IGNORED

JD and Brittany Lott- American Family Road Trip

PopRox

Yeah, like, I feel like being good friends with your mom/siblings is great, but best friends? Really?

I mean like my sisters and mom and I are friends, but chances are we'd never have gotten to know each other or became more than acquaintances if we hadn't been family. We're just different people. I'm glad we're friends and that I know them, but it's like school friends. At some point you take a look and wonder if you're friends because you are friends, or because you happened to be stuck together daily at school. Friends of proximity and friends of shared interests are both good, but the ones with shared interests tend to be closer I think.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

What’s funny is that my cousin is one of my best friends. My sister and my mom are not. Of course I love them but it’s a different relationship. I feel like similar age cousins that don’t live 1000 miles away are good candidates for relatives being best friends. Because they automatically get a huge part of you (family stuff) yet you don’t see them every day and live with them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

These same people just used "traumatized" to describe a sandwich being taken and now they want to use it for something serious?

Nah, they need to take their sponsored content and themselves off the internet. 

Fucking idiots. They think they are really doing something.

Screenshot_20240801_201036_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_201025_Instagram.jpg

• Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 1

No, dear, the statistics are NOT 1 in 3 children investigated. 

Their response to to take a BIG TRIP.   They could also mellow out on social media, and have some privacy, but nooooooooo. 

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

No, dear, the statistics are NOT 1 in 3 children investigated. 

Their response to to take a BIG TRIP.   They could also mellow out on social media, and have some privacy, but nooooooooo. 

Their response is get out of town and maybe leave the jurisdiction. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Their response is get out of town and maybe leave the jurisdiction. 

Their last known location was far from Florida, in North Dakota. They don't seem to stay in any location for more than a few days. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Apart from the absurdity of suing the internet, IF their case actually went anywhere I can't believe that the Lotts would enjoy the discovery phase. It would be filled with videos, statements, and affidavits describing what really goes on in & around their damn bus and how they treat those children. Also, imagine what would be revealed in the sub poena of records, from medical care to travel to JD's business activities. It's pretty much all fair game during discovery.

Nope. Ain't going to happen.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

The fact she's been posting Custer Park for so long raises red flags.

They are normally some place for a few days and move on and yet she's acting as if they are still there for so long. 

• Upvote 7

Did I miss something? Weren't they inconvenienced for less than 24 hours, with the only CPS demand being that their kids get checked by a medical professional? I'm sure it was unpleasant and stressful but the way they talk about it they were hounded by bounty hunters for months.

• Upvote 5

She makes it sound like snarkers physically followed them 

• Upvote 1

I think the no contacting outside reddit is that subs rule and not reddit.  Pretty sure it’s also volunteers who make the rules for the subreddit and it’s not like they can control what people do off reddit.  It’s still a small chance it was even people from reddit to begin with.  

It’s strange that the families I know who did have an open CPS case at one point were innocent thanked the CPS workers for doing their job and verifying their kids were okay.  The ones where people did questionable parenting got mad at CPS.   That’s not to say there are never cases where children are removed wrongly or CPS doesn’t handle a case correctly, it does happen.  Also not saying the one who complain aren’t wrongly reported, just it makes more sense that if as a child I knew it wasn’t the CPS workers fault and the laws didn’t need to change with case workers (except to pay them more, get more so they could go in pairs and get them therapists to talk to), an adult who posts questionable parenting choices should understand

I am traumatized by talking to the workers as a child, but it’s not the workers fault.  The same worker, I’m sure, did find children who were in abusive/neglectful homes because of reports.  CPS workers are underpaid and do not know what they are walking into.  

I remember the first time seeing a child be physically disciplined in public and someone with me saying if they do that in public how do they treat the kid in private.  That’s what I wonder with these influencers-if this is what they show, what don’t they show.

I hope in the Lotts case it’s that Boone is under physician care and receiving any diagnosis and treatment he needs as a baby.  

I really hope the case worker and the office are not getting any discipline (unless rightful) or harassment .

• Upvote 12

37 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I hope in the Lotts case it’s that Boone is under physician care and receiving any diagnosis and treatment he needs as a baby.  

I think this is not likely to be happening. I hope it is, but I suspect it's not. Just because I think if it was happening, they'd have shown it.

They know full well that the thing most discussed about them online is people concerned about Boone. Except for a single "doc says he's in perfect health" weeks and weeks ago, they've said nothing that I've seen. They documented their son getting glasses after they finally listened to people online suggesting he needed them, their whole schtick is family together as much as possible, and they post constantly. I think if they were getting Boone checked out they'd have showed it, just like they showed weighing him on the UPS scale and getting his passport. I think if he had a diagnosis they'd be marketing off of it and using it for content and engagement, just like they've used this CPS report.  (Unless of course they think they might get some blame for the diagnosis due to the circumstances of his birth, but I think they'd probably ignore that unless there were real consequences for them, somehow.)

I have a very hard time believing, after seeing just how many abused children are left with their parents even with CPS involvement and seeing just how overworked and stretched thin most CPS workers are, that there was ever any genuine threat of the kids being taken. Especially with them never in one place very long. Crossing state lines is where the ball gets constantly dropped for kids under CPS reports, and they are always traveling. The kids don't have adequate space, but they appear clean and fed, both parents are present, and she at least pretends to educate them. The only real concern likely to trigger CPS is any medical issues any of them might have that the parents may not notice. At worst I could see them having to speak to a social worker for a few minutes who then suggests they take the kids for regular medical checkups.

Rambling in the spoiler.

Spoiler

I feel like CPS is probably more concerned about the 3 kids living with mom and her boyfriend - both of whom are known substance abusers - in a roach and bedbug infested motel room, who are constantly missing school and when they do show up they are dirty, smelly, and have bruises from "falling off the bed. Again." I think the large number of kids in that situation likely take priority over the clearly well off eccentric traveling homeschooling family.

When I worked daycare we had a toddler with frequent bruises, and his infant brother cried constantly unless MAYBE he was in the swing and passed out from exhaustion. Brother always had "fallen off when jumping on the bed" or "fell into the coffee table" while baby's occasional bruises were "older brother hit him with a toy" or "older brother was running and fell on him" and we were suspicious and documented but didn't have enough to report yet per the director, as older brother WAS super active and always moving. Then dad one evening was heating baby's bottle and got it way way way too hot, didn't test it, and gave it to baby. Who naturally ended up in the emergency room. Where they found a broken femur and several other broken bones in various stages of healing. CPS contacted us and we shared what we knew and had been told, and the photos we had of a few bruises. The kids were put with family members for a few days, then returned to mom with the requirement dad had moved out and wasn't around them for a certain amount of time while taking parenting classes or something. Within 2 weeks we were calling in that mom had come to pick up the kids with dad sitting hunched down in the passenger seat. And naturally then the kids were pulled from daycare by mom so I have no updates. But I know that we told them we thought it wasn't JUST dad, yet the kids were returned to mom, and they made every effort to keep them with family.

I just doubt they have the resources or bandwidth to go across country to track down the Lotts, take the kids (requiring them to find space for that many kids of various ages) and investigate them because some rando on the internet doesn't like what they've seen in videos. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 4

FSU went private ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, justpassingthru said:

FSU went private ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I'm a member of this sub but I don't see it any more. I wonder if it will re open to subscribers?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I'm a member of this sub but I don't see it any more. I wonder if it will re open to subscribers?

They just sent a message to duggarssnark mods saying they are private for now and don't know when they'll reopen. They're working with Reddit admins

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

This is what I get:

FSU Gone Private.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I'd hate it if this closed the sub down but it would be nice if they could continue with a bit more humor and less obsessive hysteria.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

I'd hate it if this closed the sub down but it would be nice if they could continue with a bit more humor and less obsessive hysteria.

I agree, though I find it helps my mental health to avoid Reddit.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

There's a new sub started by a member, fundiesnarkfreespeech. Already has 1,500 members. The creator is waiting to see what happens to FSU before adding more mods and developing it more.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Like, what’s the end game for the Lotts? To make it so people can’t follow them, hate them, and then report them? Because the only option then is to decide not to shine a spotlight on yourself.

To have people suffer for reporting them? Or for hating them? Do they think they can bring down the entire internet?

To make it so people can’t report anonymously to CPS? That seems like an AWFUL precedent. To make it a crime to report people if you don’t have more than a hunch? Also an awful precedent.

To prove that they are infallible? They aren’t. None of us are.

To prove the CPS call was bogus? Going after Reddit doesn’t prove that. Raising well-rounded, emotionally stable kids would prove that.

Also, I never even looked at Boone until Britney posted the CPS story, and now I’m scrutinizing every video. It just seems like the natural choice to decide to live your adventure-filled dream life in private rather than asking strangers to love you unconditionally, constantly.

• Upvote 9

End game is controlling the narrative for them (and all fundies for that matter)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I think they lawyered up and sent a Big, Scary Legal Letter to Reddit, and Reddit gave the mods an ultimatum to either delete all Lott-related content and not allow any more in the future or have the subreddit (and probably some users) permabanned. The Lotts clearly have the financial resources to do it, and Reddit has folded before when snark subjects (and others) have threatened litigation. 

They’re probably lying about there being a criminal investigation. Law enforcement, in my experience, does not give a solid fuck about online harassment. One of my friends had a convicted murderer posting pictures of her house and family on Twitter and making oblique statements about “confronting her in person” and his parole officer, the regular police where he lives, and the police where she lives were basically like *shrug emoji* “call us if he actually shows up.” Even the people who harass politicians, celebrities, and other figures rarely face any kind of consequences for it. The cops probably just had them file a report so that they’d leave. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3

13 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I think they lawyered up and sent a Big, Scary Legal Letter to Reddit, and Reddit gave the mods an ultimatum to either delete all Lott-related content and not allow any more in the future or have the subreddit (and probably some users) permabanned. The Lotts clearly have the financial resources to do it, and Reddit has folded before when snark subjects (and others) have threatened litigation. 

Is there more than one fundie snark thread on Reddit or just that one?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Is there more than one fundie snark thread on Reddit or just that one?

There is several, but that one was the most popular. I am surprised actually that reddit would care about this or that litigation is even possible. You would think that if its that easy to stop a subreddit to talk about you that Harry and Megan for example with their much better lawyers could have shut down the one were there is crazy people claiming their kids dont exist.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The sub's back up and the Lotts do seem to be a forbidden topic now. Their flair has been removed and a fresh post about them I saw last night is now gone.

• Thank You 6