IGNORED

Jason and Maddie 1: There's a Jason? He's engaged.

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

Climatologically speaking, we're in summer until November here 🥵🥵

I feel this. We just had a night in the 60s and I find it freezing lol. Upcoming days are still in the 90s.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I feel this. We just had a night in the 60s and I find it freezing lol. Upcoming days are still in the 90s.

This is us 🙌🙌🙌

Screenshot_20240903_082911_KLTVweather.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Climatological fall begins September 1.

It began in Edinburgh the first week in August!!!🤣 we may be developing webbed feet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, viii said:

My fall displays are already up around my house. We have such a short window before the snow falls that I decorate Sept 1st. 

Same, I'm in upstate NY so we go from "summer" to "winter" very quickly. 

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Same, I'm in upstate NY so we go from "summer" to "winter" very quickly. 

My buddy works for a military base in upstate NY and gets unlimited plow PTO so he doesn't mind all the snow. I can no longer hang like that

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

My buddy works for a military base in upstate NY and gets unlimited plow PTO so he doesn't mind all the snow. I can no longer hang like that

I don't know what plow PTO is, but I think I need it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

I don't know what plow PTO is, but I think I need it

Plow paid time off. You get paid dg necessary plow time. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

It began in Edinburgh the first week in August!!!🤣 we may be developing webbed feet. 

Sorry, we're talking weather service definitions of seasons, not local weather patterns.  I live in SoCal.  We have no true "winter" at my house.  We still get a winter climatological season of December through February.  I say winter weather lasts two or maybe three weeks, but most people would say it's fall weather.  The nights are in the 40s and days are 60s on average.  I may still own a winter coat shoved in the back of a closet just in case I visit my daughter who lives on a mountain outside LA..  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

This is us 🙌🙌🙌

Screenshot_20240903_082911_KLTVweather.jpg

Pretty similar to mine! I'm not complaining.

Screenshot_20240903-110411_Firefox.thumb.jpg.805ee94c738b6ca5f80cb9c377b59fe6.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

not her dad, her dads name is Stuart , plus she has tagged spring 2025 in her engagement post, so a march or April wedding probably 

thanks.  I wonder if she will do her spring semester online.

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking Memorial Day weekend wedding. Most colleges are done by then, and having done dual enrollment in high school, can graduate then get married. Like in the same week! 😀

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I'm thinking Memorial Day weekend wedding. Most colleges are done by then, and having done dual enrollment in high school, can graduate then get married. Like in the same week! 😀

Lauren Duggar's sister Lily got married on the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend this year.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

I hate winter here but we have family ties to the area that are strong so we stay. The past two winters have been mild and all the snow lovers complain for it's fine for me. I don't ski, or play hockey or any of that and I hate driving in snow. I'm like the Grinch when it snows. Summers and Fall are gorgeous here though. 

• Upvote 4

I did not know there was a Jason 

• Haha 10

What's that saying? You're never too old to learn something new?

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I did not know there was a Jason 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

She's at the University of the Cumberlands, and their website says the last day of term (finals) is April 30 and degree conferral for both on-campus and online students is May 3. https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/academic-calendar

So if she finishes in three years, she could definitely graduate at the beginning of May and then turn right around and still get married in May while having a bit of time in between to get the finishing touches of the wedding ready and NOT be overlapping with finals.

And while looking at the University's website I accidentally found the Spring 2024 Dean's List for the school, and there are apparently THREE (3) Madison Joneses on the list! https://www.ucumberlands.edu/news/cumberlands-announces-deans-list-spring-24-semester Given she was a HS valedictorian, I assume one is likely Jason's Maddie Grace. If so, she's definitely doing well enough that, if she did come in with enough credits, she could graduate that year early.

Edited by metheglyn
added last day of term
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

The only thing is that with Education majors, they are usually student teaching during their last semester. It’s weird, but it doesn’t always line up with graduation since most elementary through high schools are still in session until later. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

On 9/4/2024 at 6:12 AM, Sullie06 said:

I hate winter here but we have family ties to the area that are strong so we stay. The past two winters have been mild and all the snow lovers complain for it's fine for me. I don't ski, or play hockey or any of that and I hate driving in snow. I'm like the Grinch when it snows. Summers and Fall are gorgeous here though. 

That's how I feel about my childhood home in northern New England. It's so beautiful. My sister still lives there and I love visiting in the summer. For winter, I'll stay in southern NM, thanks!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

On 9/3/2024 at 3:47 PM, HereticHick said:

thanks.  I wonder if she will do her spring semester online.

On 9/4/2024 at 1:49 PM, metheglyn said:

She's at the University of the Cumberlands, and their website says the last day of term (finals) is April 30 and degree conferral for both on-campus and online students is May 3. https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/academic-calendar

So if she finishes in three years, she could definitely graduate at the beginning of May and then turn right around and still get married in May while having a bit of time in between to get the finishing touches of the wedding ready and NOT be overlapping with finals.

And while looking at the University's website I accidentally found the Spring 2024 Dean's List for the school, and there are apparently THREE (3) Madison Joneses on the list! https://www.ucumberlands.edu/news/cumberlands-announces-deans-list-spring-24-semester Given she was a HS valedictorian, I assume one is likely Jason's Maddie Grace. If so, she's definitely doing well enough that, if she did come in with enough credits, she could graduate that year early.

from the university website (which of course offers minimal info unless you are a 'prospective student' and provide your name/contact so one of their 'enrollment counselor' aka recruiters can reach out lol) it seems that most of the education degrees are online, anyways. or an online/campus combo w/ some student teaching. And idk about this univ specifically, but i think many schools that offer online Education degrees say their students can student-teach anywhere as long as they set up an appropriate preceptor/evaluations/etc

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I thought we decided to follow Daily mail's lead and just call all the lost boys Jed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I thought we decided to follow Daily mail's lead and just call all the lost boys Jed.

In true "Newhart" fashion! "This is mah brother Jed, and mah other brother Jed."

• Haha 9