IGNORED

Artemis (Cynthia Jeub) 4: Plotting The Grift for the New Location

Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is it possible to change surnames in US? It's impossible in my country. We have 2 surnames (one from mom, one from dad), it's possible to change its order, but not to "invent" a surname. I assumed that Stardust was only used in social networks, but legally they are still Jeub. But US is far more flexible in naming than Spain, so maybe Stardust is their legal surname now.

Artemis is a nice name IMO. Some ancient Greek names have no gender I know some men and women called Ares (who in mythology was a male). So probably Artemis is the same.

With rare exceptions, the US doesn't have naming laws. Yes, anything someone wants, no matter how stupid (looking at you, Elon) is acceptable. 

https://www.usbirthcertificates.com/articles/us-naming-laws-by-state

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, LongTimeLurkerOG said:

Health insurance (company, etc.) can change by area lived in... for Medicaid (the exPOS had it, and disability (ssdi)

I must be missing something.  That really wouldn't change their income, would it?  Medicaid is free to have if one is on SSI which is what I thought the partner was on.  Memory could have failed there.  Medicare is the same charge since it's federal although someone could change Medicare Advantage plans if applicable and there is a high income increase which is definitely not involved here.

9 hours ago, Giraffe said:

With rare exceptions, the US doesn't have naming laws. Yes, anything someone wants, no matter how stupid (looking at you, Elon) is acceptable. 

https://www.usbirthcertificates.com/articles/us-naming-laws-by-state

This might be a stupid question but why are accents, umlauts etc forbidden? I don’t understand why Chloé or Aïsha would be banned. Both of these are totally normal names where I live and I have taught several kids with these names. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

This might be a stupid question but why are accents, umlauts etc forbidden? I don’t understand why Chloé or Aïsha would be banned. Both of these are totally normal names where I live and I have taught several kids with these names. 

Honestly? Probably racism. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I must be missing something.  That really wouldn't change their income, would it?  Medicaid is free to have if one is on SSI which is what I thought the partner was on.  Memory could have failed there.  Medicare is the same charge since it's federal although someone could change Medicare Advantage plans if applicable and there is a high income increase which is definitely not involved here.

Could one of them be on Medicaid and not Medicare? Because Medicaid would be state run and then tied to different payment levels depending on state I believe.

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Could one of them be on Medicaid and not Medicare? Because Medicaid would be state run and then tied to different payment levels depending on state I believe.

Absolutely one could be on Medicaid and not Medicare.  It's the most likely scenario.  Medicaid has a federal basis in that the disability criteria and income and resource eligibility are standardized.  There is also a federal coverage schedule.  Some states may choose to expand Medicaid coverage.  Medicaid does not pay an income though.  That is SSI and states may supplement the federal amount if they choose.  It's possible they are receiving some in-kind support (rent discount, family providing meals or groceries are possible examples) that could reduce their monthly payment.  However, the expenses would also be reduced. It's also possible we are being spun a story similar to we need money to get new IDs when we get there.  They received the money and spent it on the "vacation" apparently.  Now they need ID money again. 

I'm feeling a bit jaundiced about grifters.  Yesterday due to an Amazon return, I drove through an area I usually avoid.  For years it has had professional beggars.  There's bound to be a word for that, but I can't find it.  They are dropped off in the morning and picked up in the afternoon.  I don't know how much of the day's collection they keep or if they are simply paid a straight salary.  Over the years the people in charge have changed who they put out at the intersections to better fit the changing demographics of the neighborhood and the societal appeal at the time.  They've moved on to a new group since I was last there.  Changing people or changing stories, it's all so similar.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I think Zach and Whit Bates have a Khloé.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think Zach and Whit Bates have a Khloé.

But was the accent allowed on her birth certificate?