a new student and get another free 12 sessions. As long as they sign a release, the therapists can talk and they could continue working towards their goals. 

Thank you for explaining this. I love having new information to file away in my mental Rolodex .  

• Upvote 6

Yes, they used to do freelance writing then stopped citing inability to meet deadlines/handle the external stress.

This is something a good therapist should be helping them work through. It sounds like they have had access to free/low cost therapy. Speaking from experience ADHD medication (if appropriate) can be a game changer.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I have ADHD and my brain can't deal with adhd medication. It took some time but I eventually found a career that fits unmedicated me quite well. There are lots of things they could be doing even without meds. They're not willing to take responsibility for their life and have the humility to do what it takes to get there. Some days are a struggle for me. And I'd love it if a medication worked! But they don't and sometimes it sucks. But I still have responsibilities and bills to pay. 

I don't want this to be a "if I can you should be able to too" post even though I know this sounds like it. It's more like, I know too many people who are legitimately incapable of working and yet are still productive members of society - even if their contributions don't fit into the capitalist system. But it seems like Art isn't even willing to do that. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

Being a full time employed person with a disabling condition, work at several places saw fit to make me the disability coordinator to fill my "spare "time.  I have years of experience in helping disabled people match their talents to a job and also finding reasonable accommodations.  I do recognize a type in these two.  Being able to adjust and overcome are not talents they are even vaguely interested in acquiring.   

Funny story of my first adventure in that area.  Boss is told he has to hire at least one disabled person.  I tell him he already has.  Upper management says hire one more.  Boss tells me before you I would have said there is nothing here a disabled person can do.  I said find a blind candidate, they can answer the silly questions we get on the phone as well as the rest of us can and they can transfer the valid ones.  Silly/useless questions were probably half of our phone calls.  He did and we made a list of the top 20 questions and useful answers.  Productivity for the office went up.  His wife ended up as our first daycare provider and I drove him to and from the office until we moved.  Amazing how things work out sometimes.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 14

Years ago (like at the beginning of my career) I was working with a little girl with unmedicated ADHD. We all knew it wasn’t her fault but she could not follow instructions for the life of her, was mean, defied everyone and had weird fears pop up that incapacitated her. In April, her mom finally decided to medicate but didn’t tell us. At lunch time, another little girl was crying because she forgot her spoon for her yoghurt and kid A pops up and says “I’m almost done my soup; can I wash my spoon when I am done so - can use it?”. I about fell over. She then gave the girl a hug. Her teacher was trying to figure out what happened between Friday and Monday as well as kiddo was on task, compliant and inviting other kids to play. The right meds made all the difference in the world. Three years later, mom tried taking her to see if she had outgrown ADHD. It was a disaster! Meds don’t work for everyone but I’m curious as to how Art might function on the right meds. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 14

I really wish Artemis read here and took some of these tips. The downward spiral of the last 4 years has been painful to watch.

Grifting and hiding a full-blown vacation is escalatory behavior for them. Makes me wonder what's next. They are definitely going to be "moving" again. It's their tried and true method of generating income. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

On 7/30/2024 at 3:59 PM, Giraffe said:

I have ADHD and my brain can't deal with adhd medication. It took some time but I eventually found a career that fits unmedicated me quite well. There are lots of things they could be doing even without meds. They're not willing to take responsibility for their life and have the humility to do what it takes to get there. Some days are a struggle for me. And I'd love it if a medication worked! But they don't and sometimes it sucks. But I still have responsibilities and bills to pay. 

I don't want this to be a "if I can you should be able to too" post even though I know this sounds like it. It's more like, I know too many people who are legitimately incapable of working and yet are still productive members of society - even if their contributions don't fit into the capitalist system. But it seems like Art isn't even willing to do that. 

I was diagnosed last year a few weeks shy of my 40th birthday and take medication since then. The meds work good enough for me to continue taking them, but it is not the lifechanging feeling some others have described. But more important, I had to function for 39 years without a diagnosis and without meds. It was hard, but I did it. For the same reasons you did, because I have responsibilities and bills to pay. And I'm way to independend and hate relying on others. And my childhood and upbringing also wasn't a bed of roses.

And another example is a coworker of mine. I work at a pharmacy and since last year we have an autistic female to male transperson working there, we are both pharmacy technicians. They work the same weekly hours as I do, but in a different department. I work in the public department, facing costumers, taking care of the stock, dealing with health insurances and such. My stuff involves a lot of talking, telephone, on some days really stressfull and fast pacing. I like my work on most days and the fast changing nature suits my ADHD. They work in the blistering department, which is preparing and packing meds by dosages taken, usually for the week ahead. Very repetetive and with a constant concentration needed. I would go crazy with that task doing it day in, day out. But they love that job and they do a good job there. They are allowed to wear noise cancelling headphones and that works well. And we know them now good enough that we can act if they get overwhelmed and needs to step out for some time.

So long story short, just because you have things that cripple you and you can't run to reach what you want, it doesn't mean that you can't reach it by walking at the pace you can.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 14

23 hours ago, formerhsfundie said:

I really wish Artemis read here and took some of these tips. The downward spiral of the last 4 years has been painful to watch

It does seem like Artemis has been on a downward spiral since they met Ryan.  Before then, their blogs talked about working and were cautiously optimistic. Now all they do is whine about their pain and how hard it is to be broke while they grift for a living.  I do not recall Art being in constant severe pain before they hooked up with Ryan.  I do not think this is a healthy relationship.

Edited by MargieB
  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 5

On 7/30/2024 at 12:08 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Being a full time employed person with a disabling condition, work at several places saw fit to make me the disability coordinator to fill my "spare "time.  I have years of experience in helping disabled people match their talents to a job and also finding reasonable accommodations.  I do recognize a type in these two.  Being able to adjust and overcome are not talents they are even vaguely interested in acquiring.   

Funny story of my first adventure in that area.  Boss is told he has to hire at least one disabled person.  I tell him he already has.  Upper management says hire one more.  Boss tells me before you I would have said there is nothing here a disabled person can do.  I said find a blind candidate, they can answer the silly questions we get on the phone as well as the rest of us can and they can transfer the valid ones.  Silly/useless questions were probably half of our phone calls.  He did and we made a list of the top 20 questions and useful answers.  Productivity for the office went up.  His wife ended up as our first daycare provider and I drove him to and from the office until we moved.  Amazing how things work out sometimes.

Maybe you should hire these two!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

They probably wouldn't last the first day.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

They probably wouldn't last the first day.

Would they even show up? Excuse being they didn’t get enough donations to their travel fund to pay for Uber. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

Fundraiser's closed. They've addressed the splitting flights, but not really said what they did in between the two flights, or how long the gap was. Have they said where they are now yet?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240803_080905_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1cda0e83885c72d3d81a141dbd7b1a5f.jpg

I had no idea that it was disability that caused you to downsize and pack things into boxes to move. /s

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Fundraiser's closed. They've addressed the splitting flights, but not really said what they did in between the two flights, or how long the gap was. Have they said where they are now yet?

Hide contents

Screenshot_20240803_080905_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1cda0e83885c72d3d81a141dbd7b1a5f.jpg

I had no idea that it was disability that caused you to downsize and pack things into boxes to move. /s

"Needs as disabled people" sure does a lot of heavy lifting in Art's life. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Me either and I've had the same health issues for every move we've made.  Isn't that just what moving entails?  Clearing out, paring down, and packing with the ultimate unpacking?  What do other people do?  I still think their excuses for splitting the trip are really thin and nonsensical since they were flying.  Driving, I could have bought it if they were doing the driving.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Maybe Art could express their undying,  overwhelming gratitude by NOT GRIFTING ANYMORE.  Yeah, right.  I do not see why they are calling this a "fresh start" when all they have done is move their grifting base to a new locale.

I do not buy the reason for splitting the flight.  A domestic flight does not take more than a few hours.  I do not think Artemis is as feeble as they apparently wants us to believe.   They are just trying to justify the vacation they took on their donors money but their excuse is really lame.  We are not all stupid, Artemis.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, MargieB said:

I do not buy the reason for splitting the flight.  A domestic flight does not take more than a few hours. 

It is way more convenient and less of a hassle to just switch planes, with bags checked through to your final destination, than getting off the plane in the middle of the trip with your cats, picking up all the bags from the baggage claim, getting transport from the airport to wherever you’re going carrying all your bags and the cats, unpacking what you need during these days fron your carefully packed bags, then packing everything again a couple days later, hauling it all back to the airport, being there early killing time with bags and cats, checking all the bags again and going through security with mobility aids and cats again…

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 18
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

It is way more convenient and less of a hassle to just switch planes, with bags checked through to your final destination, than getting off the plane in the middle of the trip with your cats, picking up all the bags from the baggage claim, getting transport from the airport to wherever you’re going carrying all your bags and the cats, unpacking what you need during these days fron your carefully packed bags, then packing everything again a couple days later, hauling it all back to the airport, being there early killing time with bags and cats, checking all the bags again and going through security with mobility aids and cats again…

Especially for the poor cats. I don't know whether the meds would last enough to keep them calm for the whole trip but omg they were likely barely recovered from the first trip when the second half started. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

"...it was overall smooth enough to manage..." BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T PAY FOR IT AND HAVE THAT STRESS! and how much shit did they have to have to go through, pack and ship, or get rid of? I cull thru with each move; yea, I still have plenty of shit lol but it's what you do. They almost sound like grifters and hoarders but I could be wrong. Yes, poor people deserve things (that phrase can go with "at least I have a husband" and "severely". I know, all caps lol I grew up poor, lower middle class. I had things but not a ton and we had to move a lot 

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Reveal hidden contents

They couldn't help themselves, their opening paragraph dangles the possibility that they'll need another fully-funded (as when isn't it) move in the near future. Or more likely a move that's actually pretty straightforward which they pretend requires $$$ donations. 

Not even unpacked and they're paving the way for their next major fundraiser.

• Upvote 13

What horrible tragedy will happen next? Will it be a inspiring tale of perseverance and creative thinking? Or will they just cry and look for a handout?

They've left the abusive household. They've couch surfed and pissed people off with their laziness in multiple states. They've alienated friends and family. They've dealt with toxic mold. They still haven't bothered to realize that most of us have had to work our way into jobs we can stand to do. Sitting around and hoping for change is futile. They don't even vote! Instead just complaining that the world isn't up to theor standards, why not spend that time to actually do something to improve their living conditions?

It's like they think they are going to write something like Maid or Educated, but instead of doing the work, they just repost other people's ideas on Facebook and wonder why no one has offered them a Netflix deal for the story of their life. 

• Upvote 20