IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

50 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I’m including him in the pic. Not there are Smugger, Anna, 6 of their kids, Jill’s 3 boys and Ivy.

Ahh. Thanks for the clarification 

4 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

The next Jason thread absolutely MUST be titled "His Penis Touched Her Back" or I'll riot!

Prepare to riot.  I'll never use that.  Thread titles need to safe for scanning.

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would guess Josie is a hand full. I’m not surprised at all that she’s not a bridesmaid. She gave Stephen a big Pat on the back in the video of them entering. I think she might be pretty immature for her age. Which makes sense because she was a micro premie and her parents babied her. 

Jana has had a lot of responsibility for Josie over the years and Josie has some issues based on a few videos Jana has posted of trying to do things like art projects.  I doubt Jana wanted Josie to have be in front of the gathering.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I noticed that as well. Can’t believe how many Duggars and Wissmanns there are combined in the 2 pics. And the Duggars are missing 12 members in that pic (Smuggar, Anna and 10 kids total. 

Between the two of them they have 30 siblings, 18 in-laws (obviously not counting Jer and Hannah here), 31 nephews and 27 nieces. I can’t even contemplate that large a family. Imagine planning a wedding and knowing that your immediate families are 100 people.

a

• Upvote 12

30 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Prepare to riot.  I'll never use that.  Thread titles need to safe for scanning.

Jana has had a lot of responsibility for Josie over the years and Josie has some issues based on a few videos Jana has posted of trying to do things like art projects.  I doubt Jana wanted Josie to have be in front of the gathering.

*riots*

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 19

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would guess Josie is a hand full. I’m not surprised at all that she’s not a bridesmaid. She gave Stephen a big Pat on the back in the video of them entering. I think she might be pretty immature for her age. Which makes sense because she was a micro premie and her parents babied her. 

I would agree as far as the parents babying her. But not all preemies have delays. Yea, I know she had "glitches" (ftw) and seizures. 

And could be like JebJud Batesesssss being allowed to run wild and set the house on fire!

Edited by LongTimeLurkerOG
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, fish_ca said:

A photo of the whole family. Jill and Derrick are also there.

Screenshot_2024-08-20-06-51-40-083_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

Sheesh. 80? 90%? Of the people in this photo are descendants of JB and M. Their genes do not need to be spread that much! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

leaving out number 17 and 19 while including 16 and 18 seems like an intentional choice. 

I have been in so many weddings and I honestly do not usually enjoy being in the wedding party. I am happy to help make a thousand party favors, address all the invitations, write the place cards, bake and decorate a 5 layer cake, create boutonnières by the bushel, and happily set up and tear down an event. 

Jana seems kind enough to know and respect the innate personality of her sisters and let them be in the wedding on the most agreeable terms for each girl. 

I think it was an intentional choice, but not a cruel or unkind decision. 

Funnily enough, the one wedding I wanted to be in (my closest brother) is the one wedding I ended up on cake duty. I was 15 and generally made an ass of myself that day. I was hurt and instead of talking about it, I was a jerk. Ah, the joys of adolescence and the pain of being excluded. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 15

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Between the two of them they have 30 siblings, 18 in-laws (obviously not counting Jer and Hannah here), 31 nephews and 27 nieces. I can’t even contemplate that large a family. Imagine planning a wedding and knowing that your immediate families are 100 people.

a

The 1 nice thing is if you didn’t feel compelled to go or needed to decline, it’s very likely no one would miss you. With families this size someone is always going to be missing. Even in my own small family, we have a plethora of medical people and firefighters who work everyday and can’t always be at events or holiday gatherings. For these folks, I doubt jobs get in the way too often.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20240820-220041.thumb.png.5bade35aa262de5b43166a151e230726.png

Here's a picture I found of Jana and Stephen with the rest of the Wissmans.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Perhaps a thread count title lol

• Haha 6

Jill posted a set of photos and a video from the wedding to her Insta stories. A lot of the show crew was invited too. And a blurred photo of her kids playing with the cousins. She mentioned wedding and activities, so sounds like she was involved in the whole event.

629F7D95-00E5-4A75-88D0-B6F9EAEE476E.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 17

There are pictures of Jana and Stephen where they're holding James. 

• Upvote 3

Another still from Jill's video about the wedding. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240821_082405_com.instagram.android_edit_3647720253350166.thumb.jpg.08be7f7ddd1e40e533c31b60ecd86e38.jpg

All these nice fotos and then there is this one. The caption says it's James

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240821_084421.thumb.jpg.5494a64f5f0c02304dd6cf664e4903e4.jpg

• Haha 9
  • Thank You 5

Alaythia Wissmann shared some fotos and videos. Including a video of the couple entering a room that looks like a dining room (reception? I'm not too familiar with the English words for wedding details.)

Anyways, look at them beaming with happiness 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240821_085227.thumb.jpg.c940d7dcd40d80962a275902496babd5.jpgScreenshot_20240821_085242.thumb.jpg.f1eeea91303d1f192b14501277306b12.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 14

Jill answers in the comments that she doesn’t know why she was not asked to be a bridesmaid (it’s up to the couple), that their kids only went to pre-wedding activities (they liked going childcare and space was tight) and that she of course would not miss the wedding.

She did not have to answer all those comments but I can imagine she is also annoyed by the speculations.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 12

40 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Jill answers in the comments that she doesn’t know why she was not asked to be a bridesmaid (it’s up to the couple), that their kids only went to pre-wedding activities (they liked going childcare and space was tight) and that she of course would not miss the wedding.

She did not have to answer all those comments but I can imagine she is also annoyed by the speculations.

Maybe Jill not being in the wedding party was JBs condition for footing (part of) the bill? 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It could very well be that Josie has neurological issues based on being born as micro preemie. Who knows if she received appropriate medical care if she had issues (which is speculation). If this is the case, her parents failed her even more than her neurotypical siblings.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Smash! said:

It could very well be that Josie has neurological issues based on being born as micro preemie. Who knows if she received appropriate medical care if she had issues (which is speculation). If this is the case, her parents failed her even more than her neurotypical siblings.

I do hope they got her any therapies she needed but who knows. It’s the Duggars. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

a

My husband is one of 9 kids. (Mennonite). Family Thanksgivings used to be around 50+ people. I think I have 19 or 20 nieces and nephews - but then some of THOSE kids had kids. (so my son is hanging out today with his cousin and his cousins kid who is a few years older than my son). I can't keep track anymore. 
But when we planned our wedding - there was a sweet little old church that I wanted to get married in - but it only fit 100 people and with his family being around 50- we'd have to exclude a lot of my smallish family (I have two sisters, neither married) 

So that wouldn't work... 

• Upvote 5

SO now that wedding is in the books, I have some thoughts and questions. We know that Jana has been taking classes at a community college, will she be able to continue her education in NE? How will Jana adjust to a much quieter living environment and no sisters or SILs right across the compound road? Will she cherish the solitude or will she pine for the lifestyle, friendships and family that she has left behind? I remember Jill commenting that the 2 biggest differences between her new home with DD was the quiet and how the day started and ended much earlier because DD had to go to work each day. 

My next questions surround the TTH compound and how many families and couples are living on those 40 acres. JB and M and their kids (James, Jason, Jackson and the 4 girls). M and her 7 kids. Joe,K and their 4 kids in the log cabin. Josiah, L and their 3 kids. What about Jed and his family, did they move Jessa’s old house to the compound?  In terms of those in living in campers, are all those campers parked on the compound? JD and A and kids, Jer, H and girls? H’s sister? Nathan B and his family? And I understand Joy might be back in a camper as her home is on the market. Wonder who will get to move to the She-shed?

Maybe JB’s dream of many of his kids living on the compound is being actualized. Wonder how he turns a buck on the whole thing?

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

They were married by the pastor of this Church.

https://glbcrogers.com/our-pastor

He's the father-in-law of Lauren's sister Lily, who married his son in May.

And there is your answer as to why they didn't have the wedding at the Duggar family church. Not big enough. Lily and her husband had to limit the guest list of their wedding due to spacing issues at Gospel Light. Outside of Lauren's kids and Lily's siblings, kids were not invited. Some people also couldn't bring a plus one. That church probably wouldn't have been big enough for Jana's wedding.

this is the Duggar family's church, right? their pastor married jed&katey as well. they have a "staff evangelist" as part of their leadership team....whatever the hell that even means lmao

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Meggo said:

My husband is one of 9 kids. (Mennonite). Family Thanksgivings used to be around 50+ people. I think I have 19 or 20 nieces and nephews - but then some of THOSE kids had kids. (so my son is hanging out today with his cousin and his cousins kid who is a few years older than my son). I can't keep track anymore. 
But when we planned our wedding - there was a sweet little old church that I wanted to get married in - but it only fit 100 people and with his family being around 50- we'd have to exclude a lot of my smallish family (I have two sisters, neither married) 

So that wouldn't work... 

my mom is one of 8. So I grew up in that larger family with a lot of cousins. It gets complicated with holidays and guest lists for sure. And my aunts and uncles all had smaller families.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Wonder who will get to move to the She-shed?

No one lived in the she shed.  The "little house" is yet another structure on the property.  The she shed is an actual garden shed.  Sometimes it gets hard keeping up with their structures.

I see Jana's new home already has a largish shed attached.  The yard at the new house needs quite a bit of TLC so Jana has basically a blank canvas to start work on.   Hopefully her classes will transfer to a program at the local community college so she can finish.  I'd like for her to be able to do at least that much.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

What about Jed and his family, did they move Jessa’s old house to the compound?

Jessa put the move on YouTube and the new location did not appear to be part of the compound (which is a significant distance from where the house had been located). 

• Thank You 2