IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 14: It's An Insufferable People Contest!

Coconut Flan

I really hope the Duggar girls meet lots of people, take their time, and don't marry into any of these families.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

I guess the Bowers and Pauls just trust in God instead of seatbelts.  Haley's reel shows 4 of them driving down a paved road--and if you watch the reel closely, none of them are wearing a seatbelt. Between their reckless driving, distain of seatbelts and motorcycle helmets, & constant filming while driving, there is a good chance of tragic accidents in their future.

[I'm sure they would say its no big deal because it was a lonely country road & they weren't going very fast. But you know what? A deer or other wildlife could run across the road at any time]

image.png.9ada48e6d7517617fdd067b349d61b8a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I guess the Bowers and Pauls just trust in God instead of seatbelts.  Haley's reel shows 4 of them driving down a paved road--and if you watch the reel closely, none of them are wearing a seatbelt. Between their reckless driving, distain of seatbelts and motorcycle helmets, & constant filming while driving, there is a good chance of tragic accidents in their future.

[I'm sure they would say its no big deal because it was a lonely country road & they weren't going very fast. But you know what? A deer or other wildlife could run across the road at any time]

image.png.9ada48e6d7517617fdd067b349d61b8a.png

Back when they blogged, the Bontragers also loved to speed and drive recklessly. Chelsy mentioned she and John bonded over getting speeding tickets.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Back when they blogged, the Bontragers also loved to speed and drive recklessly. Chelsy mentioned she and John bonded over getting speeding tickets.

Just imagine how pissed Steve must’ve been when John would get a speeding ticket. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

18 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

It's the subtle patriarchy for me 

Screenshot_20240925_100436_Instagram.jpg

She did it completely wrong. All the other fundies doing this know you are supposed to put the hearts in order if birth. Not all boys first. I don’t think she did it purposely. I just think she doesn’t understand. She doesn’t seem incredibly bright to me. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

A sticker on your rear view mirror?

Goes with not wearing seat belts. 

Safety is for other people, not godly True Christians™️.

• Upvote 2

They bought a tiny house.  It sounds like they are going to move it back to her parent's land, gut it and do a total redo, and then move it back once they have cleaned up the land around the tiny house, which is on a river and has a dock. Then the plan is either to sell it or rent it out.

12.png

• Thank You 4

44 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

They bought a tiny house.  It sounds like they are going to move it back to her parent's land, gut it and do a total redo, and then move it back once they have cleaned up the land around the tiny house, which is on a river and has a dock. Then the plan is either to sell it or rent it out.

12.png

Is she poking fun at the people who hate her user name or do they actually call their house "Monticello"? 

Rolling my eyes either way. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
Monticello is apparently the town.
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Is she poking fun at the people who hate her user name or do they actually call their house "Monticello"? 

Rolling my eyes either way. 

That's their town. GOP is the plantation where they live 🙄

• Thank You 2

I hope they do make it safely through the hurricane, especially since they have all those animals, It looks like they spent all day prepping for it.  Sticking stuff in their cottages or tying it down so it won't fly away. But what is that place in the last couple of slides from Hayley's mom? Is that their house? Shouldn't all those windows be border up?

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

I hope they do make it safely through the hurricane, especially since they have all those animals, It looks like they spent all day prepping for it.  Sticking stuff in their cottages or tying it down so it won't fly away. But what is that place in the last couple of slides from Hayley's mom? Is that their house? Shouldn't all those windows be border up?

Yeah-- their town is in the storms projected path. They need to board up the windows on all their properties and home that the "tiny house" that Haley and Carver live in doesn't blow away, since it doesn't seem to be on a proper foundation. Same with the "tiny house"* that they just bought--watch it get flooded!

Since the Pauls have shown again and again that they don't believe laws & regulations apply to their God-fearing asses, I bet they won't evacuate if ordered. [earlier today Haley posted that they don't plan to]

This what the mandatory evacuation order looks like for their county, Jefferson, as of 1:00 pm Thursday:

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-evacuation-map-update-hurricane-helene-path-shifts-1959880

"Jefferson County

A mandatory evacuation order is in place for mobile homes, low-lying areas, RVs, modular homes and homes that don't meet hurricane standards."

*It doesn't look that tiny to me, but Haley seems to think anything smaller than a 2-story mansion is a "tiny house." I'd just call it a cottage.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5

This is indeed a major storm:

WaffleHouseindex.thumb.png.2c989b748ac742a66757bfeda4df94d1.png

I hope that they & their animals stay safe and and that there isnʻt significant property damage.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

This is indeed a major storm:

WaffleHouseindex.thumb.png.2c989b748ac742a66757bfeda4df94d1.png

I hope that they & their animals stay safe and and that there isnʻt significant property damage.

Where in Florida are they? 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Where in Florida are they? 

Think they are east of Tallahassee, pretty much in the projected path of the hurricane.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

How do you live in Florida and not know this?Screenshot_20240926_194255_Instagram.thumb.jpg.74f70c7d5f7776b80c7f3aa8a184f429.jpg

I hope they evacuated, tiring and stressful as that is.

Mildly amused at the "if you or someone you know chose not to evacuate please write your name.." - so if I'm reporting that my neighbour stayed put I should write my name on myself too then?

• Upvote 2

Carver and Haley seem to take road trips all the time. There’s no reason for them to stay. They could easily go visit his family during the hurricane. 

• Upvote 1