IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 14: It's An Insufferable People Contest!

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since her parents seem to have a few airbnbs, they might just take one of those. 

Yes. Of course, that shuts down one income stream for her parents.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That's so ridiculous.  Doctors seriously can't function without their support staff - are they placing the IVs, answering phones, administering medications, running the diagnostics?  IDGAF what schooling someone has if they're pleasant and work hard when the chips are down.

Exactly! We all work together and we need each other's expertise. 

And the doctors aren't with the patients very long--We are! We listen to them, reassure them, make them smile. We explain what we're going to do next (if possible). We had a kid who was crying and told his mom he felt guilty because he wasn't being brave. I went over, knelt down next to him, and told him he was being very brave. He was facing some very scary things and he was handling them better than most adults. You can still cry and be brave! Before he left, I got him a candy bar for his bravery (I asked mom first).

I often wonder how fundies feel after they have a baby and it's not the experience they were told it would be. Especially since they are only allowed to be happy.

Edited by 3splenty
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Yes. Of course, that shuts down one income stream for her parents.  

We have no idea how much money that shuts down for her parents. They could be making a lot and they could be making very little from AirBNB. 

Wanting their kids to be self-sufficient is one reason most people don't try to marry off their teenagers.

Considering that AirBNB is contributing to the housing crisis, I'm fine with one of their AirBNB properties having to actually house people. 

• Upvote 3

What are the names and ages of the Paul kids? I know there's 7 and I think it's 3 girls and 4 boys

I don't think that Haley is the oldest

6 hours ago, FundeyMonkey said:

What are the names and ages of the Paul kids? I know there's 7 and I think it's 3 girls and 4 boys

I don't think that Haley is the oldest

I thought Grace was the oldest. Then Hunter and Haley are twins. I’m not sure about how old the younger ones are. 

• Thank You 2

On 8/25/2024 at 10:44 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought Grace was the oldest. Then Hunter and Haley are twins. I’m not sure about how old the younger ones are. 

Thank you. I could not find much info the Pauls, only can go on what I see on Insta.

They're um, a different type of fundie family. Can't see them and the Bontragers getting along...
It must also be awkward at a Bowers family get together with Cass, Lina and Haley...

On 8/22/2024 at 5:07 PM, hoipolloi said:

Did her parents go to university? I know theyʻve made a living with various real estate & VRBO scams businesses as well as the shit from Plexus.

Looked at Amy Paul's IG story today and saw this, which is rather interesting:

ThePauldaughters.thumb.jpg.9c482b2217ed92d863c9d157ee449d95.jpg

This post says there are three girls who were sharing a room. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2024 at 8:44 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah. Grace is the oldest. Then it's Haley and Hunter. Then maybe Tanner? I think he is in between the twins and Libby, who is 16 today. Not sure about the rest.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1

Based on the fact Haley Bowers is an idiot, I found where they are staying in Florida with just a screenshot. 

Why are people so dumb with public accounts.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

Based on the fact Haley Bowers is an idiot, I found where they are staying in Florida with just a screenshot. 

Why are people so dumb with public accounts.

It's public so you can tell me

Haley really doesn't like this being pointed out. If there's ever something she will comment on, it's this

Screenshot_20240831_223107_Instagram.jpg

• Haha 1

Nah, I imagine they are both racist cows. If it walks like a duck...

• Upvote 11

We can add "choosing not to work", "having mom and Dad provide a home for you" (this isn't a slam against those who've had to move back home), "existing off the wealth Mom scammed from others in a MLM"

Even better: Amy shared this too. 🙃

Screenshot_20240902_101132_Instagram.jpg

Edited by justpassingthru
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, justpassingthru said:

> Freedom to choose; yes, also if I want to choose whether or not I have children, including contraception and abortion

> People you love: yes, also if I love (romantically) a person of my own sex

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Okay, this is golden. Fundie homeschool education put on display.

But also .. seems accurate for this family

Screenshot_20240902_150854_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

Okay, this is golden. Fundie homeschool education put on display.

But also .. seems accurate for this family

Screenshot_20240902_150854_Instagram.jpg

Lol my 4th grader was just doing math homework focusing on greater than and less than! And he did a great job might I add. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

We can add "choosing not to work", "having mom and Dad provide a home for you" (this isn't a slam against those who've had to move back home), "existing off the wealth Mom scammed from others in a MLM"

Even better: Amy shared this too. 🙃

They have cars. They don't live somewhere where you don't need a car. (In fairness, that's most of America.)

Also their lifestyle seems pretty lavish to me. Slow mornings are a luxury, because most people have to get up and get out. 

• I Agree 2

She even did a "day in the life of a 19 year old stay at home wife" today. Captioning it with "slow morning"

• Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

She even did a "day in the life of a 19 year old stay at home wife" today. Captioning it with "slow morning"

WTF does she actually do all day to occupy her time?

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

She's up Carver's ass all the time

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

It seems like her life barely changed post marriage. She was a stay at home teen daughter. Now she’s a stay at home teen wife. She can have sex without guilt. That’s the only change.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

If I was a single fundie, I would find this post to be completely insufferable. She talked about how she had to wait so long and she thought she would never meet the man she would marry. She met him at 18! What a long wait! 🙄 She has no clue what it is like for some fundie women to be single in all of their teens and 30s. And then get married at 34 like Jana. Sorry but it should never be thought of as a time of waiting. What if they never get married? Not every fundie gets married. It’s so destructive for a teenager to tell a 30 year old fundie it’s a time of waiting. Go live your life the way you want to live! Never wait around for some guy who may never appear. Have fun! Marriage isn’t the end all be all of your life! 

984DC272-FAFD-4A8E-ACC8-EDCE84680D6D.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I was a single fundie, I would find this post to be completely insufferable. She talked about how she had to wait so long and she thought she would never meet the man she would marry. She met him at 18! What a long wait! 🙄 She has no clue what it is like for some fundie women to be single in all of their teens and 30s. And then get married at 34 like Jana. Sorry but it should never be thought of as a time of waiting. What if they never get married? Not every fundie gets married. It’s so destructive for a teenager to tell a 30 year old fundie it’s a time of waiting. Go live your life the way you want to live! Never wait around for some guy who may never appear. Have fun! Marriage isn’t the end all be all of your life! 

984DC272-FAFD-4A8E-ACC8-EDCE84680D6D.jpeg

I read her post to my roommate. Her response? "I wonder what letter she's going to write when she goes through her first divorce."

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1