IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

In her IG stories, Jana shared a bunch of photos that her siblings shared: James, Joy, JD, Jer, Jinger, Jason. I guess Jill didn’t make the cut for this either...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, JDuggs said:

In her IG stories, Jana shared a bunch of photos that her siblings shared: James, Joy, JD, Jer, Jinger, Jason. I guess Jill didn’t make the cut for this either...

To be fair I do think she shared Jill’s reel a few days ago. They expire after 24 hours. Also here are some more pics I came across online I had not seen before. Sorry if they have been shared previously. 
I assume it’s a praying pic. It looks like a crying pic lol 

Hannie and Jordyn are just such pretty young girls. So sad they are and will be on the market soon to be married. 

Spoiler

IMG_4651.thumb.png.9477410d67e3c9016678d0926b9790dc.pngIMG_4652.thumb.png.0728e8704702a78e9f163b38c14aa1fb.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 9

5 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

To be fair I do think she shared Jill’s reel a few days ago. They expire after 24 hours. Also here are some more pics I came across online I had not seen before. Sorry if they have been shared previously. 
I assume it’s a praying pic. It looks like a crying pic lol 

Hannie and Jordyn are just such pretty young girls. So sad they are and will be on the market soon to be married. 

Hide contents

IMG_4651.thumb.png.9477410d67e3c9016678d0926b9790dc.pngIMG_4652.thumb.png.0728e8704702a78e9f163b38c14aa1fb.png

Maybe it's just me, she looks like she almost going to cry in the first pic. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and she's just overwhelmed with happiness 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurkerOG said:

Maybe it's just me, she looks like she almost going to cry in the first pic. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and she's just overwhelmed with happiness 

YEP, she can't believe she is almost free from JB...tears of joy 😁

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

To be fair I do think she shared Jill’s reel a few days ago. They expire after 24 hours.  

Oh thanks! I obviously didn’t see that. I just thought the “siblings montage” would have included everyone who posted something.

• Upvote 3

I struggle to identify the younger girls these days! Can someone explain who is who? 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I struggle to identify the younger girls these days! Can someone explain who is who? 

In the photo of the bridesmaids looking at Jana and Jana's back to the camera where the photo is shot at a diagonal angle, Johannah is on the far left and Jordyn is on the far right. In the middle is Joy, Jinger, and Abbie (JD's wife).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Oh thanks! I obviously didn’t see that. I just thought the “siblings montage” would have included everyone who posted something.

I’ve seen her post photos of her with Jill and family, JD and family, individual siblings with the two of them… Can you imagine how exhausting that was! With 30 siblings between the two of them, and it appears they did individual posed portraits with any of them who wanted to. Yikes. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Joy looks fantastic too. I always thought she was such a natural beauty. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

New video is up. Tour of fixer upper

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I watched it. Her father was there helping 🤢 along with some younger sisters. There is 3 bedrooms and a bath, kitchen, and living space upstairs and two more bedrooms and a bathroom along with an open area and utility room in the basement. I didn't see an exit out of the basement, which made me feel anxiety over those rooms being used as potential bedrooms (she could've just not shown it or I missed it). Another anxiety-provoking moment was when one of the sisters was bare-foot and straddling the wall and handrail going to the basement while painting. 😬 She also said Steve had re-finished the kitchen cabinets, but now "they" decided they were going to do something different with the kitchen and rip them out instead. Also what looked like wood floors, they ripped those out and it looked like maybe replacing with laminate. Jana referenced pinterest several times and some computer decorating/designing program. She must be happy to have her own house to work on now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

I’m such a mom because I about had a heart attack seeing Hannie straddle that stairway to paint! It’s funny because Jana is absolutely the boss of that house project. I think Stephen just lets her do what she wants with the house and goes with the flow. Because he owned that house before they got back together. He had been doing work on it and now Jana is probably taking over the project. Like the kitchen. I imagine their kids will be in the basement rooms when they are older and the nursery will be the other bedroom on the main floor. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 8/29/2024 at 12:25 AM, MariaariaM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20240828-162413_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7c1f0a690082731727722e4f33acf483.jpg

I'd love to know what he was hoping for. Ammo for oral?

My guess is some sort of biblical case for why his wife should screw him as often as he wants when they're married, rather than a how-to manual on making sex enjoyable. There's a section in there about easing in and enjoying kissing and touching to arouse one another, maybe not going full penetration on the wedding night. Also chapters on vaginismus (which is super common in evangelical marriages) and other reasons to not have as much penetrative sex as Mr Man wants.

I've been gifted that book twice. Don't have either copy anymore though. Fun fact: Christian sex books did not "cure" me of my asexuality.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 14

On 8/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, Mrs. Kravitz said:

Ironic, considering their whole argument is that it's "procreation, not recreation."

Is that the one that recommended putting the toothpain stuff [don't snort] Orajel [something like that] on the bride's hoo-ha and manually stretching it? Then using more of that stuff so she wouldn't be in pain so the groom can do it all he wants and she won't realize her insides are raw meat? Yeah, I thought so. And, yes, you're welcome! LOL

• Disgust 5
  • WTF 16

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m such a mom because I about had a heart attack seeing Hannie straddle that stairway to paint! It’s funny because Jana is absolutely the boss of that house project. I think Stephen just lets her do what she wants with the house and goes with the flow. Because he owned that house before they got back together. He had been doing work on it and now Jana is probably taking over the project. Like the kitchen. I imagine their kids will be in the basement rooms when they are older and the nursery will be the other bedroom on the main floor. 

That was my thought with those basement bedrooms as well. I really, really hope this will be a flip house for them a year or so from now and no kids will be sleeping in the basement without a walk-out way to escape.

• I Agree 3

I would rip out that kitchen too. I bet Jana is going to try and open up the space, because that kitchen is tight. Stephen does seem really happy to let her do whatever she wants and I’m sure she appreciates that. She seems very excited about the house project, 

• Upvote 7

I think the legal rules for basement bedrooms is that the windows have to be egress. They have to be able to open them and climb out of the bedroom to be legally called a bedroom. Yes, I have seen people put kids in basement bedrooms without these safety windows. So scary. 

• Upvote 9

They can dig out an egress window well if necessary. I’ve seen people do that.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

I think the legal rules for basement bedrooms is that the windows have to be egress. They have to be able to open them and climb out of the bedroom to be legally called a bedroom. Yes, I have seen people put kids in basement bedrooms without these safety windows. So scary. 

Erika Shupe is a notorious one around here.

In the video Jana posted, at 1:47 by my eyes it looks like you'd climb out the window and then there's essentially a pit and a ladder up it? Which could be a lot better but also could be a lot worse.

• Upvote 5

As much as I hate JB getting screen time in these videos, after all the years of free (or at least very underpaid) labor that Jana provided with his flip properties, childcare, and other tasks, it is nice to see him giving a little back now with Jana's house.

• Upvote 18

12 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

As much as I hate JB getting screen time in these videos, after all the years of free (or at least very underpaid) labor that Jana provided with his flip properties, childcare, and other tasks, it is nice to see him giving a little back now with Jana's house.

I'm too repulsed by him to even give him this. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Erika Shupe is a notorious one around here.

In the video Jana posted, at 1:47 by my eyes it looks like you'd climb out the window and then there's essentially a pit and a ladder up it? Which could be a lot better but also could be a lot worse.

Yes, it looked like the basement windows already comply with egress requirements. I wouldn't have a problem living in the basement.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I would rip out that kitchen too. I bet Jana is going to try and open up the space, because that kitchen is tight. Stephen does seem really happy to let her do whatever she wants and I’m sure she appreciates that. She seems very excited about the house project, 

Would that be possible? It seems like it bumps up against the basement stairs.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Another anxiety-provoking moment was when one of the sisters was bare-foot and straddling the wall and handrail going to the basement while painting. 😬 

I had to go watch that and I can't believe Jana posted that segment. No wonder she's getting criticized. She could have left it out.

Other than that, what a big house for being the first house you buy. Many others have started out with a lot smaller house (Carlin, Zac, Jessa, Alyssa e.g.). Or an RV. The layout is not the kind we have where I live, but I could live with it. 

• Upvote 2