IGNORED

Trump 68: A Dangerous Criminal And Weird Old Man Who Is In Serious Mental Decline

GreyhoundFan

Article from the Seattle Times.  Another hardcore Republican decides to vote for Harris/Walz.  I’m hoping more express themselves publicly like this.  I’ll have to check out this group - Republican Voters Against Trump.  Hopefully they will gain momentum.  

Spoiler

By 

Jim Brunner

Seattle Times political reporter

Norma Pickett says she’s been a Republican since she could vote. She backed Donald Trump in 2016 and 2020.

This year, Pickett, who lives in Carson, Skamania County, has joined a vocal splinter group of Republicans who are declaring they’ll vote for Kamala Harris for president.

Pickett recorded a homemade testimonial for a $50 million national campaign launched by Republican Voters Against Trump, a political action committee airing ads in key swing states featuring ex-Trump supporters.

A video including statements from Pickett and other disaffected Republicans was shown on the United Center jumbotron during the first night of the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, drawing cheers.

For Pickett it’s all a little strange. She wasn’t watching the convention. A neighbor told her that her mother in Minnesota had seen the video.

“Never would I ever have thought I would be voting for a Democrat president, let alone be featured at their convention,” she said.

Pickett, 60, says she’s identified as a Republican and a conservative since she could vote at age 18. A local government employee whose late husband had once chaired the local GOP, she voted for Trump enthusiastically in 2016, brushing off controversies that surrounded him.

“I just felt he spoke his mind,” she said. “He wasn’t a normal politician, and I was thinking ‘oh that’s just a guy talking, that’s just Trump talking,’ “

In 2016, Pickett reposted Trump’s celebratory tweet when he officially became the Republican nominee for president: “I will work hard and never let you down. AMERICA FIRST!”

By 2020, Pickett said she’d started to sour on Trump, citing his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, failure to fulfill promises such as building a border wall and sidling up to foreign autocrats. Still, she begrudgingly voted for him a second time.

But Pickett said she could not support Trump after his lies about his 2020 election loss to Joe Biden prompted a mob of his supporters to storm the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

“That’s what finally blew it for me,” she said. “I feel his actions and his leadership style are fundamentally at odds with my core values.”

In her video for the ad campaign, Pickett says, “I do not trust that he can do the right thing anymore after the insurrection and with how he keeps documents at his home, how he treats women, how he treats the country, and how he treats the people that work for him, how he’s treated his businesses. I cannot trust him to run our country again.”

In her rebuke of Trump for his Jan. 6 conduct, Pickett was aligned with her congressional representative at the time: Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, who became one of 10 House Republicans to vote to impeach Trump.

Herrera Beutler’s stand drew a furious backlash among most Republicans in Southwest Washington’s 3rd District, and she lost in the 2022 primary to Joe Kent, the Trump-endorsed candidate.

Pickett, who had supported Herrera Beutler, said she voted Democrat for the first time in her life that fall, backing Marie Gluesenkamp Perez, the little-known auto shop owner who went on to defeat Kent in one of the biggest upsets of the midterm elections.

This fall, in addition to voting for Harris, Pickett says she’ll vote to reelect Gluesenkamp Perez in her upcoming congressional rematch against Kent.

Pickett says she identifies with long-standing Republican values and will vote for some GOP candidates, including Dave Reichert in the governor’s race.

Pickett is one of six former Trump supporters from Washington whose anti-Trump testimonials are featured on the Republican Voters Against Trump website, which showcases more than 100 such videos from ex-Trump voters around the country.

Similar testimonials are running as part of Republican Voters Against Trump’s swing-state ad campaign, according to Tony Franquiz, a spokesperson for the PAC.

The $50 million effort has included ads on broadcast and cable TV, online video platforms and billboards, with ads currently airing in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, and plans to expand the reach to more states soon, Franquiz said.

Asked about the ad campaign, a Trump spokesperson told Fox News Digital earlier this year Trump is “building the largest, most diverse political movement in history because his winning message of putting America first again resonates with Americans of all backgrounds.”

The spokesperson called Harris “weak, failed and dangerously liberal” and said a vote for her was an endorsement of “higher taxes and inflation, open borders and more war.”

Pickett said her vote is a stand against Trump’s abandonment of democratic norms, such as maintaining the rule of law and accepting the results of elections.

“I guess I want to hold our leaders accountable, regardless of party affiliation,” she said. “I feel it’s necessary for the future of both the Republican Party and our nation.”

She likened her stance to past political realignments, such as in the 1960s when future President Ronald Reagan left the Democratic Party, which had grown too liberal for him, and became a Republican.

“Parties change,” Pickett said. “My party has changed to something I don’t agree with.”

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

A typically uplifting message from TFG. /s

image.png.f9f32bce8f5cec6aa9444608eab76001.png

• Eyeroll 12
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’m reading this with the Charlie Brown teacher voice because his actual voice makes me nauseous and brings yelling and a headache 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Oh, for fuck’s sake. 
image.png.7ff6828954ebacef9e1affdaadf6a08b.png

• Eyeroll 12
  • WTF 2

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, for fuck’s sake. 

Well bless his tiny cold cold heart 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, for fuck’s sake. 

He's a piece of shit.  There.  I said it.  Or have a fucking stroke trying to keep that bottled up.

• I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, for fuck’s sake. 

This is why I think it was a set up, for photo op and the Jesus saved me BS .. but whatever he's a POS human for his behavior, platform, and treasonous acts

Edited by LongTimeLurkerOG
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Is it me, or does the "watching" look like he's being a creepy voyeur?

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Looks like an implied threat to o me.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I'm working to lose weight. Having this near the table would certainly trigger enough nausea to help me reduce my caloric intake.

image.png.ca9f12a2203daff3479c69eb5251a5e5.png

image.png.a8f3d1c8318ac50676159c23c1763bc8.png

image.png.e785341208f4961b92c8aa2a63c26ea7.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 47of74 said:

He's a piece of shit.  There.  I said it.  Or have a fucking stroke trying to keep that bottled up.

He definitely is a piece of shit. I have felt this way for years!!  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm working to lose weight. Having this near the table would certainly trigger enough nausea to help me reduce my caloric intake.

image.png.ca9f12a2203daff3479c69eb5251a5e5.png

image.png.a8f3d1c8318ac50676159c23c1763bc8.png

image.png.e785341208f4961b92c8aa2a63c26ea7.png

All this crap is getting even more ridiculous than ever. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, he is known to be a creepy voyeur. Are there underage girls changing clothes anywhere near those drop boxes?

At some point surely some of his voters have got to start wondering why someone who proclaims himself a successful super wealthy businessman needs all this money from people just trying to get by, right?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

John McCain's son Jimmy is speaking out against fuck knob's behavior at Arlington, calling it a "violation."

But he is speaking out now for the first time about Trump because of the former president’s conduct at the hallowed ground where several generations of McCain’s family, including his grandfather and great grandfather, are buried.

“It just blows me away,” McCain, who has served in the military for 17 years, told CNN. “These men and women that are laying in the ground there have no choice” of whether to be a backdrop for a political campaign, he said.

“I just think that for anyone who’s done a lot of time in their uniform, they just understand that inherently — that it’s not about you there. It’s about these people who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the name of their country.”

McCain’s decision to speak out now is part of his broader shift away from the Republican Party and his family’s famously conservative roots. After years as a registered independent, he says he registered as a Democrat several weeks ago and plans to vote for Kamala Harris in November, adding that he “would get involved in any way I could” to help her campaign.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 8

More crap from TFG...

image.png.2867c842c7cd3cf9a05469bee45e7eb3.png

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More crap from TFG...

Actually the most embarrassing day in U.S. history was January 20, 2017. 

• I Agree 13
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More crap from TFG...

Interesting how the Army itself came out condemning what Trump and his minions did at Arlington, long before the Harris campaign talked about it. 

• Upvote 12

On 9/2/2024 at 10:56 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

This post was ghost written by a Trump aide.  It's too coherent and on point for Trump.  I suspect many of his posts are ghostwritten, maybe all these days, except for the truly unhinged ones. 

Some big dates comin' up:

• Debate VP Harris on Tuesday, Sept 10
  • Sentencing on Sept. 18 in Trump's election interference trial (NOT a "hush-money" trial)  

His lawyers' move to get the charges moved to Federal court failed. 

Sept 3, 2024: NEW YORK (Associated Press) — A federal judge on Tuesday swiftly rejected Donald Trump’s request to intervene in his New York hush money criminal case, spurning the former president’s attempt at an end-run around the state court where he was convicted and is set to be sentenced in two weeks.

U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein’s ruling — just hours after Trump’s lawyers asked him to weigh the move — upends the Republican presidential nominee’s plan to move the case to federal court so that he could seek to have his conviction overturned in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s presidential immunity ruling.

Trump’s lawyers challenged the decision, filing a notice of appeal late Tuesday in the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Trump and his lawyers “will continue to fight to move this Hoax into federal court where it should be put out of its misery once and for all,” his campaign spokesperson, Steven Cheung, said in a statement.

Hellerstein, echoing his denial of Trump’s pretrial bid to move the case, said the defense failed to meet the high burden of proof for changing jurisdiction and that Trump’s conviction for falsifying business records involved his personal life, not official actions that the Supreme Court ruled are immune from prosecution.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Fuck knob says what....

From Donald Trump’s perspective, his upcoming sentencing in the New York hush money case should include jail time.

A spokesperson for his 2024 campaign commented this week on reports of a Trump clemency recipient being convicted of a domestic violence-related charge by saying, "President Trump believes anyone convicted of a crime should spend time behind bars.”

The statement from Trump’s national press secretary, Karoline Leavitt, to The New York Times was in response to a new conviction of Jaime A. Davidson, whose sentence Trump commuted in 2021.

Trump was convicted in May by a Manhattan jury on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records. He is scheduled to be sentenced Sept. 18.

Ok, Donald Dumbfuck.  Does that include people convicted of 34 felonies?

• Upvote 8

TFG had a town hall with Hannity. I couldn't bring myself to watch, so I've been looking at clips. If Biden had slipped like this, every mainstream media outlet would have had it as the lead story for a week.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

TFG is a racist asshole.

image.png.82588c12b013ec812f4909721d7efb5c.png

• Angry 3
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 2

The ridiculous shilling of crap is increasing in frequency:

• Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1

Oh, please.

• Eyeroll 5

So apparently Elon Musk and Trump think Musk should head up an efficiency task force.....um.....ok.

and make the 2017 tax cuts permanent - which I feel like might just financially ruin the country.

The clips I heard today he was even more loopy sounding. 

Watching the comments here and there - people seem to really believe he's good for the economy. Was musk good for twitter????

How many bankruptcies? I just don't understand - as per usual. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 4