IGNORED

Tim Walz: Our VP Nominee

47of74

The people who are ridiculing that loving family interaction (Ann Coulter and others) are just plain horrible human beings.

• I Agree 13

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I've never been in tears listening to a political speech before. When Gus stood up and said it I started crying. It was the most beautiful moment I've ever seen in a political event. 

Yep. I was a blubbery mess when I saw him stand up and yell, 'THAT'S MY DAD!' What a joyous moment! How Ann Coulter had the gall to say what she did about him is almost beyond belief.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Yep. I was a blubbery mess when I saw him stand up and yell, 'THAT'S MY DAD!' What a joyous moment! How Ann Coulter had the gall to say what she did about him is almost beyond belief.

I never liked her and all that did was reinforce what a horrible human being she is!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

A great response. Definitely NSFW:

Spoiler

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

A great response.

Oh, my, I’m speechless!  🙈  That was really something!  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

image.png.2f8d634f7c024fbfbe5fd1bc7a42737d.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I agree with Rick:

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I've taught kids, and have a family member, with NVLD (non verbal learning disorder). It can be devastating, because kids often go undiagnosed  and can be fairly successful in school in the early years.

The changing demands of both school and social life that begin as they reach adolescence can come crashing down on them hellishly.

It is also one of the most annoying names ever given to a condition, because people always end up having to explain that it's not that the child is non-verbal, it's that the disability itself doesn't have as much to do with verbal skills as many other learning disabilities do.

https://adayinourshoes.com/nvld-non-verbal-learning-disability-symptoms-accommodations/

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

image.png.6b37ab1140997849bbd37df2d26f7d30.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.6b37ab1140997849bbd37df2d26f7d30.png

Maybe that's why these people are republicans. Maybe it's because their parents didn't hug them enough.

• Upvote 9

I hadn't seen Dinesh D'Souza's comment before now. My aside is that, even before now, that - excuse my language - that d***a** was already a horrible human being. My original bone to pick with him was that my (now deceased) 90-plus year old dad, who was very intelligent and very educated, but taken in by scams heard on Faux during his final few years, was taken in by that idiot.

Anyway - back to the current topic - another horrible human being here.

And, adding a bit of personal context - I have a grandson who is 10 years old, has autism, and is mostly nonverbal. Seeing Tim's son gives me positivity for my grandson's future.

• Upvote 8

image.png.0a2b99b56c535477dcbb156acdd29abe.png

• Upvote 4
  • Love 9

On 8/22/2024 at 5:49 PM, apple1 said:

The people who are ridiculing that loving family interaction (Ann Coulter and others) are just plain horrible human beings.

Something is off with this man and some people are willing to talk about it. Main stream media have scrubbed the video of dad grabbing his son harshly on stage. The Body Language Guy on youtube has an analysis. Just something doesn't seem right. 

• Downvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 2

1 hour ago, Grandma D said:

Something is off with this man and some people are willing to talk about it. Main stream media have scrubbed the video of dad grabbing his son harshly on stage. The Body Language Guy on youtube has an analysis. Just something doesn't seem right. 

Something is off with which man?

• Upvote 1

I didn't even notice Tim Walz "yanking" on Gus  until MAGA made a fuss about it. I didn't notice that it looked like Gus was about to get hit in the head by a teleprompter, either, though.

As someone without normal depth perception, who hates crowds and noise, and who has a family member and has had students with non verbal learning disability (issues with spatial relations and a tendency to bump into things is often part of it),  I think this explanation makes sense (never mind the title - it's cued up to the part about Walz):

Someone with NVLD may struggle with:

Fine motor skills (using scissors, tying shoelaces, pencil grip, etc.)

Gross motor skills (throwing a ball, riding a bike, etc.)

Spatial awareness (bumping into people and things)

https://nvld.org/non-verbal-learning-disability/

The automatic quickness of the tug and Walz's expression reminded me of the time I went to my knees when I saw a student starting to have a seizure, so he'd fall on my lap rather than concrete. It happened in a split-second, and I have no idea what the expression on my face looked like to others.

Could Tim Walz be a monster, successfully hiding it from us? I guess - nothing in this world surprises me anymore. This sure doesn't prove it, though.

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Thank You 10

I’ll state that if the republicans want to make a issue of Waltz ‘yanking’ his son’s arm, can we play Trump grabbing Ivanka’s ass?

Aaaand now I’m off to get out the brain bleach.  

• Upvote 11

I bet that Vance and TFG don't even know what gutters are for.

• Haha 3
  • Love 3

Was it green mint chocolate chip or white mint chocolate chip? Because whichever it was, it was the wrong one.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

16 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So what kind of scandal will Fox News create about that?

I’m sure Faux will spew something like “regular chocolate chip isn’t good enough for him? He’s such an elitist.” Just like the pearl clutching when Obama ordered brown mustard on his burger. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

IMG_0905.thumb.jpeg.d1498152ad8e7adc576be505578bf088.jpeg

• Upvote 8

An excellent speech:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 8/30/2024 at 7:00 PM, Audrey2 said:

So what kind of scandal will Fox News create about that?

I think luckily Fox News is not familiar enough with Cookout to turn it into too much of a scandal. 

Locally, people are joking that he should have been served a Cheerwine first, or perhaps been given the challenge of coming up on the spot with a full Cookout Tray Order including a Carolina Style  -  or Cookout Style - hamburger. But those are jokes! 

(Cookout's menu is... extensive. Sides include corn dogs, chicken nuggets, wraps, and quesadillas. Yes, as side dishes. There are like 38 shake options on the menu and you can order off menu also. I won't attempt to order without looking it up first and deciding ahead, there are too many choices for an on-the-spot drive through order!)

Walz just seems like such a nice everyday sort of guy. It's refreshing.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2