IGNORED

Jason and Maddie 1: There's a Jason? He's engaged.

Coconut Flan

On 10/1/2024 at 9:43 PM, JDuggs said:

Jill is also talking about leaving on a trip tomorrow, so wedding is on! Do they not know or care how they are clueing in the public?

I think that the majority of the public couldn't care less about a Duggar wedding these days, particularly a son's. The TV show has been off the air for years. Jason barely has a social media presence and neither does his fiancee. The weddings are mainstream these days and not some overly religious freak show.

Also, the only person who has been posting that the wedding is on Thursday is Pickles. There's probably not too much of an overlap between the snarkers following her on Facebook and Joy/Jill's Instagram followers.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

I think that the majority of the public couldn't care less about a Duggar wedding these days, particularly a son's. The TV show has been off the air for years. Jason barely has a social media presence and neither does his fiancee. The weddings are mainstream these days and not some overly religious freak show.

Also, the only person who has been posting that the wedding is on Thursday is Pickles. There's probably not too much of an overlap between the snarkers following her on Facebook and Joy/Jill's Instagram followers.

I agree. Now that Jana is married, I doubt any of the weddings going on will be major news unless there is some scandal attached (like age, pregnant bride, etc.). 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree. Now that Jana is married, I doubt any of the weddings going on will be major news unless there is some scandal attached (like age, pregnant bride, etc.). 

I imagine DimBoob will try to make a buck off Miracle Josie™️'s eventual wedding if he can.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, viii said:

Yeah, the only Duggar wedding remaining that the public might care about is Josie's. 

The number of people who remember/care about the "miracle of baby Josie" diminishes every year, though.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Nothing from the family, but I am going to say Hayley and Carver Bowers were there based on this from her stories.

200.png

54 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I just checked People and family members' socials. Nads. 

If they sold the exclusive to someone, my guess is they didn't rate enough for it to get same day coverage like Jana. May pop up later today.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 5

On 10/3/2024 at 5:19 AM, Kiki03910 said:

I imagine DimBoob will try to make a buck off Miracle Josie™️'s eventual wedding if he can.

I doubt anyone will care about Josie's wedding in particular. I think the last one married might be of interest as (19 kids in 19 marriages), but Josh being a sex offender kills the buzz of that headline. It will also rely on all of the kids still being married when that happens.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

So that explains how they met. Sounds like Lawson and Tiffany's story.

I mean lots of couples meet over social media today. It’s fairly common. But for some reason they have to always say it’s god. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Impressive that they can plan a wedding in 40 days

Also Jason looks like such a generic Duggar. It's impressive that the genes basically just spat out the same person 10 times. All the Duggar man look ridiculously similar. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Is it a little weird that he had Jed as his best man but no Jer? He also had the all the other similar aged brothers in the wedding except Jer. 

Also, the whole thing was fast. They met online in December 2023 and are married 10 months later. 

I found the bit about Jana interesting, that her family was actively encouraging her to put herself out there and she went back to an ex-boyfriend instead of trying to meet someone new (and I think we can assume the reunion happens after December).

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

None of Maddie's friends or family in the bridal party? Weird. Although the way it was written was strange, so maybe there were others in the party. 

Edited by marmalade
Auto fill strikes again!
  • Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Impressive that they can plan a wedding in 40 days

Also Jason looks like such a generic Duggar. It's impressive that the genes basically just spat out the same person 10 times. All the Duggar man look ridiculously similar. 

I think it’s why they got married on a Thursday. The venue was definitely already booked for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 

• Upvote 5

Well, congratulations to them both. I hope she's happy. Hopefully a few more pictures of the family will make it out.

I cannot believe we are now living in the times when a Duggar can basically slide into someone's DMs on social media! What a long way from the Godly Pure Courtship days 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

I was surprised to see that they were in Newport because of the reports about the dam. It looks like the venue is high on a hill and in cases like this it's great if people can keep their reservation to keep money flowing into the community. Though I do wonder if people were able to keep their hotel/airbnb reservations or what if any other changes they needed to make. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

So now there’s another Madison Duggar in the family. At least this isn’t spelled with an unnecessary Y. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

None of Maddie's friends or family in the bridal party? Weird. Although the way it was written was strange, so maybe there were others in the party. 

There's at least 4 other people In the wedding party. The magazine was worried very dumb. Cuz in the picture with all the hands you see a girl at the back that's not a duggar sister and I counted at least 12 hands

Edited by Coconut Flan
Text speak.
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Is it a little weird that he had Jed as his best man but no Jer? He also had the all the other similar aged brothers in the wedding except Jer. 

Jer may not have been able to be there because he’s “working” with Medicorps. John David too.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

her dress looks so much like Emersons bates, but I Like Emerson's better. And why did she dye her hair blonde, she looks completely different.

Screen Shot 2024-10-04 at 9.35.54 AM.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Jason looks like such a generic Duggar. It's impressive that the genes basically just spat out the same person 10 times. All the Duggar man look ridiculously similar. 

Jason has no control over his genes or the number of male relatives that he resembles. The parents having 19 kids could be considered ridiculous, but the similarities in appearance are just genetics 🧬 and if more families had 19 kids you would see this phenomenon happening more frequently. Thankfully, most people don’t produce that many offspring. 

39 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

And why did she dye her hair blonde, she looks completely different.

I assume she dyed her hair because she wanted to and it is her body. Why do you care that she looks different?

I have zero problems snarking on the looks and style choices of those  who spend their spare time opining on what is right and holy for all women to wear but Madison has never done that, to my knowledge. As such, I don’t think it appropriate to complain about her personal choices. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Its interesting that he met her trough social media and they got married in less than a year. She must be really in love with him. Her family looks pretty normal, like conservative christians for sure, but not fundies in any way. She only has one brother. I wonder what they think of the marriage, especially with his current lawsuit. I also wonder if she will finish college, she is studying education so if anything else at least it will help her with the future homeschooling, although i do hope she gets to use her degree.

• Upvote 5