IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joe is only 13 months younger than Jinger so they’ve probably always been close. 

Michelle had Jessa Jinger and Joe in rapid succession. Each 13 months apart. Not all of her pregnancies were that close. 

I don’t even have my uterus anymore and that made my uterus hurt!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 5

21 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I don’t even have my uterus anymore and that made my uterus hurt!

Yeah no wonder Michelle had her laundry room breakdown when she had 7 kids. Joe was #7! 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurkerOG said:

Joe... I remember the episode when they were picking him up from Alert and Jinger was so anxious and happy to see him.

Yes, that felt particularly honest and heartfelt. I have been watching old episodes so I can have a better understanding of them and so many times everything just felt off or not quite right. So much of the series featured very stilted or unnatural conversations. 

I have wondered how anyone watched this show, in the beginning, and thought it was real or natural. From the very beginning, the children all speak and behave so stiffly or use extraordinarily odd phrases and they all parroted the same exact phrases. It was so strange. 

There were moments, like picking up Joe, that seemed spontaneous and genuine, but they were few and far between. 

The episode where Jill made friends on a mission-cation and cried when she had to leave also felt real. Jill seemed to actually see the people there as actual people and care about them in a real and meaningful manner. 

Jill may have been their easiest child and seemed the most on board with the cult but she was the first to express seeing other people as individuals and not just marks for the cult. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jenny and Hannie went with all the Wissmanns to the festival that the Wissmanns perform at every year. I’m glad Jenny and Hannie are allowed to hang out with all the Wissmanns. I know they are just as fundie as the Duggars. But I always wonder how much the youngest girls get to socialize. I feel like the Duggars socialized a lot when almost all the kids were at home and they were filming. I imagine JB and Michelle socialize a bit less now that they don’t have a film crew and only have like 5 kids regularly in the house. 

Do people in their circle even want to socialize with them? Their dirty laundry is out, people know their oldest molested his sisters, looked a child sexual abuse images, lied about it, and they covered for him. Who knows how many more victims Josh has? I wouldn’t want to socialize with Jim Bob and Michelle either, but their remaining children would be welcome in my home. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joe is only 13 months younger than Jinger so they’ve probably always been close. 

Michelle had Jessa Jinger and Joe in rapid succession. Each 13 months apart. Not all of her pregnancies were that close. 

My uterus just jumped out of me and hid in the closet. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

On 9/1/2024 at 4:36 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Here is Jinger’s wedding pic dump. I’ll include the non wedding ones too. I should put them in her thread but I’m sitting in my car uploading them before going into work. So to be faster I’ll do them here. It kind of looks like they made Jenni and Josie junior bridesmaids. 

Hide contents

IMG_4767.thumb.png.a86174ab32fe272cb12adb8c2eb9c4f7.pngIMG_4768.thumb.png.0eec87f3d22b887b1912dabe14b5bcd5.pngIMG_4769.thumb.png.2f827a5a968479b36c3e7afef0773bbc.pngIMG_4770.thumb.png.e9d471ca7619cf2ad8cbf8fd2053e930.pngIMG_4771.thumb.png.45308ae7c376512695b96a683b4e98ad.pngIMG_4772.thumb.png.2d3dcc56e39e8a5cd3bbfef01e0b86aa.pngIMG_4773.thumb.png.a5fd8e6456b24c7b8c298552624de0c3.pngIMG_4774.thumb.png.1a5a816d5427945b4b20d0be0e51fd77.pngIMG_4775.thumb.png.c3a052583a3ca8b6f47a25dd3c7ff19d.pngIMG_4776.thumb.png.7605953c60a136118249e1c36802e5b0.pngIMG_4777.thumb.png.8d850a6a0adf3c8155b6cc2b666b3316.pngIMG_4778.thumb.png.3c66628cc2d3e30d765affdacb1d4054.png

IMG_4779.png

Abbie is very pretty but that level of fake tanner had me thinking she was Halle Berry as Storm.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

that one photo makes it seem like Jenni and Josie were the flower girl wranglers, lol. two teenagers and 10 tiny girls....i forget, have we seen pics of a whole gaggle of little ring bearers from this wedding?

There were close to 20 flower girls! All the niece between 1-7 from both sides. There weren’t any ring bearers listed on the program but there two little boys in tuxes: Stephen’s nephew from his brother Josiah and Charlie. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

On 9/2/2024 at 6:36 AM, GreenBeans said:

Yes, I’ve always thought she looked like Michelle. 

She looks so much prettier in the photo without (or little) makeup.

All the Duggar daughters have so much make up caked on in these wedding pictures, Jana included. I think it looks really fake and plastic-y. Jana doesn’t even look like herself, she looks really generic, a bit like a stock photo. More power to them if they like the look, but I like natural looks a lot better.

In fairness, I know *many* wedding photographers and they all say that the makeup that looks like it's way too much in person photographs really well. It's similar to how stage performers or TV performers will all be wearing a ton of makeup. It translates to film well, and people want good wedding pictures. Obviously that's entirely up to the people in the wedding and what kind of look they're going for and the comfort level and all that and it's certainly not a requirement for nice pictures, but there is an actual reason for it at events like a wedding. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Holy cannoli!!! Howdy everyone. I was gone for some months and lo and behold, Jana is married??? Most shockingly, everything looks classy/appropriate and they look happy. Wow. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Holy cannoli!!! Howdy everyone. I was gone for some months and lo and behold, Jana is married??? Most shockingly, everything looks classy/appropriate and they look happy. Wow. 

Welcome Back!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AverageGiraffe said:

In fairness, I know *many* wedding photographers and they all say that the makeup that looks like it's way too much in person photographs really well. It's similar to how stage performers or TV performers will all be wearing a ton of makeup. It translates to film well, and people want good wedding pictures. Obviously that's entirely up to the people in the wedding and what kind of look they're going for and the comfort level and all that and it's certainly not a requirement for nice pictures, but there is an actual reason for it at events like a wedding. 

And yet she looks orange and her hair looks like a wig. I don't get how the pics went so wrong when usually even in day-to-day photos she's gorgeous and her hair is lovely.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Welcome back!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Anyone else been stalking YouTube all week hoping for a new fixer upper video from Jana? Just me? Okay.... :)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

On 9/4/2024 at 6:45 PM, AverageGiraffe said:

In fairness, I know *many* wedding photographers and they all say that the makeup that looks like it's way too much in person photographs really well. It's similar to how stage performers or TV performers will all be wearing a ton of makeup. It translates to film well, and people want good wedding pictures.

Yes, but that’s what I meant. We’ve only seen pictures, and it looks caked on. How much worse must it have looked in person? I don’t think those are “good” pictures, either (unless Jana wanted to look like a generic stock photo).

But I guess tastes in makeup are different for everyone.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Anyone else been stalking YouTube all week hoping for a new fixer upper video from Jana? Just me? Okay.... :)

Me- I am the one hiding behind the palm tree.

• Haha 15

Jana just posted a new video on YT about venue and wedding dress shopping. 

Edited by Baba O'Riley
  • Thank You 5

I watched Jana’s new video. Annoyingly, I had to finish baking before reporting back to y’all. First they visit the wedding venue, which only opened in January. It really is gorgeous. There’s a long, tree-lined driveway before the impressive exterior. Inside, they see the groom’s suite and then the bride’s suite. Both are huge and decorated very nicely. The bridal suite has a line of beauty shop chairs in front of individual mirrors for the bridesmaids, and big changing rooms. Jessa (with George), Abbie, and Joy are with Jana. Everyone oohs and ahhhs. They see the area for ceremonies, which is huge and vaguely cathedral-like, with big windows that flood it with natural light. Jana announces that this is it; they won’t visit any other potential venues.

The bridesmaids tell Jana (who explained this in a later shot) that they’re together and have time, so they need to go wedding dress shopping. (Presumably Michelle and Mrs. Wissmann are over it by now.) So it’s off to the bridal shop, where Jana piles up seven dresses in five minutes, according to Joy. The one she chooses is exactly like the “inspiration” dress photo she brought (which she shows us after selecting the dress). There’s no mention of whatever event led to her having a gown altered the day before her wedding.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9

Grrr.... I waited all week for a new video from Jana and it was a stupid venue/dress video and not a fixer-upper video.  How disappointing!

I found it interesting the JB and Michelle were not along to look at the venue, or that Michelle didn't go dress shopping.  This, combined with the tiny house, pants-wearing, college, etc. make me think Jana has possibly distanced herself from her parents quite a bit more than we may have expected and was really living life somewhat independently.

Anyway, Jana teases they will be back soon with more house updates.  She better deliver and not give us a video of wedding cake taste testing next. ;)

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I was kind of surprised that Michelle wasn’t there. Not that I wanted to see her but she’s local and that is her daughter. 

Also pleasantly surprised by the non-mention of modesty, meaning the Duggar’s standards, not mainstream society.  The first one had a tank top bodice with some see-through lace at the waist part so I thought that one may get a comment. I was also a little surpised at the one halter top one.  It was very fitted. But she did look great in every one. Glad she found one she wanted. Good for her for marching to her own best, even if it’s tiny steps. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

There’s no mention of whatever event led to her having a gown altered the day before her wedding.

The video shows them adding the pieces to make the top part look more like the inspiration photo. Dress was from David's Bridal, a wedding dress chain for those outside the US. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

None of her dresses she tried on fit the modesty standards the others had to abide by in the past. I’m not surprised she found it so easily. Once you are 34, I think you know what you want. And Jana went in knowing exactly what she wanted. Jana isn’t the type to make some huge ridiculous party and show out of wedding dress shopping. They did so much stuff for the show that I assumed Jana would never do if they didn’t have a camera shoved in their face and JB dictating things. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

The video shows them adding the pieces to make the top part look more like the inspiration photo. Dress was from David's Bridal, a wedding dress chain for those outside the US. 

I know, but I’m sure someone as organized as Jana did that well in advance. Did a niece or nephew spill grape juice on it or something? 

• Upvote 1

I’m holding out a very thin hope that she’s pregnant and that’s why she needed the dress altered. I know there’s no way, but that would be such a glorious deviation from Duggar standards! 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 1

Joy seemed more excited about the dress shopping than Jana did. I am also not surprised that Jana had a clear idea of what she wanted and that while she wasn’t married to that idea, she did end up with that style of dress. I feel like by Jana’s age, you have a pretty good idea of your own personal style. 

On 9/7/2024 at 8:58 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

. There’s no mention of whatever event led to her having a gown altered the day before her wedding.

I am wondering if it was something like changing her shoes at the last minute and needing to hem the dress more. The video highlighted how short Jana is and that a lot of the dresses were really long on her. So if she went with a shorter heel at the last minute, I could see needing to re-hem the dress. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Joy seemed more excited about the dress shopping than Jana did. I am also not surprised that Jana had a clear idea of what she wanted and that while she wasn’t married to that idea, she did end up with that style of dress. I feel like by Jana’s age, you have a pretty good idea of your own personal style. 

I am wondering if it was something like changing her shoes at the last minute and needing to hem the dress more. The video highlighted how short Jana is and that a lot of the dresses were really long on her. So if she went with a shorter heel at the last minute, I could see needing to re-hem the dress. 

The woman who did the alterations said that they had the initial and final fittings on the same day, so it sounds like more than a hem.

• Upvote 2