IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 14: It's An Insufferable People Contest!

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 2

My I suggest a thread title? Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 14 They think there marriage experts.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

My I suggest a thread title? Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 14 They think there marriage experts.

I totally agree, but I would say experts in everything. Because I swear they think they are experts on marriage, birth, essential oils, modesty, parenting, Christianity, MLMs, and traveling. 

• Upvote 3

This thread is an Insufferable People Contest. Those late teenagers knowing everything about life, those adults pontificating, the absolute lack of empathy they all show. I just can't!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I haven't heard marriage advice from someone married only 3 months recently. 

• Upvote 5

Allison: expert on femininity, modesty, mlm, homebirth, nourishment…

Liz: expert on young living and essential oils.

Haley and Carver: experts on marriage

Marlin Bont: expert on manliness and correct Christianity

Curtis bowers: expert on conspiracy theories, Marxism, communism, our government.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Curtis bowers: expert on conspiracy theories, Marxism, communism, our government.

You forgot how the Bontragers are experts on INSISTING THAT YOUR BEST FRIENDS ARE YOUR SIBLINGS. Meanwhile, Tim and Franicia are experts in not publicly acknowledging their oldest daughter married into one of these families.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison and then Liz experts on dating/ how to praise (borderline worship) your brothers simply because they have a penis. 

So many experts in the Bontrager and Bower families, yet none of them have done much in the way of higher education and research.  Higher education and/or research are typically things I find important when determining someone is an expert. Lived experience alone while relevant does not make an expert in most walks of life. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

Allison and then Liz experts on dating/ how to praise (borderline worship) your brothers simply because they have a penis. 

So many experts in the Bontrager and Bower families, yet none of them have done much in the way of higher education and research.  Higher education and/or research are typically things I find important when determining someone is an expert. Lived experience alone while relevant does not make an expert in most walks of life. 

I genuinely feel like I’m not even close to an expert on anything. And I don’t necessarily think it’s me having low self esteem. I just keep realizing how much I don’t know as each year passes. I definitely have opinions. I have so many opinions. But I’ve never had the urge to get on social media and tell everyone how to live their lives. The Bonts call it encouragement. But really it’s them telling others how they should live their lives. Because it’s the superior way. I just think humans and life are just too varied to go around telling huge swaths of people what’s best for them because it’s best for me. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

I'm judging Amy harder now 😂 that's not a peanut butter pie (looking at the background)

Screenshot_20240729_121606_Instagram.jpg

• Haha 1

I love peanut butter chocolate pies (no bake) like my brother makes.  They're basically pie-sized reeses and instantly make the room a better place.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

The Amish typically know how to make good peanut butter pies. They tend to make good pies in general. 

• Upvote 1

I'm on my way to work because scamming people isn't my idea if a good time

Screenshot_20240730_091133_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 14: It's An Insufferable People Contest!
On 7/28/2024 at 3:21 PM, Melissa1977 said:

This thread is an Insufferable People Contest. Those late teenagers knowing everything about life, those adults pontificating, the absolute lack of empathy they all show. I just can't!

Yeah I had to edit that thread title when I saw this.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yeah I had to edit that thread title when I saw this.

Thank you!!! It's my first time inspiring a title 😎

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

These people annoy me. Doing donuts on a road? For Jesus? Idk

Screenshot_20240801_193755_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 7

On 7/28/2024 at 8:44 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I genuinely feel like I’m not even close to an expert on anything. And I don’t necessarily think it’s me having low self esteem. I just keep realizing how much I don’t know as each year passes. I definitely have opinions. I have so many opinions. But I’ve never had the urge to get on social media and tell everyone how to live their lives. The Bonts call it encouragement. But really it’s them telling others how they should live their lives. Because it’s the superior way. I just think humans and life are just too varied to go around telling huge swaths of people what’s best for them because it’s best for me. 

I just retired from a professional career after 42 years, and still realized how much I could learn. It's called life-long learning, but these people seem to think they were born with some superior knowledge.  I would just call them know-it-alls (not a compliment).

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

These people annoy me. Doing donuts on a road? For Jesus? Idk

Screenshot_20240801_193755_Instagram.jpg

Where I'm from, that's a sideshow. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

There are multiple videos of Paul and Bowers boys doing all sort of LOUD illegal redneck stuff with their trucks [for some reason Crockett Bowers appears to have virtually moved in with the Pauls]

I have more and more sympathy with the Paul neighbors who hate them--these Jackasses for Jesus must constantly be racing & revving their assorted Magatrucks, offroad vehicles, motorcycles, etc. 

It is good thing they [probably] aren't drinking too, or one of these testosterone poisoned dudes would probably be dead by now.

And I bet whenever the price of gas (or tires) goes up, they start whining that it is all President Biden's fault.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

But remember, they think they're better than all of us because Jesus and probably money

• Upvote 8

And remember, laws don't apply to white Jackasses for Jesus...

image.thumb.png.e7624c1e35ede52f8754ad384e3f3a92.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

these Jackasses for Jesus must constantly be racing & revving their assorted Magatrucks, offroad vehicles, motorcycles, etc. 

And driving around without seatbelts or helmets.

When I see people like that on the road, I shake my head & wonder how soon they'll drive themselves out of the gene pool.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, no fun funddie said:

Honeymoon baby or premature?!

IMG_0221.png

Probably a premature honeymoon baby. That’s what I think is kind of funny about fundies. They are obsessed with waiting until you are married to have sex. And they are anti birth control. Which means there will be plenty of honeymoon babies who are premature. But when you are so vocal about shaming people who have sex before marriage, you’ll have to defend yourself if you happen to have a premature honeymoon baby. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably a premature honeymoon baby. That’s what I think is kind of funny about fundies. They are obsessed with waiting until you are married to have sex. And they are anti birth control. Which means there will be plenty of honeymoon babies who are premature. But when you are so vocal about shaming people who have sex before marriage, you’ll have to defend yourself if you happen to have a premature honeymoon baby. 

I'm surprised Jill hasn't been more defensive of the fact Gideon was a premature baby. He wasn't a honeymoon baby, but that's toeing the line

Edited by justpassingthru
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1