IGNORED

Jana and Stephen 17: Married August 15

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have read that most of the married Wissman offspring do not have huge families.

Two daughters have 5 apiece and it goes down from there. I don't think any of them are getting to 13 like the Wissmann parents.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

My theory was that she knew there was no way she'd leave a bridal shop without being photographed. She was already counting on 500 people keeping their mouths shut and managed to leak her own engagement ring photo. Putting off getting the license and the wedding dress until the day before was their best bet on keeping things from the public until the last minute. Risky with the dress! But she could have shopped online and had it down to a few dresses and made sure that shop offered last minute alterations.

Bella Mae's Designs isn't a bridal/dress shop, Bella Mae is a content creator (YouTube, Instagram, blog, etc.) who makes historical, film-inspired, and fantasy garb for herself and family and I believe does some commissions as well. She also sells patterns for a lot of her designs online. She's certainly capable of doing extensive alterations to existing dresses and lives less than an hour from Tontitown (per her shipping address), but she definitely doesn't have a formal bridal dress shop. https://bella-maes.com/  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM4lcphngBDu1EbZgWMEMDg

Edited by metheglyn
added detail and a YouTube link
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 14

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I have read that most of the married Wissman offspring do not have huge families.

They don’t, but there were also a lot of later marriages and fertility issues. 

• Upvote 5

The Wissmanns are interesting. Josiah Wissmann has been married for a long time and they married young, but they only have 4 kids. So I would guess they aren’t Quiverful. Drew Wissmann and his wife dealt with infertility for like 6 years before she got pregnant with their son. And then they had another son close to 2 years later. It makes me wonder if they decided to not be quiverful after having two kids in normal succession for fundies and haven’t had any kids since. So I don’t know if they only have 2 because if infertility or they decided 2 is a good number for now. Ruth and Rachel Wissmann both got married late so they tried to have as many as they could it seemed. But both have dealt with losses. And now that both are over 40, they might be done. Mathias Wissmann and his wife have 3 and they are decently spread out. So they might be not be quiverful. And I’m convinced Beth Wissmann is doing something to space out her kids. She has the most kids and is married to a lawyer who works for HSLDA. But hers seem well spaced so I think it’s deliberate. And her youngest isn’t a baby anymore. So there will be a big gap if she has another. Susannah and Nate both only recently married so who knows if they will be full on quiverful. They both only have 1 each so far. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 11

Alaythia Wissmann's moving to Arkansas this winter to work for Medicorps and renovating an RV gave Stephen good cover for his trips there.  He could pretend that he was going to help his sister with her renovations.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Two daughters have 5 apiece and it goes down from there. I don't think any of them are getting to 13 like the Wissmann parents.

And the daughters with 5 apiece are 41 and 38.  The oldest daughter and the oldest kid overall is 42 and has 4 kids, which is probably the most Steve and Janna have. I say they will have 2-4.

Even some of the sons don't have a lot of kids, Andrew and his wife got married back in 2011, and they only have two kids. Josiah got married in 2008 and has four kids.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Monkeywrench said:

I saw that Jana and Stephen’s house they are moving to is in Lincoln, NE. I live in Lincoln and have my whole life so I’m wondering if I’ll ever see them in the wild! Lincoln isn’t tiny though, population is about 270,000 and their house is an area that I don’t frequent. It’s kind of a fugly house. I’m sure they’ll make it cuter but it’s definitely not the best of what Lincoln has to offer location wise. Close to the interstate going west which is where his family/business is so that’s probably why they picked the location. 

Happy Fundy hunting 

Keep us updated 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

On 8/16/2024 at 6:50 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg that list is never ending! 

Community College is about empowerment not about elitism. Community colleges exist to give people another chance at education. I'm EXCITED that she's doing this. For the record, I used to work in an adult college education program and at a community college. I am no longer snobby about CC--it HELPS people very much. I watched immigrants come in for ESL and leave with a real future. I saw people born here in the USA realize they needed job skills and come to CC and get them. It raises families up.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 20

46 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Community College is about empowerment not about elitism. Community colleges exist to give people another chance at education. I'm EXCITED that she's doing this. For the record, I used to work in an adult college education program and at a community college. I am no longer snobby about CC--it HELPS people very much. I watched immigrants come in for ESL and leave with a real future. I saw people born here in the USA realize they needed job skills and come to CC and get them. It raises families up.

I wasn’t putting it down. It was just huge. So I assume a ton of people go there. Unlike the typical Bible college where like 10 people are on the deans list a quarter. Because only 25 are in the class. 😬

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, flowergirl said:

For anyone wanting to see the foto mentioned:

Screenshot_20240819_111142.jpg

Ok, but in general, if you are going to have your parent(s) walk you down the aisle - why shouldn’t mom be there? Generally she is at least as close to her daughter as the dad is (some exceptions of course) 

For my second wedding I was going to walk on my own ( we’d been living together forever and our teen kids were our bridesmaids and groomsmen - hardly needed my dad to give me away) - but my dress was so big and my heels were so  high I was sure I’d fall on my face. So I asked my dad to walk me and he was super touched. I didn’t give him the real reason lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 18

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Alaythia Wissmann's moving to Arkansas this winter to work for Medicorps and renovating an RV gave Stephen good cover for his trips there.  He could pretend that he was going to help his sister with her renovations.

A member here (sorry, can't remember who) mentioned that Jana's sudden use of old footage around home on YouTube could have been at the request of People mag in order to renew interest in Jana prior to the marriage and article(s). This is my #1 guess.

But I've also wondered if she and Stephen intend to create a YouTube channel as a couple (a side gig for Stephen, maybe) that features home projects. Not necessarily renovation, although they certainly could have been creating content during the their time fixing up their home, but more like simpler projects that would be manageable for inexperienced people. Or renovations... they are certainly capable of that.

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I thought this too. It might have kickstarted the romance again.

• Upvote 8

So I’m rolling thru TikTok and the video at the link pops up.

its the photographer from Jana’s wedding.  With a guest shot at the end of Carlin Stewart. And she’s on her way to shoot the wedding.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP8192VwX/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

42 minutes ago, clueliss said:

So I’m rolling thru TikTok and the video at the link pops up.

its the photographer from Jana’s wedding.  With a guest shot at the end of Carlin Stewart. And she’s on her way to shoot the wedding.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP8192VwX/

I am looking at her official site and she had Arkansas under her travel calendar for May, so I wonder if she also did the photos for Lauren Duggar's sister's wedding. She got married in May and of course in Arkansas. She must do a lot of weddings for that circle. That's probably how she knows Carlin.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

I am looking at her official site and she had Arkansas under her travel calendar for May, so I wonder if she also did the photos for Lauren Duggar's sister's wedding. She got married in May and of course in Arkansas. She must do a lot of weddings for that circle. That's probably how she knows Carlin.

I am sure she has done a fundy wedding before maybe josie bates or someone. Looking at her from Jana's wedding was not the first time I have seen her and I only really follow the bates and the duggs. Maybe she has done some photos for the Bates Boutique ??

• Upvote 3

I am morbidly curious as to what Jana and Stephen's ideas and rules were around courtship/dating. Seeing that so many Duggars have spoken out against the ridiculousness of the OG courtship rules, Jana's age and her recent clothing choices- I would guess that they didn't do chaperones. 

I do wonder if they kissed before marriage though. As far as we know all married Duggar children have saved their first kiss for their wedding day. If Jana and Stephen chose differently it would indicate a major shift (IMO even more drastic than pants and sleeveless outfits) 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Regarding the last-minute dress alterations, my guess is that the dress was possibly delayed coming in.

I still find the dress rather shocking even by their (relatively) recent relaxed modesty standards. I guess I'm just so used to them looking like they decided to wear a white t-shirt under their wedding gown that I find it jarring.

• Upvote 9

A photo of the whole family. Jill and Derrick are also there.

Screenshot_2024-08-20-06-51-40-083_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

• Thank You 20

42 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

A photo of the whole family. Jill and Derrick are also there.

Screenshot_2024-08-20-06-51-40-083_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

No Anna.

Edit: Actually, quite a few missing. I don't see Jill & Derricks boys, only 1 M-boy, and I think Jessa is missing a kid too. 

Edited by amster
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Ok, but in general, if you are going to have your parent(s) walk you down the aisle - why shouldn’t mom be there? Generally she is at least as close to her daughter as the dad is (some exceptions of course) 

For my second wedding I was going to walk on my own ( we’d been living together forever and our teen kids were our bridesmaids and groomsmen - hardly needed my dad to give me away) - but my dress was so big and my heels were so  high I was sure I’d fall on my face. So I asked my dad to walk me and he was super touched. I didn’t give him the real reason lol. 

I think the father walks the bride down the aisle, because he's her headship and transfers that role to another man, her husband. 

My other theory is that in arranged marriages they didn't trust the bride to not escape when walking down the aisle alone, so they made sure to accompany her. 

Just like a chaperone, but a special one for the last meters. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, amster said:

No Anna.

Edit: Actually, quite a few missing. I don't see Jill & Derricks boys, only 1 M-boy, and I think Jessa is missing a kid too. 

Yeah Jessa is missing Ivy is it Ivy ??? Her eldest girl. I’m pretty sure that’s fern. I assume Hannie is holding Ezra Si and Lauren’s boy. Lauren looks lovely from that long distant pic and so does Jill 

edit to add maybe they were on a bit of a time crunch for pics and had trouble rounding everyone up. Surely after all Weddings they a re used to hoW things go. I am glad James is mindful of Si and jingers children’s privacy. Maybe that is why jills kids are not there tommuch of a chance of pics slipping after their accident photo. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 11

Oh and another thing I noticed Jason’s girlfriend is not in the pic. Phhhhmmmm not protecting his heart pieces. He was kissing her on the cheek and his penis touched her back. They are practically married by duggar standards. She should be in the pic. Considering katey was including in the sisters pic before her official engagement at I wanna say Justin’s wedding. 

Ah the name change has happened…. So weird to see her as wissman IMG_4478.thumb.png.eb9e609783fad4889914b71cdb0512ad.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She might take a cue from Abbie Duggar. She only has 2 and they are well spaced. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jana only wants 2 or 3. Because she’s already raised so many. 

It seems Jana and Abbie are close (she was the only bridesmaid who Jana hasn't literally known their entire life). But I also think JD and Abbie aren't done having kids yet, they're just going at a slower pace. Who knows whether that's by choice or fertility.

I think Jana and Stephen might actually have 'as many as God decides' in that they won't do anything to prevent pregnancy, but they also won't do Michelle's thing of weaning at 6 months and tracking every cycle and actively trying to bang in every fertile window. 

• Upvote 11

8 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

She was the photographer for Katie Bates wedding. So she definitely knows the Bates girls.

Looking at the  picture, I assume that only Josiah/Lauren and Jinger/Jeremy have “don’t post my kids” rules while Joe and Kendra just don’t use social media. 

I also counted 11 girls in the little white dress and as someone said Jessa’s oldest is missing from the pic, so that would make 12 flower girls plus any Wissman nieces and any M kids. That is a lot of tiny flower girls. 

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I also counted 11 girls in the little white dress and as someone said Jessa’s oldest is missing from the pic, so that would make 12 flower girls plus any Wissman nieces and any M kids. That is a lot of tiny flower girls. 

The other possibility is that they chose the flower girls from Jana’s side (all her nieces are dressed up and none of her nephews) and the nephews from the Wissman side. Too bad Jer and Hannah only have girls, so they aren’t able to give us a hint. 

• Upvote 4