IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

Whoever said Jana has reactivated her yt channel, was right. There is New film on her channel..."surprising my boyfriend at work" :)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

18 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Whoever said Jana has reactivated her yt channel, was right. There is New film on her channel..."surprising my boyfriend at work" :)

I watched it. They are not engaged when this was filmed, but it ends with they doing some DIY over at his house. Or their house. They do some DIY and "Pick out our design and renovate our home". So yes, maybe the formal engagement was June 15'th, but this was obviously in the cards for much longer. 

Edited by xenobia
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

After watching Jana’s more recent YouTube videos, I am saddened for the siblings that she is leaving behind (and nieces and nephews too). Jana clearly was a very active member of that household and was the catalyst to getting fun things done (and work too). Would there have been a pool installed had Jana not spearheaded the project? In the latest video Hannie seemed to be pretty outgoing and talkative. I wonder if she’ll be the new Jana at the TTH

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, fish_ca said:

Apparently there is a very non side hug on there. Also I have some more photos. No back penis touching but some lusty eyes from Jase and Jana’s honeymoon pic. 
Jase for the next expected wedding…

Spoiler

IMG_4558.thumb.jpeg.1f679b304b5e26a597e5a7cbcb78b59a.jpegIMG_4559.thumb.png.253798196d6eddae32deeb694f0ad7b4.pngIMG_4560.thumb.png.d8be338026d05cd304e7f1547d297d51.pngIMG_4561.thumb.png.ee65168d7322d79b212d615cdbf2d2d3.pngIMG_4560.thumb.png.d8be338026d05cd304e7f1547d297d51.png

Edit to add so

she was at the wedding. But not in the fam pic which is surprising. Heart pieces are allowed to be given now

without weddimg In immediate future. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 11

My first thought was "they have a Jase"? 

Next thought was: "they're not yet married and posing like this? And with bare shoulders?" 

They look lovely together. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I watched Jana’s video, she is definitely reactivating and I think we will get lots of little videos leading up to her documenting the house renovations. 

She stalks Stephen’s job site based on a photo he sent her, which is a little funny (especially when she doesn’t want to admit to him how she tracked him down) and her sisters are obviously enjoying participating in her surprise. 

she and Stephen seem very comfortable and happy together in the bits we saw in this video. How thrilled he was that she visited and the way he looked at her and yes a full hug. They seemed very much like a normal couple with the hugging and the hand holding and Jana in tight jeans. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 4

I'm guessing Jana guarded her heart pieces way better than the rest of the siblings, but doesn't seem like she settled for him.

• Upvote 11
  • Move Along 1

I assumed correctly that they’ve been working on the house together for awhile. Jana will put a video out about it soon. 

• Upvote 6

In the video, Jana comes off very secure in the fact that he loves her and that he will be very happy to see her and it is nice to see. I also like the fact that Jana is in a position none of her sisters were, in which she gets to choose what to share about her love story (and I think the personal details will be kept to a minimum) and she (well and Stephen) will be the only one profiting off it, not her father. 

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

3 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

In the video, Jana comes off very secure in the fact that he loves her and that he will be very happy to see her and it is nice to see. I also like the fact that Jana is in a position none of her sisters were, in which she gets to choose what to share about her love story (and I think the personal details will be kept to a minimum) and she (well and Stephen) will be the only one profiting off it, not her father. 

Who do you think contacted People mag about the upcoming nuptials and negotiated the contract? Which leads me to question what the priority was, privacy or the money associated with the magazine photos?

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Who do you think contacted People mag about the upcoming nuptials and negotiated the contract? Which leads me to question what the priority was, privacy or the money associated with the magazine photos?

It is a good question. Did Jim Bob do it or did Jana have enough savvy to do it herself? I do think the privacy was partially to keep the appeal of the wedding high to negotiate an exclusive and that she is restarting the YouTube channel to keep up that interest. I really do suspect t will be mostly renovation projects with a dash of personal life to keep people watching. This role out shows some media savvy and I am unsure if it is coming from Jana or someone else. 

• Upvote 10

Also in the video, Stephen got down on one knee and proposed with a ring pop. I don’t think it was his official proposal. I think he was just kidding around. I imagine his proposal was much more formal. 

• Upvote 11

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Also in the video, Stephen got down on one knee and proposed with a ring pop. I don’t think it was his official proposal. I think he was just kidding around. I imagine his proposal was much more formal. 

I do too. I think they were already talking about marriage by then (and actively working on the house) and that was just a cute, lighthearted moment. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

It is a good question. Did Jim Bob do it or did Jana have enough savvy to do it herself? I do think the privacy was partially to keep the appeal of the wedding high to negotiate an exclusive and that she is restarting the YouTube channel to keep up that interest. I really do suspect t will be mostly renovation projects with a dash of personal life to keep people watching. This role out shows some media savvy and I am unsure if it is coming from Jana or someone else. 

Jana willingly gave People an extensive interview. I think she was the catalyst here. 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Apparently there is a very non side hug on there. Also I have some more photos. No back penis touching but some lusty eyes from Jase and Jana’s honeymoon pic. 
Jase for the next expected wedding…

Hide contents

IMG_4558.thumb.jpeg.1f679b304b5e26a597e5a7cbcb78b59a.jpegIMG_4559.thumb.png.253798196d6eddae32deeb694f0ad7b4.pngIMG_4560.thumb.png.d8be338026d05cd304e7f1547d297d51.pngIMG_4561.thumb.png.ee65168d7322d79b212d615cdbf2d2d3.pngIMG_4560.thumb.png.d8be338026d05cd304e7f1547d297d51.png

Edit to add so

she was at the wedding. But not in the fam pic which is surprising. Heart pieces are allowed to be given now

without weddimg In immediate future. 

Looked like some possible penis/wrist contact in that 3rd photo lol. Just kidding!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Bet jb got most if not all of the money posed as “paying for the wedding”. 

3 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Looked like some possible penis/wrist contact in that 3rd photo lol. Just kidding!

I did go back and check. And you may be right lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Bet jb got most if not all of the money posed as “paying for the wedding”. 

I did go back and check. And you may be right lol 

I LOVE YOU. 😘

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2024 at 11:32 AM, just_ordinary said:

Anyway- a sibling relationship is the longest relationship one has (if you don’t go no contact or there is an early death). Naturally they will have ups and downs. You are closer to some than others and even that can change. Sometimes a healthy and good relationship can also mean having a more distant one. If you think that it will easily be a 60+ year relationship- just having little contact for 15 years isn’t really that much. People change, people get hurt, people rekindle….. who knows what the future holds for them.

This! There are a million reasons why relationships change and shift over time, not just with siblings, with friends too. Even in completely healthy relationships. Depending on what stage of life you’re in, whether you go to university or vocational school, always stay in your hometown or go live abroad, how much you have in common may change over time.

I remember having a really close friend in university. I moved to a different city, she stayed close to her hometown. She started a family and had a baby soon after finishing university, I went on to have a career, travel and live abroad… we suddenly didn’t have all that much in common anymore, our lives had simply become so different. Add to that the geographical distance… 

I know siblings are different, but still your lives and often also your personalities change. As children you grow up together, you have a certain place and role in your family, and while you may be older or younger, all of you are children, you see each other every day, you know about their most private memories, happy or sad, simply because you live together and share most events growing up.

It’s completely normal that these relationships (and how close you feel to a sibling) change and evolve as you grow up and become adults and don’t share your everyday lives anymore.

• Upvote 16

On 8/23/2024 at 4:32 AM, just_ordinary said:

Anyway- a sibling relationship is the longest relationship one has (if you don’t go no contact or there is an early death). Naturally they will have ups and downs. You are closer to some than others and even that can change. Sometimes a healthy and good relationship can also mean having a more distant one. If you think that it will easily be a 60+ year relationship- just having little contact for 15 years isn’t really that much. People change, people get hurt, people rekindle….. who knows what the future holds for them.

I'm still learning about sibling relationships and I'm in a large-ish family and nearly 70 years old. I have been closer to different sisters over the years. The loss of our mother last year (Dad died over 30 years ago) led to yet another iteration of which siblings are close. Oddly, my remaining sisters have abandoned me and I find myself closest to my closest in age brother. This is the oddest iteration of our relationships that life has shown me! I've always been the truth teller and so have been considered an oddball. My sister who was the scapegoat passed away a couple of years ago. Lucky me, that opened up the scapegoat role and my mean girl sisters decided I should hold that spot. I don't care enough anymore about being close to them. I'm a better person when I'm low contact with my sarcastic, gossipy, judgmental sisters. Yes, I have joined in at times in the past and I don't like being that person! Maybe Jill and Jana aren't very close at this time. Maybe they never were very close. Jana is finally free of the TTH and will have physical distance from her parents, who heaped so much responsibility on her young head. She may have some life experiences that bring her and Jill closef one day. Or they may not. I'm interested, but not invested in what the future holds for them. Life brings surprises. I hope she mostly has happy ones! 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 13

On 8/24/2024 at 6:46 AM, indianabones said:

Jana and Stephen are honeymooning at an all-inclusive resort in St. Lucia. Someone in the Duggars Snark subreddit found a photo he posted of them on the (very recognizable) beach.

St Lucia is a beautiful island. Good for them. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I LOVE YOU. 😘

Sending you some love from down under too xoxox right back at ya babe!!! 

5 hours ago, Ashley Ocean said:

I'm still learning about sibling relationships and I'm in a large-ish family and nearly 70 years old. I have been closer to different sisters over the years. The loss of our mother last year (Dad died over 30 years ago) led to yet another iteration of which siblings are close. Oddly, my remaining sisters have abandoned me and I find myself closest to my closest in age brother. This is the oddest iteration of our relationships that life has shown me! I've always been the truth teller and so have been considered an oddball. My sister who was the scapegoat passed away a couple of years ago. Lucky me, that opened up the scapegoat role and my mean girl sisters decided I should hold that spot. I don't care enough anymore about being close to them. I'm a better person when I'm low contact with my sarcastic, gossipy, judgmental sisters. Yes, I have joined in at times in the past and I don't like being that person! Maybe Jill and Jana aren't very close at this time. Maybe they never were very close. Jana is finally free of the TTH and will have physical distance from her parents, who heaped so much responsibility on her young head. She may have some life experiences that bring her and Jill closef one day. Or they may not. I'm interested, but not invested in what the future holds for them. Life brings surprises. I hope she mostly has happy ones! 

Holy shit! Still happening at 70???? Fuck that! we ride at dawn. Us youngins on here well I’m 45 so not that young will ride in and settle them down for you lol. 
I ain’t got time for that shit at 45 let alone 70. They must have been insufferable when younger if they are this bad in retirement age. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 3

Sometimes I wish I had a larger family that got along so we could have holidays and reunions together, but my actual extended family just sucks so I certainly don't wish it was them.  Chosen family is way better anyhow.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 12

Jana had began riding her cash cow wedding (no snark, girl was a slave for years may as well make some cash of her families notoriety). By promoting her YouTube.  Will be interesting to see how invested she becomes in making this an income stream and how willing S is to Participate. Will he be an Evan (Carlin bates) or a Chad (Erin bates). 
oh and a Jer post. 
I like his comment. I would have been disappointed if there was not some kind of reference to siblings marrying siblings. 

Spoiler

IMG_4604.thumb.png.2883e457eca52e8f8096c31b8386b950.pngIMG_4604.thumb.png.2883e457eca52e8f8096c31b8386b950.pngIMG_4603.thumb.png.efc79d266a101cdbe062c45bd1953390.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Jer’s post is kinda cute. 

watching Jana’s video, Johannah comes off way more outgoing and vivacious than Jennie, she seems very talkative and nnergetic and Jennie definitely seems quieter. 

• Upvote 7

Oh also. I love that she picked the front hug as her screen grab lol that was totally not on purpose. Ba ha ha 

• Upvote 6