IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Ok, but in general, if you are going to have your parent(s) walk you down the aisle - why shouldn’t mom be there? Generally she is at least as close to her daughter as the dad is (some exceptions of course) 

My parents both walked me down the aisle. I am not close to my dad, but DESPERATELY didn't want to walk down the aisle alone (I do NOT like being the center of attention). So they both walked me down. But the aisle was wide enough that we weren't squished. 

If I did it again - I'd walk with my soon to be husband. But I'm also 22 years older than I was then so... 

7 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I am morbidly curious as to what Jana and Stephen's ideas and rules were around courtship/dating. Seeing that so many Duggars have spoken out against the ridiculousness of the OG courtship rules, Jana's age and her recent clothing choices- I would guess that they didn't do chaperones. 

I do wonder if they kissed before marriage though. As far as we know all married Duggar children have saved their first kiss for their wedding day. If Jana and Stephen chose differently it would indicate a major shift (IMO even more drastic than pants and sleeveless outfits) 

Basing this on nothing at all - I think they probably kissed before they got married. I'm sure they didn't fool around much - but that "in the air kiss" seems way too natural for it to be one of the first times. 

Also - maybe they followed JDs lead and just... kept it all under the radar. I doubt her parents thought "oh - you're 34 - you're fine - do what you want" but I also can't see her allowing them to read all her communications or specifically chaperone her. But again - maybe she just kept it all on the DL - no "courting proposal" or whatever nonsense.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Smee said:

It seems Jana and Abbie are close (she was the only bridesmaid who Jana hasn't literally known their entire life). But I also think JD and Abbie aren't done having kids yet, they're just going at a slower pace. Who knows whether that's by choice or fertility.

I think Jana and Stephen might actually have 'as many as God decides' in that they won't do anything to prevent pregnancy, but they also won't do Michelle's thing of weaning at 6 months and tracking every cycle and actively trying to bang in every fertile window. 

Abbie is a nurse and has horrible HG when she’s pregnant. Because of that, I don’t think they are quiverful. Her life would be completely miserable if she had a baby every 18 months like a lot of quiverful women. 

• Upvote 10

Josiah Wissman posted a picture and we have exactly one ring bearer and 6 more flower girls (since Brynley was counted with the Duggars). It looks like the babies under a year and the older girls were not included, I wonder what the age cutoff was. 
359A7E63-D689-4294-9555-72EF6BEA6BBC.thumb.jpeg.a74aee1758c2d6f5dbc0fe7eb7228dc5.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

How is Wissman pronounced? In my head I keep saying wyze-man but that's probably wrong. 

• Upvote 3

The youngest Wissmann granddaughter who wasn’t a flower girl is 8 (the one who turns 7 in October was included). Other than the Ms, all of the Duggar granddaughters are under 8. So if that is the cut off, we can assume she probably had the two youngest Ms and that makes for 20 flower girls!!!! 19 if Rachel’s youngest wasn’t included (honesty can’t tell).

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

How is Wissman pronounced? In my head I keep saying wyze-man but that's probably wrong. 

I pronounce it Wiz-man.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Thank You 7

On 8/19/2024 at 5:58 PM, Bobology said:

A member here (sorry, can't remember who) mentioned that Jana's sudden use of old footage around home on YouTube could have been at the request of People mag in order to renew interest in Jana prior to the marriage and article(s). This is my #1 guess.

Spoiler

200w(1).gif.2e5af22cf3a4b40140f6b100bb1e2a8e.gif

Edited by Coconut Flan
Animated gif.
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I believe it’s Wiss men like miss men. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I am sure she has done a fundy wedding before maybe josie bates or someone. Looking at her from Jana's wedding was not the first time I have seen her and I only really follow the bates and the duggs. Maybe she has done some photos for the Bates Boutique ??

She did Carlin's wedding. I guess she has done other weddings for the Bates.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 8/19/2024 at 7:01 PM, noseybutt said:

I find it amazing when women who were parentified and raised siblings when they were children have any interest at all in having their own. 

I guess it may also be fulfilling and healing to have the chance of doing it right (or at least better) this time around.

I would have hated looking after little kids in my teen years, especially a bunch of them. I did a week’s internship at a daycare as a school project and boy was I ready for the weekend!

But spending one-on-one time with my own son now, in my early forties, while being stressful at times, is so much fun and absolutely delightful. He’s a total mini-me, I see myself in him a lot (not only in looks, mostly in personality), he loves me so very much, he is such a smart and empathetic little boy and loves books and language as much as I do.

Of course I don’t have the trauma of growing up as a sister mom in a dysfunctional family, but I can see how having your own child (within a small sized family, with lots of time for actual parenting and without the financial and emotional and organizational stress that comes with a mega family) could be a totally different experience.

Growing up as a sister mom in a fundamentalist, abusive and poor mega size family, she may want to make up for it with her own child.

But who knows. There’s always those who break the cycle and others who don’t manage and repeat it.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe it’s Wiss men like miss men. 

I went hunting on YouTube and while I didn't find any recordings of Wissmanns introducing themselves, I did find a recording where they were being introduced at the beginning of a performance at a church. At about seven seconds in the person introducing them said "Wissmann" like "Miss - mun". 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

It looks like all the Wissmanns went along with the color scheme. Which seem to be black, white, pale pink, champagne, and beige. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like all the Wissmanns went along with the color scheme. Which seem to be black, white, pale pink, champagne, and beige. 

I noticed that as well. Can’t believe how many Duggars and Wissmanns there are combined in the 2 pics. And the Duggars are missing 12 members in that pic (Smuggar, Anna and 10 kids total. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh and another thing I noticed Jason’s girlfriend is not in the pic. Phhhhmmmm not protecting his heart pieces. He was kissing her on the cheek and his penis touched her back. They are practically married by duggar standards. She should be in the pic. Considering katey was including in the sisters pic before her official engagement at I wanna say Justin’s wedding. 

Ah the name change has happened…. So weird to see her as wissman IMG_4478.thumb.png.eb9e609783fad4889914b71cdb0512ad.png

The next Jason thread absolutely MUST be titled "His Penis Touched Her Back" or I'll riot!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I noticed that as well. Can’t believe how many Duggars and Wissmanns there are combined in the 2 pics. And the Duggars are missing 12 members in that pic (Smuggar, Anna and 10 kids total. 

?Marcus is I the front of the picture. Unless you're already counting him in being in the pic

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kiki03910 said:

The next Jason thread absolutely MUST be titled "His Penis Touched Her Back" or I'll riot!

@Kiki03910 I love your sense of humor and enthusiasm, but I am not personally invested in a thread title talking about his penis.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

@Kiki03910 I love your sense of humor and enthusiasm, but I am not personally invested in a thread title talking about his penis.

That's fair!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

They were married by the pastor of this Church.

https://glbcrogers.com/our-pastor

He's the father-in-law of Lauren's sister Lily, who married his son in May.

And there is your answer as to why they didn't have the wedding at the Duggar family church. Not big enough. Lily and her husband had to limit the guest list of their wedding due to spacing issues at Gospel Light. Outside of Lauren's kids and Lily's siblings, kids were not invited. Some people also couldn't bring a plus one. That church probably wouldn't have been big enough for Jana's wedding.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jill posted:

8690C86D-FAF4-4576-9B37-43BB9F3B3713.jpeg

Aw, no 💙 over the "i" in Michelle 🤣😂🤣😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

22 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I thought this too. It might have kickstarted the romance again.

Is she secretly dating someone now? lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

?Marcus is I the front of the picture. Unless you're already counting him in being in the pic

I’m including him in the pic. Not there are Smugger, Anna, 6 of their kids, Jill’s 3 boys and Ivy.

• Upvote 3

I’m curious as to how Jenni and Josie felt about not being bridesmaids. If none of the four youngest girls were included, it would make sense but leaving out number 17 and 19 while including 16 and 18 seems like an intentional choice. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m curious as to how Jenni and Josie felt about not being bridesmaids. If none of the four youngest girls were included, it would make sense but leaving out number 17 and 19 while including 16 and 18 seems like an intentional choice. 

Jennie seems shy so she may not have wanted to participate. Who knows as far as Josie. Sometimes different stimulation can effect preemies, even later in life.

Idk

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Jenni seems to be wearing a similar light pink dress to some of the Wissman family girls. I can’t tell what Josie is wearing. Maybe they had roles like covering the guest book, gift table, lighting candles. According to the program she included 8 of her 18 siblings in one way or another. As others have said, Jenni has always come across as shy, she may not have wanted to play a public part - or maybe with that many siblings and weddings they all just understand that sometimes you’ll be picked, sometimes you won’t. Those huge family dynamics sure could get messy! 

• Upvote 10

I would guess Josie is a hand full. I’m not surprised at all that she’s not a bridesmaid. She gave Stephen a big Pat on the back in the video of them entering. I think she might be pretty immature for her age. Which makes sense because she was a micro premie and her parents babied her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4