IGNORED

Jason and Maddie 1: There's a Jason? He's engaged.

Coconut Flan

On 9/13/2024 at 3:45 AM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

It’s fine, Derrick will represent him, they’ve got a lawyer in the family so it’s all good. /s

Derrick made a wise choice being a prosecutor instead of a defense attorney, otherwise he’d forever be bailing out his in-laws. 

I'm not sure but I am assuming Derrick can't take clients on top of his government prosecutor job.

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2024/sep/13/lawsuit-accuses-jason-duggar-of-lying-about/ 

And this "William Ross Little" has been involved with the Duggars--and their political campaigns--for a while.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ross_Little_Jr.

"Ross Little Jr. is the national committeeman for the Republican Party of Louisiana. Little has served as the state's party committeeman since 2004...Little has served as the chairman to a pregnancy center and clinic and a cell leader at the Family Life Christian Fellowship. He is on the advisory board of American Family Association of New Orleans and KSJY Radio, a Christian radio station."

"A Little Secret: Mystery Donor Funds Duggar, La Tour Campaigns"

https://onarwatch.org/duggar-la-tour-mystery-funder/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I bet Derick would only represent a Duggar that he felt had the moral high ground in a case - if at all.  I'm not holding my breath for that condition to ever be met!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JDuggs said:

According to Pickles, Jason and Maddie are getting married on Thursday, October 3, in Tennessee.

I came here to say pickles is stating a soon date. I didn’t know it was that soon. 
if so makes sense they don’t seem to have long engagements. 
Jason needs more that penis back touching lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I saw the invitation. Looks real. 

Plus, another thing: Jill did an IG-story about buying things to keep the kids busy during a very long car ride. It's 11-12 hours by car (not including stops) between their home in Arkansas and Newport, TN. It fits. 

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Meggo said:

On a Thursday? What a weird day (that isn't also a holiday) to get married on. 

The Duggars and other fundy homeschool families are known to have non-weekend weddings. I guess in Gothard land you are supposed be self-employed and your kids aren't in school, so its easier to attend events during the week (and venues are much cheaper.)

Newport Tennessee is in the Smokies, and just a few miles from where I'm from. It is the county seat of Cocke County. [yes, you pronounce it "Cock"--the e is silent. Let your inner-12-year-old do with that what you will.😃]

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Meggo said:

On a Thursday? What a weird day (that isn't also a holiday) to get married on. 

Jana got married on a Thursday. Its cheaper to get married on a week day than a weekend plus less guests with it being a Thursday some people will decline because of work

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Huh that’s over 100 miles from Maddie’s home. I assumed they would get married close to her home. It looks like both families need to travel for it. I would think that a lot of Maddie’s guests have jobs or are in school, so they would really have to want to attend this to make it happen. The only ones this is semi-convenient for is the Bates family, but still over a hour drive. Maybe they want a smaller wedding and this location/date facilitated that goal.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Fall break is a thing in TN for the schools there. I assume they all have that week off for the educators in her family.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The Duggars and other fundy homeschool families are known to have non-weekend weddings. I guess in Gothard land you are supposed be self-employed and your kids aren't in school, so its easier to attend events during the week (and venues are much cheaper.)

Newport Tennessee is in the Smokies, and just a few miles from where I'm from. It is the county seat of Cocke County. [yes, you pronounce it "Cock"--the e is silent. Let your inner-12-year-old do with that what you will.😃]

I looked up Newport TN out of curiosity. It's a really beautiful area.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Ashley Ocean said:

Shotgun wedding? Or is this the usual Duggar rush to have sex holy matrimony?

Maybe just a change of plans. But they had tagged their engagement pictures with a #spring2025, i went to check and it is still there:

Captura.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, gobucks said:

Fall break is a thing in TN for the schools there. I assume they all have that week off for the educators in her family.

I thought she was going to school in Kentucky. 

• Upvote 1

Fundies with very short engagements probably can’t find a venue with an open Friday or Saturday 3 months after the engagement. I was lucky to find a venue with an open Saturday 8 months before my wedding. James and Maddie’s wedding has to be on a Thursday. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

There's also a password-protected wedding website and registry for Madison Grace and Jason Michael on theknot.com, wedding date Oct. 3 '24 in TN.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

The Duggars and Bateses are currently tied each having 12 children married. But Jason marrying will put them in the lead. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Tatoe said:

There's also a password-protected wedding website and registry for Madison Grace and Jason Michael on theknot.com,

wedding date Oct. 3 '24 in TN.

I didn't see this on theknot.com. Usually if there is a couple like that, the website will show the listing, but then not let you click on it. I didn't see it. If people can see the date, then it's probably before then. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I didn't see this on theknot.com. Usually if there is a couple like that, the website will show the listing, but then not let you click on it. I didn't see it. If people can see the date, then it's probably before then. 

There is a password protected theknot webstite with those names for october, doesnt say the day: https://www.theknot.com/us/madison-grace-and-jason-michael-oct-2024 , but it also could be a coincidence, they have pretty common names and middle names.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240919_140259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cc0e960474de4cf02f9a03c7d2b8abf6.jpg

The date showed up for me in the search results.

Interestingly if I just Google "madison grace jason michael registry" the first result is the Knot registry, no password needed, location Newport TN. They're registered with Target, Amazon and Etsy. The date on the Amazon and Etsy registries is 10 Oct, and the location given on the Etsy one is Springdale, AR.

This seems an unusual item to register for...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240919_142146_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5d0f7a72b3b7557a14ae71737f77abf0.jpg

Edited by Tatoe
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, viii said:

I’ve debated about buying one of those. Choking is such a huge fear of mine. 

I hadn't seen them before, but I actually might look into one too. One of my kids has some challenges with chewing and swallowing, and having this nearby would give me some peace of mind.

The juxtaposition of typical homewares, gift cards, etc. and then one random serious first aid item was what struck me as odd :)

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

I thought she was going to school in Kentucky. 

I thought we established that she was going to the U. of the Cumberlands; their fall break is Oct 17-18  https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/academic-calendar 

Something isn't adding up here; Oct 3 isn't her fall break & Newport is nowhere near where Maddie lives. Also I thought it was established that she went to Oneida High School, in Scott County, TN, and she has "educators in her family." The fall break for Oneida School District is Oct 9-13.

I think it is entirely possible that Pickles etc. have them mixed up with another couple.  If you simply google "Madison Grace" you will find multiple southern American girls with that name.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 1

Real or fake to be determined, Pickles posted a photo of a wedding invitation for them with that date.

• Upvote 1