IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

Since Jer and Hannah are siblings to Jana and Stephen, you would think one of them would be in the wedding party. But I guess it’s because they are opposite sex siblings. If it was 2 sisters married to 2 brothers it might be different. 

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since Jer and Hannah are siblings to Jana and Stephen, you would think one of them would be in the wedding party. But I guess it’s because they are opposite sex siblings. If it was 2 sisters married to 2 brothers it might be different. 

I thought similar also. 

• Upvote 3

So… awkward question… does a fundie parent sit down with a 30 plus year old bride and groom and tell them about the birds and the bees or do they trust that the news has filtered through from friends/siblings by that stage?!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 14

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Sending you some love from down under too xoxox right back at ya babe!!! 

Holy shit! Still happening at 70???? Fuck that! we ride at dawn. Us youngins on here well I’m 45 so not that young will ride in and settle them down for you lol. 
I ain’t got time for that shit at 45 let alone 70. They must have been insufferable when younger if they are this bad in retirement age. 

Ride or die! I love how we all have each other's backs here.

• Haha 1
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, Boats said:

So… awkward question… does a fundie parent sit down with a 30 plus year old bride and groom and tell them about the birds and the bees or do they trust that the news has filtered through from friends/siblings by that stage?!

I bet all the fundie parents give their kids a copy of that Christian sex book I can’t remember the name of. And that’s their talk. 

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Sending you some love from down under too xoxox right back at ya babe!!! 

Holy shit! Still happening at 70???? Fuck that! we ride at dawn. Us youngins on here well I’m 45 so not that young will ride in and settle them down for you lol. 
I ain’t got time for that shit at 45 let alone 70. They must have been insufferable when younger if they are this bad in retirement age. 

It's good to know that I have back-up! I guess I'm a slow learner when it comes to family. Being in my family is like being in high school for life, lol. I had to drop out to find myself! We keep it civil, but distant. Found friends are much better than family, at least in my situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

1 hour ago, Ashley Ocean said:

It's good to know that I have back-up! I guess I'm a slow learner when it comes to family. Being in my family is like being in high school for life, lol. I had to drop out to find myself! We keep it civil, but distant. Found friends are much better than family, at least in my situation.

We really need a “hugs” emoji response. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet all the fundie parents give their kids a copy of that Christian sex book I can’t remember the name of. And that’s their talk. 

Isn't there a DVD as well? I recall footage of Anna and Yuck-o watching a DVD. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

Isn't there a DVD as well? I recall footage of Anna and Yuck-o watching a DVD. 

I think they listened to the CD not a DVD. Though I’m sure Josh wished there was a DVD 🤢

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they listened to the CD not a DVD. Though I’m sure Josh wished there was a DVD 🤢

Brain bleach brain bleach lol we need that emoji response  too 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it was „Intended for Pleasure“ and I have no idea why I remember that weird shit. 🤪

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

Good Lord do folks think that Jana and Stephen received this CD at their ages? Age appropriate BOUNDARIES, folks, boundaries.

F…do you guys think JB has a checklist much like his 50 page questionnaire? Does he check off each task as it’s completed? Questionnaire completed, check . Sex talk CD dispensed, check. BC abstinence contract signed, check. Never to question JB’s authority contract signed, check…

And you know that questionnaire has to address BC use…so do they all just lie? Do the females have a questionnaire too? 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Good Lord to folks think that Jana and Stephen received this CD at their ages? Age appropriate BOUNDARIES, folks, boundaries.

I wish JB knew what age appropriate boundaries were. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Brain bleach brain bleach lol we need that emoji response  too 

:brainbleach:  Not on the reaction’s list, but it’s on the emoji one…

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

46 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I think it was „Intended for Pleasure“ and I have no idea why I remember that weird shit. 🤪

Ironic, considering their whole argument is that it's "procreation, not recreation."

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

Ironic, considering their whole argument is that it's "procreation, not recreation."

Most fundies, of the evangelical varieties, do not hold to the idea of physical intimacy as procreation not recreation, hence the joyfully available tagline. 

So, hardline old school Catholics allow natural family planning, but hardline Protestant fundies do not allow ANY form of birth control, even fertility avoidance. 

So, they hold that constant sexual availability, recreational and procreative, is necessary so that men don’t stray and so the men have a righteous way to fulfill their urges. 

If, as a female, your urge is to take a nap or simply not engage in sexual activities, that is irrelevant. His urges dictate your availability, joyful availability! 

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 7
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

28 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

Most fundies, of the evangelical varieties, do not hold to the idea of physical intimacy as procreation not recreation, hence the joyfully available tagline. 

So, hardline old school Catholics allow natural family planning, but hardline Protestant fundies do not allow ANY form of birth control, even fertility avoidance. 

Probably me just putting my own interpretation on it. I consider it "procreation not recreation" if you're not allowed "artificial" birth control methods because you're denying even the slim possibility of conception (never mind birth control failure rates) .

I grew up Catholic and went to Catholic school K-12, and we were taught that "sex is intended for married couples to procreate (but that doesn't mean you weren't meant to enjoy it!)". Abstinence while married is acceptable because of some Bible passage where the groom decided to stay up all night praying instead of sleeping with his wife, which is how NFP is justified.

Edited by Mrs. Kravitz
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Surprisingly detailed and much more focused on women’s pleasure than I would of thought. 

• Upvote 5

I may have switched my Amazon account from the family one to my own personal one before clicking that link 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

On 8/24/2024 at 10:42 PM, CanadianMamam said:

It is a good question. Did Jim Bob do it or did Jana have enough savvy to do it herself? I do think the privacy was partially to keep the appeal of the wedding high to negotiate an exclusive and that she is restarting the YouTube channel to keep up that interest. I really do suspect t will be mostly renovation projects with a dash of personal life to keep people watching. This role out shows some media savvy and I am unsure if it is coming from Jana or someone else. 

Don't they still employ a PR firm?  If not I'd imagine JB did it all.

I'm actually happy for Jana. I hope if she does still want kids of her own that that happens easily for her. If not, I hope she's got the guy she really wants.

• Upvote 6

I can't imagine JB is still paying a PR firm.  We see very little about them plus every story that runs is another opportunity for the magazine, blog, etc. to repeat the Josh story.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 8/27/2024 at 1:28 PM, Boats said:

Well that was a rabbit hole of Amazon reviews I never intended to fall down…🤣

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240828-162413_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7c1f0a690082731727722e4f33acf483.jpg

I'd love to know what he was hoping for. Ammo for oral?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Some more wedding spam from Joy for those who don’t have social media. 

Spoiler

IMG_4641.thumb.png.da0b73f4d0498271b62cbadf23f6c352.pngIMG_4642.thumb.png.611b21089b5d35914d843fcf886fc239.pngIMG_4643.thumb.png.044d751fdde3844fdd931b67bf243428.pngIMG_4644.thumb.png.67386a6ed4fe83b43468fda758437252.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 17