IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

I’m not sure anyone recapped the video with the 5K screenshot. Before the wedding, Jana was renovating the house, and seems to have been mostly living in Nebraska, with a rotating cast of sibling helpers/chaperones. Then she went back to Arkansas and spent time with family (including running the 5K), finished wedding prep, and had her bridal shower. She was much more low-key about the alterations to her gown than the seamstress was on social media. I wonder if the rush was because she was headed back to Nebraska? Her shower appeared to be in the fellowship hall of their church. There were maybe 50 women seated at tables. Jill attended. They served Jana’s favorite “coffee punch” - is that a thing?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

coffee punch? Doesn't sound too good to me.

Maybe it's some sort of latte drink.. or something..

• Upvote 2

Looking at recipes, coffee punch doesn’t sound bad. 

Vanilla coffee, evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla ice cream. It sounds like something you could get at Starbucks. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

It looked like cold coffee in a punch bowl, but I’m willing to assume that it’s yummy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It looked like cold coffee in a punch bowl, but I’m willing to assume that it’s yummy.

Iced coffee with lots of flavoring seems popular these days. I’m ok with it. But my preference is hot coffee. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I’m not sure anyone recapped the video with the 5K screenshot. Before the wedding, Jana was renovating the house, and seems to have been mostly living in Nebraska, with a rotating cast of sibling helpers/chaperones. Then she went back to Arkansas and spent time with family (including running the 5K), finished wedding prep, and had her bridal shower. She was much more low-key about the alterations to her gown than the seamstress was on social media. I wonder if the rush was because she was headed back to Nebraska? Her shower appeared to be in the fellowship hall of their church. There were maybe 50 women seated at tables. Jill attended. They served Jana’s favorite “coffee punch” - is that a thing?

As a quick note, if you're referring to the Instagrammer/YouTuber Bella Mae who posted about altering the gown, so far, she hasn't gotten to those alterations, since the person she showed in the preview clip about altering her gown (right at the end of the video) isn't Bella Mae.

Separately, apparently coffee punch is a thing, and can be made with a combination of water, sugar, instant coffee granules or freshly brewed coffee, milk or creamer, vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and syrup drizzles. I think it might end up a lot like a cold, but not frozen, mocha.

A couple recipes I found: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/244920/southern-coffee-punch/ 
https://www.barniescoffee.com/blogs/recipes/coffee-punch-the-perfect-party-dessert (with variations)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Coffee punch sounds good.  Sounds like I might need a pitcher of it in the fridge once my new baby arrives to get me through the first few months.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

On 8/16/2024 at 4:56 PM, Kiki03910 said:

Stephen is quite handsome, but mostly I hope he's kind.

IME, Stephen is good people. So is the Wissman family, I am told. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

As a quick note, if you're referring to the Instagrammer/YouTuber Bella Mae who posted about altering the gown, so far, she hasn't gotten to those alterations, since the person she showed in the preview clip about altering her gown (right at the end of the video) isn't Bella Mae.

I don’t remember who it was. Does she post on Instagram to promote longer YouTube videos? Was the assumption that Jana was the bride who had her initial and final fittings in the same day incorrect?

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2024 at 7:52 AM, fish_ca said:

I found the shoes in the mirror. Not my favourite, but I am not surprised. 

Screenshot_2024-08-17-14-47-43-081_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

@QuiverFullofBooks Bella Mae just posted a single pic on her Instagram stories, so it's not there any more, although @fish_ca caught the screenshot above that tagged Jana specifically. Bella Mae hasn't posted a video about the process; the only lasting wedding content on her Instagram is her being tagged as a collaborator in a wedding photo carousel by Jana. https://www.instagram.com/janamduggar/p/C-wPRVuOMg4/?img_index=6

• Upvote 2