IGNORED

Erin and Chad 12: Not Keeping Up with the Bateses

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, ven said:

He said "if " after Lydia squeezed him lol 

I rewatched it and first Trace said there’s a good chance Chad and Erin might move back to TN. Then he said if they do, then he would probably do construction work with Chad. It wasn’t a live video, so if either Trace or Lydia thought they were revealing secrets, it would have been edited. It still strikes me as a very unsettled issue where the Paines end up.

• Upvote 4

Erin’s definitely going to want a bigger house in TN if they move back. She has gotten used to a bigger space and they have 6 kids now. They can’t try to squeeze back into their old house. I bet Chad doesn’t want to pay the money for a bigger house. But that’s what you gotta do if you refuse birth control. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I rewatched it and first Trace said there’s a good chance Chad and Erin might move back to TN. Then he said if they do, then he would probably do construction work with Chad. It wasn’t a live video, so if either Trace or Lydia thought they were revealing secrets, it would have been edited. It still strikes me as a very unsettled issue where the Paines end up.

I guess there is actually going to be a lot of construction work available in the areas to the east/southeast of Rocky Top devastated by the hurricane.  But where the Bates really would be making $$ right now if more of the guys had stuck with tree work.

I

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I guess there is actually going to be a lot of construction work available in the areas to the east/southeast of Rocky Top devastated by the hurricane.  But where the Bates really would be making $$ right now if more of the guys had stuck with tree work.

I

I don’t even live in tn and there’s plenty of tree work available here from the windy rain storms Friday. 

• Upvote 1

Trace did mention that his dad still does some tree work and Trace helps him occasionally. The vibe from Trace is that he’s somewhat allergic to real work and prefers social media “work” instead. I could almost see Trace not wanting Chad to come back because Chad will want him to work.

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I think this will be a good move for the family.  Erin will have family support and Chad will have work.

The one thing that sucks is a tiny house lots of kids and long cold winters. At least at Florida they could get outside year round. 

• Upvote 5

What was the deal with Erin and Chad's former landlord in TN? I can't remember. Was he unwilling to sell the property? Or weren't they able to buy? Wasn't there at some point talk about expanding the house? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Trace did mention that his dad still does some tree work and Trace helps him occasionally. The vibe from Trace is that he’s somewhat allergic to real work and prefers social media “work” instead. I could almost see Trace not wanting Chad to come back because Chad will want him to work.

It's not a fair fight between Chad's 3 brain cells and Trace's 1. At least Chad has a work ethic, though. Trace is among the top Bates for Dunning-Kruger.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Their old house has to be rented or sold at this point - I doubt it would be available to them unless there was some family connection to it from the get go.  Absolutely absurd to build an addition to a house you're renting, and insane of the landlord to let a tennant do that (especially one who is not a licensed contractor) because you'll likely be fixing shoddy workmanship far beyond what it was worth.  I'm not saying Chad does shoddy work, but just in general would be a poor choice.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 9/30/2024 at 10:40 PM, Cupcake79 said:

What was the deal with Erin and Chad's former landlord in TN? I can't remember. Was he unwilling to sell the property? Or weren't they able to buy? Wasn't there at some point talk about expanding the house? 

They said they would buy if they could expand it. If I pinpointed it correctly, the land itself wasn't really conducive to building. There is a creek on or adjacent that floods. The area is considered part of a floodplain so getting something additional permitted would not have worked at all. They are all talk in terms of real estate. He didn't want to go into debt (IBLP teaching) and nobody handed them a house. 

• Upvote 6

On 10/1/2024 at 12:15 AM, AussieKrissy said:

The one thing that sucks is a tiny house lots of kids and long cold winters. At least at Florida they could get outside year round. 

I live about a hour and a half from them.  While we have some cold in Tennessee, kids can get out most days all year long here.  Coats and gloves for a few days are no big deal!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

On 10/2/2024 at 8:12 PM, FishOuttaWater said:

I live about a hour and a half from them.  While we have some cold in Tennessee, kids can get out most days all year long here.  Coats and gloves for a few days are no big deal!

I live in Canada. As long as there was no blizzard or no -32 C (like -25 F), my parents would send me play outside all year long. Our school would make us go out at recess too, no worries about winter. Snowsuit, mittens, tuque, scarf, snow boots; there is no bad weather, just bad clothing. ;)