IGNORED

Pearl Family 3: Living on Snake Oil, Charcoal and Plexus

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Where or what is Fort Smith?

It's a town on the AR/OK border on I-40.

image.png

• Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Where or what is Fort Smith

It is a town in the far western part of the state of Arkansas. It is just over the state line from Oklahoma. It has a population of about 90,000 people and has decent-ish hospital. 

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Thank You 4

Thank you for explaining I'm not familiar with the Southwest US, so I never heard of Fort Smith. 

According to the google maps, it would take about 9 hours to get from the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, New Mexico to Fort Smith, Arkansas, and that's without taking the breaks to walk around every 2 hours in the car that they're suppose to take to avoid clots. 

Maybe they were at The Blue Hole the day before and now they're trying to drive Fort Smith?

• Upvote 3

So from there there's still another full day of driving to get home? Where in TN are they?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

So from there there's still another full day of driving to get home? Where in TN are they?

I think they are in Lobelville. Or around that area. Which is more on the western side of TN. So maybe they can make it home soon. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Driving on that Interstate for days, no fun.  Heavy traffic, heavy truck traffic, and I'm only familiar with the part from Santa Rosa to Albuquerque!  

We drive a different route now that shortens that section even more and it's a relief. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

They posted that they are only 5 hours from home so they should get home today. Finally. Those boys haven’t seen their dad in MONTHS. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

19 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

They might have been stupid enough to go in anyway. The rules don’t apply to Godly folk, dontcha know. 

I think they are beyond idiotic to forego a modern medical response to a curable cancer, but I think the swimming was not illegal.

The Albuquerque Journal says swimming will be allowed starting August 2nd with diving still prohibited. 

The Blue Hole Facebook page confirms swimming has been allowed since August 2, 2024. The web page has not been updated with the new information. 

IMG_2316.jpeg

Edited to add that being  in the cool water may have been very therapeutic for him. He is likely in a great deal of discomfort and the cool water could help with pain management as well as help counteract swelling and inflammation. The cool water would cause short term vascular constriction to his skin and extremities making more blood available for his vital organs.

I doubt he was swimming, but rather floating in the water and enjoying the seemingly weightless sensation which provided short term relief from what must be horrific pain.

When my mom neared the end of her cancer battle the pool was one of the few places she could be semi-comfortable. 

She would go between the cold pool and the whirlpool hot tub.  She had pain relief in the cold water  and the intermittent use of the hot tub kept hypothermia at bay. 

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 8

Thanks for the update on Blue Hole! Glad the website is   updated to reflect that swimming is allowed.  Apparently Blue Hole is an important aspect of the tourism economy in Santa Rosa, but that may be more related to the diving community. 

I hope the Brands arrive home safely (today?), and get a real medical evaluation soon. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

Thanks for the update on Blue Hole! Glad the website is   updated to reflect that swimming is allowed.  Apparently Blue Hole is an important aspect of the tourism economy in Santa Rosa, but that may be more related to the diving community. 

I hope the Brands arrive home safely (today?), and get a real medical evaluation soon. 

Real medical evaluation? The last thing they want is anything that might contradict their delusions. I suspect they won't seek care until they can no longer manage his symptoms with over the counter drugs and bootleg oxygen.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

52 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Real medical evaluation? The last thing they want is anything that might contradict their delusions. 

Yes, they are Plexus floggers, but Debi and Michael Pearl have used docs and hospitals for their medical needs as they've aged.   I think Debi Pearl had some kind of surgery on her neck, and Michael Pearl was treated successfully for a stroke.  

I suspect they won't seek care until they can no longer manage his symptoms with over the counter drugs and bootleg oxygen.

Yup, if things start to go downhill, Justin's oxygen levels get low and they can't get them up with supplemental oxygen, I think they will head straight for an ER.  They used doctors for the original diagnosis and I'm assuming consulted oncologists, even though they decided to go with an "alternative" treatment facility.  

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, Howl said:

I think Debi Pearl had some kind of surgery on her neck, and Michael Pearl was treated successfully for a stroke.  

Isn't that fascinating though? In her terrible novel Debi literally has her author insert making a potion that can revive the dead. Which I would think a terribly blasphemous thing, even if it was originally inspired by prayer or something. And yet when they need it they know where to actually go for help.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, Howl said:

Debi and Michael Pearl have used docs and hospitals for their medical needs as they've aged. 

Oh yes. They have not hesitated to use conventional medical care when needed. 

On her IG a day or two ago, Shalom filmed herself unpacking all of Justin's "meds" - oils, Plexus, vitamins, supplements, and who knows WTF. There were easily two dozen items or more. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

56 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Oh yes. They have not hesitated to use conventional medical care when needed. 

On her IG a day or two ago, Shalom filmed herself unpacking all of Justin's "meds" - oils, Plexus, vitamins, supplements, and who knows WTF. There were easily two dozen items or more. 

I fear the quacks told her, "he will probably feel worse while he is traveling, but just stay on this protocol once you get home, and he will continue getting better."

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

33 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I fear the quacks told her, "he will probably feel worse while he is traveling, but just stay on this protocol once you get home, and he will continue getting better."

Disclaimer: If he doesn't get better it's entirely due to non-compliance or negative thoughts, never our lack of treatment, knowledge, or outright disregard for human dignity.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I assume no update means they are home and enjoying their time with family. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

49 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

Disclaimer: If he doesn't get better it's entirely due to non-compliance or negative thoughts, never our lack of treatment, knowledge, or outright disregard for human dignity.

Of course, the irony here is this is EXACTLY how the Pearls deal with anyone who has a bad outcome after following their toxic teachings:

1. Do as we say but not as we do.
  2. If you fail at what we tell you to do , you did it wrong.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

16 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Of course, the irony here is this is EXACTLY how the Pearls deal with anyone who has a bad outcome after following their toxic teachings:

1. Do as we say but not as we do.
  2. If you fail at what we tell you to do , you did it wrong.

That's what makes fundies so susceptible to woo: their leaders sell the same dimension of rubbish so they set up their system to eradicate critical thinking and trust in people with actual real-world expertise. Once you've primed your flock for one you can't reason them out of Plexus.

• I Agree 11

This thread makes me sadder and sadder every day. I hope he's home with his kids. 

• I Agree 9

On 8/5/2024 at 3:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, she got these from Walmart and he went through a bunch of them. 

I have asthma and I have used these during severe attacks - I had the worst one I have had since I was a teen back in January. These things are fine for high altitude, work outs and a little boost for asthma, but NOT THIS.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Shalom posted that they had a late birthday breakfast for their daughter.  They also went out for a family day of miniature golf.  Justin looks very thin but he seems to be participating and everyone is happy that he's home.  I'm honestly glad that he made it home and can create some family memories for his kids now.

Spoiler

Screenshot(18810).png.9c3134ecb415a51671b785af8be855ba.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Sixteen weeks he's been gone from his children to go to an overpriced spa. I'm enraged for his children. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

I guess while they were gone, some cats got into their house. They didn’t elaborate but my guess is that they pooped and peed everywhere. So James Easling is letting them stay in an apartment he rents out. She called him her brother in law. Even though Shoshanna and James are divorced. My parents are snowbirds and people will usually check in their house every once in awhile when they are gone. You know to make sure nothing bad has happened. Like frozen pipes or something. I’m surprised no one checked on Shalom’s house while they were gone. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess while they were gone, some cats got into their house. They didn’t elaborate but my guess is that they pooped and peed everywhere. So James Easling is letting them stay in an apartment he rents out. She called him her brother in law. Even though Shoshanna and James are divorced. My parents are snowbirds and people will usually check in their house every once in awhile when they are gone. You know to make sure nothing bad has happened. Like frozen pipes or something. I’m surprised no one checked on Shalom’s house while they were gone. 

The kids weren't in their house??!! I guess it makes sense they moved in with someone else, but they didn't go back at all?! That's really sad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4