IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The woman who did the alterations said that they had the initial and final fittings on the same day, so it sounds like more than a hem.

I mean for my wedding dress, hemming it was actually the most complicated alteration because of the beading and the cut of the skirt. Her skirt looks pretty plain, so no embroidery to worry about but it could still have been tricky to hem and she would have also needed to try it on with the shoes, etc, if it was the hem. It might not have been that, but I think it is a definite possibility. 

• Upvote 4

I’m tall so basically no wedding dress I tried on needed to be hemmed 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m tall so basically no wedding dress I tried on needed to be hemmed 😂

that is a good thing, no tricky fabric or under layers to have to worry about!

I wanted the hem on my dress replaced. I wanted to add colour to the bottom of the dress. But it was the beading of the original dress, not the added fabric that as the problem. 

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't be surprised if that who scene at the Bridal store was scripted. The store was pretty empty. If there had been other customers there, there would have been a chance that Jana's gown would be leaked. It's more likely that Jana already picked out her gown even before she was engaged, knowing she'd have a tight deadline for all the planning. It's highly unlikely that she would go dress shopping without her mother. 

No one seemed terribly excited, etc.

• Upvote 4

She got it at David’s Bridal. They are basically where you go if you are on a tight timeline. My friend got married with two weeks notice and got her dress at DB. They have a ton of sizes in stock at any time. 

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

She got it at David’s Bridal. They are basically where you go if you are on a tight timeline. My friend got married with two weeks notice and got her dress at DB. They have a ton of sizes in stock at any time. 

Has that shop been on a tv show or something? I’m Australian it’s a not a chain here, but I know of it somehow and I can’t place how.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Has that shop been on a tv show or something? I’m Australian it’s a not a chain here, but I know of it somehow and I can’t place how.

Oh it’s a very common chain here in the US. I’m sure you’ve heard of it in passing. 

The Duggars always went to Miss Renee right? 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

The Bates family went to David's for at least one dress.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The Bates family went to David's for at least one dress.

Katie's failed dress, IIRC.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

It's not one shop; it's a national chain. TLC tends to show more boutique brands. I don't think they've been shown on any shows, but I'm not sure. While they can have expensive dresses, they also have dresses that are much cheaper than most of the boutique places. It's kind of like a department store for weddings. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Katie's failed dress, IIRC.

No, Katie’s failed dress was from a boutique in Orlando. 

Didn’t Erin’s dress come from David’s Bridal and then she altered the heck out of it? I thought that was the story. 

• Upvote 4

Jana posted another video. They must have gotten a good deal on the those cabinets and flooring in AR. That's the only reason why I can think they got them in AR and then had to drive them all the way to Nebraska.

• Upvote 6

So it didn’t take long-I totally saw Jana and Stephen at Costco in Lincoln yesterday! There isn’t much of note-they were friendly. She smiled when she noticed that I recognized her. We were coming towards each other in an aisle. A couple minutes later I saw them getting samples and chatting with the worker. Stephen is cute. I actually saw him first.

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Thank You 3

On 9/10/2024 at 6:10 AM, CanadianMamam said:

No, Katie’s failed dress was from a boutique in Orlando. 

Didn’t Erin’s dress come from David’s Bridal and then she altered the heck out of it? I thought that was the story. 

I don't think it was the boutiques fault. She sent it to a different place to be altered after she picked it up, and they were the ones that screwed it up, IIRC.

ETA: It was only like a week or two before a wedding. Miss Renee came in and saved the day. Katie was able to get a dress off the rack luckily, and it ended up being a beautiful dress. Very classic.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

On 9/9/2024 at 6:09 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I got married for the first time as a very much older bride. I was working full time at a fairly demanding job and just didn't have much time to do all the bride things.  

I went dress shopping in April for the wedding at the end of May.  One sales lady at a bridal shop asked me when I was getting married and when I told her, she said (not very calmly), "May? THIS YEAR?".  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

I say this all tongue and cheek, because I realize Jana owes us exactly NOTHING in terms of content.  But I was disappointed in today's video. Felt very dialed in.  Basically, I will save you all 8 minutes of your life: Jana, James, and "Pops" pick up cabinets and tile from a store in Arkansas.  I suspect Boob has some kind of connection, or brokered a deal to get them at a discount somehow. They have vehicle trouble an hour out (shocking) so they return home to switch out trucks. Then the trailer is too heavy causing it to fishtail so the James and Jana move 1000lbs of tile to the back of the pickup truck.  Then they arrive in Nebraska and unload the cabinets at Jana's house.  Finally, they replace the back door and a small section of subfloor because it was rotted.  The end.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

3 hours ago, Monkeywrench said:

Stephen is cute. I actually saw him first.

100% read this as you preparing to fight Jana for Stephen, you saw him first!

• Haha 22
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I say this all tongue in cheek, because I realize Jana owes us exactly NOTHING in terms of content.  But I was disappointed in today's video. Felt very dialed in.  Basically, I will save you all 8 minutes of your life: Jana, James, and "Pops" pick up cabinets and tile from a store in Arkansas.  I suspect Boob has some kind of connection, or brokered a deal to get them at a discount somehow. They have vehicle trouble an hour out (shocking) so they return home to switch out trucks. Then the trailer is too heavy causing it to fishtail so the James and Jana move 1000lbs of tile to the back of the pickup truck.  Then they arrive in Nebraska and unload the cabinets at Jana's house.  Finally, they replace the back door and a small section of subfloor because it was rotted.  The end.  

They are very fortunate that no one in the family seemingly has to show up for work, on a daily basis. Lots of free AVAILABLE labor; lots of free time to hone useful skills. JB used his kids to make him money that is supporting him into his old age. That asshat actually gave Jill a bill for the used harp-

• Upvote 3