IGNORED

Jason and Maddie 1: There's a Jason? He's engaged.

Coconut Flan

The whole thing is giving me Samuel Rodrigues and Breienne vibes. I don't think she's in love with him at all. She's in love with the Duggar cult and wanted to be part of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

The whole thing is giving me Samuel Rodrigues and Breienne vibes. I don't think she's in love with him at all. She's in love with the Duggar cult and wanted to be part of it.

I don't know if she's in love with the cult. In addition to some sort of compatibility/attraction, I think maybe she thinks it will be cool to be in a big/mega family. I also she may like the fact that he has a bigger social media presence than the average guy his age, because of his family. Possibly influencer dreams?

Given her more secular upbringing but also the hurriedness of the wedding planning, it will be interesting to see when they have their first child. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Who knows. Maybe they visited the venue and found out someone had cancelled an event, so they bought used and saved the difference.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't know if she's in love with the cult. In addition to some sort of compatibility/attraction, I think maybe she thinks it will be cool to be in a big/mega family. I also she may like the fact that he has a bigger social media presence than the average guy his age, because of his family. Possibly influencer dreams?

Given her more secular upbringing but also the hurriedness of the wedding planning, it will be interesting to see when they have their first child. 

The first ones come at any time, but the rest take 9 months. 

I believe there will be an 8 pound preemie 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

I assume she dyed her hair because she wanted to and it is her body. Why do you care that she looks different?

I have zero problems snarking on the looks and style choices of those  who spend their spare time opining on what is right and holy for all women to wear but Madison has never done that, to my knowledge. As such, I don’t think it appropriate to complain about her personal choices. 

I don't care I'm just stating she looks different, when I first saw the photos I had to double take because I thought she was someone else than the photos I've seen of her. is it not ok to have opinion. of course mine doesn't matter its her day but still

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

None of Maddie's friends or family in the bridal party? Weird. Although the way it was written was strange, so maybe there were others in the party. 

I assume they just highlighted which Duggars were included because that is all the public will care about. 

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

As an only child, I always said I was going to marry into a big family. Now, I married the youngest of four but not 19, but I can see why for someone not from that type of family there would be some kind of appeal. 

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Jer may not have been able to be there because he’s “working” with Medicorps. John David too.

Oh that is a good point. They may have also decides to leave some MediCorps brothers out because it is hurricane season. 

• Upvote 2

Definitely not wild about the ballooning sleeves on her dress. It makes the dress look like it's too big for her (even though the dress is fitted in the midsection) and it's wearing her instead of her wearing the dress. Maybe it shouldn't have had such a full skirt plus the full sleeves? 

The Bates family members seemed so excited about the engagement, but I wonder how many of them were actually able to make it to the wedding. Katie just had her baby, so I’m thinking some of the sisters are helping out with that.  I think Trace is still in Hawaii unless they just got back. Jason and Jackson B worked together so maybe he came up for it. I’m guessing most of the youngers, Warden on down, were there, along with Gil and Kelly. We have the one pic of Addie there. Maybe the MedicCorps guys,Nathan and Lawson, swung over for the night from NC.

11 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The Bates family members seemed so excited about the engagement, but I wonder how many of them were actually able to make it to the wedding. Katie just had her baby, so I’m thinking some of the sisters are helping out with that.  I think Trace is still in Hawaii unless they just got back. Jason and Jackson B worked together so maybe he came up for it. I’m guessing most of the youngers, Warden on down, were there, along with Gil and Kelly. We have the one pic of Addie there. Maybe the MedicCorps guys,Nathan and Lawson, swung over for the night from NC.

Trace is In Hawaii, I didn't see anything about that.

13 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Trace is In Hawaii, I didn't see anything about that.

I think Kelly let that slip in a Happy Anniversary post. It’s on the Bates Family IG. Trace and Lydia posted that they were taking a trip, but they didn’t say where. I’m sure all of the photos will be posted eventually.

Edited by JDuggs
Add
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

There's at least 4 other people In the wedding party. The magazine was worried very dumb. Cuz in the picture with all the hands you see a girl at the back that's not a duggar sister and I counted at least 12 hands

@Coconut Flannot sure why you feel the need to warn me for using something i didnt use. My phone doesnt have text speak thanks

Jill Dillard just posted wedding pics/videos on IG. It looked like a small wedding for a Duggar. 

• Upvote 1

Wedding fotos:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20241004_235424.thumb.jpg.06b6ff07c0dd17c5817aae24b1f6c8d1.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_235352.thumb.jpg.047120b881cd8b0c4c16d0e4a08cf2ac.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_235318.thumb.jpg.08baed4278abcaef6b993d0092a9f66d.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_235259.thumb.jpg.d331e78f70901436d0543c47812a8d86.jpg

Spoiler

Is this promoting a threesome or a polyamorous relationship? Like in 'three become one'? 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20241004_235237.thumb.jpg.a256046bead8024b6e7c6ada5f3290e4.jpg

• Thank You 2

From Jill’s Instagram stories it looks like Jer was there after all.

Spoiler

IMG_8327.thumb.png.bddf8ebf9be902e496b8a998be092eb7.png

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

@Coconut Flannot sure why you feel the need to warn me for using something i didnt use. My phone doesnt have text speak thanks

I'll send you a message as is appropriate.  A forum post is not the place for this discussion.

1 hour ago, flowergirl said:

Wedding fotos:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20241004_235424.thumb.jpg.06b6ff07c0dd17c5817aae24b1f6c8d1.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_235352.thumb.jpg.047120b881cd8b0c4c16d0e4a08cf2ac.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_235318.thumb.jpg.08baed4278abcaef6b993d0092a9f66d.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_235259.thumb.jpg.d331e78f70901436d0543c47812a8d86.jpg

Hide contents

Is this promoting a threesome or a polyamorous relationship? Like in 'three become one'? 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20241004_235237.thumb.jpg.a256046bead8024b6e7c6ada5f3290e4.jpg

By three, they mean them and God. It's a common enough idea in Christian circles, although I've never seen this braid. Usually this is referred to as the Triangle Principle (link). 

• Upvote 2

Jill posted a collage of photos from the wedding of her and Derick with various siblings: Jason, Josiah, Justin, James, Joe and one lone sister Jinger. I like to overanalyze this, but it seems to me that she’s on better terms with the brothers than the sisters with the exception of Jinger. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Jill posted a collage of photos from the wedding of her and Derick with various siblings: Jason, Josiah, Justin, James, Joe and one lone sister Jinger. I like to overanalyze this, but it seems to me that she’s on better terms with the brothers than the sisters with the exception of Jinger. 

I don’t know, it seemed like a pretty quick collage to get on her stories, she did seem to be avoiding getting a close view of any of the bridesmaids , probably the couple wanted some of the more polished and posed photos to come out first. I wonder if the whole family made it?  It seems like Jinger makes it to almost everything, surprising with the distance. Maybe her kids are extra good travelers. Really makes a difference. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

From Jill’s Instagram stories it looks like Jer was there after all.

Hide contents

IMG_8327.thumb.png.bddf8ebf9be902e496b8a998be092eb7.png

I noticed that, so now I am really curious why he was omitted but all the other similar age brothers were included.

I am interested to see a Josie and Jenni as far as I know they have not been bridesmaids before. I know Josie has been a flower girl for Jinger but is this Jenni’s first wedding party? I was always a bit disappointed that Jill had Hannie and not also Jenni 

it’s funny how even though it’s far away and blurry I can tell Josie by her pose IMG_5531.thumb.png.a86d8b4be4a0fd6a89ef0286abafc731.pngIMG_5529.thumb.jpeg.a060c9c77be6af7bde17a7fabd1bbfe8.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_5531.thumb.png.a86d8b4be4a0fd6a89ef0286abafc731.png

5 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Carlin and Evan were there. Not sure where Nathan is. His wife Esther is supposed to give birth on Monday, so he might be back in AR. Josie and Tori were down FL for Kelton and Bobby's work conference. I think they came back on Wednesday. They were then supposed to leave for another trip the next day. Not sure about Bobby and Tori. If they didn't have to go back to TN, i could maybe see them staying in FL for the rest of the week so Tori could visit with Erin more and maybe see Bobby's family. Bobby's family I think lives North of Tampa. It was Travis and Lydia's anniversary on the 1st, so that's why they are on a vacation.