IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 14: It's An Insufferable People Contest!

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Jackasses for Jesus

If this wasn’t a brand-new thread, this would be the perfect candidate for a thread title! 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

I'm surprised Jill hasn't been more defensive of the fact Gideon was a premature baby. He wasn't a honeymoon baby, but that's toeing the line

She doesn't need to be - she posted a bazillion photos of him/them in NICU. She has proof!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

I'm surprised Jill hasn't been more defensive of the fact Gideon was a premature baby. He wasn't a honeymoon baby, but that's toeing the line

How is it "toeing the line"? 

He was conceived within a month of their marriage. So not honeymoon, but very early on.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 8/2/2024 at 5:51 PM, postscript said:

If this wasn’t a brand-new thread, this would be the perfect candidate for a thread title! 

Remind me when we get to like page 18 or 19!

• Upvote 2

Amy and Erik did fantastic homeschooling this lot

Screenshot_20240812_132706_Instagram.jpg

• Haha 4

To be fair, my husband lit our microwave on fire making easy mac when he forgot to put the water in.  The stench in the house was unreal for days, and my daughter still occasionally asks him what happened to the old microwave just to see him explain it again.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

The faces of people who absolutely love Jesus and are on fire for him

Screenshot_20240814_152300_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

The faces of people who absolutely love Jesus and are on fire for him

Screenshot_20240814_152300_Instagram.jpg

What are devos?

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

What are devos?

Devotionals

• Thank You 1

Devos? Cue endless loop of “Whip It” (a song the Pauls and Bowers would definitely not approve of) running through my head. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

Sigh. My Navy veteran father, may he rest in peace, waged a lifelong losing battle against men wearing hats inside. 

And notice that the precious honeymooners have yet to embark on their missioncation. The young Mrs. Bowers seems to have nothing to do other than follow her husband around like a puppy, occasionally cook (although it appears they take at least half their meals at her parents house), and get her nails done. She doesn't even appear to actively help around her parents gardens & farm animals.

I swear she's going to get knocked up out of sheer boredom.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I absolutely hats at the table. I was raised with the message that it is disrespectful to wear hats inside and even more disrespectful to keep them on while praying, eating etc. The only exceptions were dress hats on women and children or at Guide camp where « camp hats on heads at all times » was the rule. Now, we aren’t allowed to ask kids to take off their hats in school. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

So far It doesn't look like any Bontragers attended the latest Duggar wedding, does it?

Amy, are we excusing pedophiles who say they are Christian?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240816_081356_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d0819b2e1cf8dd2be14a1a26ea08b0e5.jpg

• WTF 2

First time I've seen "under the blood" outside the Bro Gary thread, and no my dude it is not a get out of consequences free card. Prove you have repented by changing behaviour, sure. Say some magic words and claim no one can bring it up again? Not happening.

• Upvote 5

On 8/16/2024 at 9:00 AM, HereticHick said:

So far It doesn't look like any Bontragers attended the latest Duggar wedding, does it?

It doesn't look like any Bowers went, either. It was kind of short notice. Two months and it is wedding season. People have other weddings to go to. Other family events. People may have babies about to be born. I also think the Bower and Bontragers kids may be closer to the younger Duggars. Like if Jason gets married and it is a huge affair, Carver would probably be there.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

It doesn't look like any Bowers went, either. It was kind of short notice. Two months and it is wedding season. People have other weddings to go to. Other family events. People may have babies about to be born. I also think the Bower and Bontragers kids may be closer to the younger Duggars. Like if Jason gets married and it is a huge affair, Carver would probably be there.

Yeah Liz seems to be BFFs with Hannie but I doubt she knows Jana all that much. And Carver seems to be friends with the younger boys. Not Jana. I believe the Bontragers have known the Wissmanns for a long time. So I could see the Bontrager parents and whoever is still left at home being invited. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah Liz seems to be BFFs with Hannie but I doubt she knows Jana all that much. And Carver seems to be friends with the younger boys. Not Jana. I believe the Bontragers have known the Wissmanns for a long time. So I could see the Bontrager parents and whoever is still left at home being invited. 

I checked the knot website:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240818-204330.png

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

30 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I checked the knot website:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20240818-204330.png

It’s crazy that Liz didn’t go. I’m cracking up at Kid Bontrager x 2. I guess only Rebs went. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s crazy that Liz didn’t go. I’m cracking up at Kid Bontrager x 2. I guess only Rebs went. 

I'm surprised she didn't want to go, considering weddings are fundie matchmaking events. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm surprised she didn't want to go, considering weddings are fundie matchmaking events. 

Maybe she had something else she had to go to. I would think she would want to go otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe she had something else she had to go to. I would think she would want to go otherwise. 

Liz put on insta on one of her stories some August photos which looked like she was in Europe, and had said she was going on vacation in August. Maybe she’s on a young living mlm treat thing and has gone on holiday to some random country. Can’t find the pics now as think they were on her story. If it was MLM then I guess we will hear a lot more about it in the coming weeks!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, no fun funddie said:

Liz put on insta on one of her stories some August photos which looked like she was in Europe, and had said she was going on vacation in August. Maybe she’s on a young living mlm treat thing and has gone on holiday to some random country. Can’t find the pics now as think they were on her story. If it was MLM then I guess we will hear a lot more about it in the coming weeks!

Didn't she or Alison go to Switzerland with a friend a couple of years ago? It seems like they knew someone there.

• Thank You 1